Trouble with Mo?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFan10, Apr 6, 2015.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

you really think Tennessee would actually accept that offer?

2. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

If they don't want Mariota, they absolutely would accept I thin. Proven value is much, much more valuable than unproven talent/potential. Even if they only have him for a year or two before they have to pay him.

3. BrowningNagle

They would never trade the no. 2 overall pick for Muhammad Wilkerson straight up. Darrelle Revis in his prime, the best player at his position surprisingly fetched the no. 13. There are 5-10 better players in this league that are better at the position Wilkerson plays than him. It would be coup if they received any 1st round pick, let alone no. 2 overall.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I like this move by Wilkerson. The Jets have been dragging their feet, doing nothing. This will set into motion something. Either a deal gets done or it doesn't and Mo is moved. Something will happen. I think a deal gets done though.

IDFjet and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

talk to me about this in June or July when all workouts are mandatory to attend.

6. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Well whats nice is, management knows what they want to do with Wilkerson. If they dont see him as a franchise cornerstone, they wouldnt let him walk for nothing. Either a deal will get done, or he'll be dealt.

7. BrowningNagle

I'm curious as to how you are coming up to that conclusion.... ? Please don't take it as I am bashing you or anything because I am not, its possible you have followed this closely and I just want to know how you figure that because to me they haven't done much but kick the can down the road in the time being

8. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

No offense taken. I just think at this point in their tenure, management knows if they want Wilkerson to be a Jet in the long term. I know we havent heard much as fans, but I put little stock in that.

I'm sure management has a number in mind, and if Mo thinks he is worth more, than they will trade him. Might not be for this draft, but I doubt he walks for nothing.

9. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

What I was thinking is that we have Snacks, Coples and Richardson which should be a very formidable line. Add a pass rusher who would probably play OLB in our system, now you won't miss Mo too much. I love Mo, he is great, but we are so good on our D-line and need to improve in other areas.

10. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

why on earth would Tennessee do that?

11. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

They wouldn't they would just take williams at 2 who will probably be a better player than Wilkerson and won't be due big money for some years

12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Wilkerson Holds Out Of Voluntary Camp!!!

Revis: "Amateur"

13. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

should have gotten the deal done last year before suh doubled the dl market, idzik still hurting the team

14. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

shhhh we all know that's the answer....I was asking the OP

15. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I don't know that he'll ever be worth more than he is right now--I think they'll listen to offers.

16. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

I understand that this is only the voluntary workouts hes skipping out on, but Im beginning to accept the fact that we are going to lose Wilk. Heres my reasoning

1) This regime didnt draft him
    2) He might be replaced easily in Bowles defense. Our D line without Wilk and including Coples, is better than what Bowles had in Arizona last year.
    3) If we pay Wilk, Sheldon is gonna want more money, rightfully so. Id rather keep Sheldon around long term than Wilkerson.

I think Mac will set a number that he is going to stick with for Wilks extension and something tells me that Wilk will want more. If that the case, then trade him. The absolute worst possible scenario is for him to walk in FA and we get nothing in return

17. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't take Mariota with the overall 2. There are still rumors that he'll go to the Chargers who will trade Rivers to Tenn. if I drafted at 2 I'd take Williams. In terms of money would you take the Williams rookie contract over a huge deal that Mo is going to be demanding. It's not going to happen anyways. I don't think Mo commands that kind of value.

18. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

19. Clark Gaines

Clark Gaines Banned

What is that something?

20. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Mo doesn't have a statistic to stand on to demand Suh/Watt money. He's going to be paid like the borderline star that he is.