Rodney Harrison Slams Geno

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by UNWarCriminal, Mar 29, 2015.

1. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Think he sleeps at night?

bartscott and Walt White like this.
  2. lucrazy719

lucrazy719 New Member

Geno Smith is a backup qb plain and simple....he's aaron brooks meets Quincy carter.....just move already.....hot garbage doesn't get better no matter what you put around it.....I'll take mike glennon or Nick foles next offseason

3. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

You read that and came away with him saying the Jets shouldn't have signed Revis and Marshall? WTF are you reading? He basically said the Jets need to upgrade from Geno to compete.

Jets69, ajax and legler82 like this.
  4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Exactly, he was not trashing the Jets. He stated the facts, which we as jet fans already know, the jets need to move on from Geno and find a better qb in order to move forward and be successful.

5. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

“You can say whatever you want about Darrelle Revis, and I do believe he's the best cornerback in the league," Harrison said Friday on NBC Sports Radio, via ESPN.com. "But Darrelle Revis has not thrown a touchdown pass. He's not your quarterback. Yes, he can shut down a No. 1 receiver, but they need a quarterback.

In addition to this quote you both should do a little more research on Harrison. He's not happy we took the Pats best player so he states dumb quotes like this.

6. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Did you read what you just reprinted? Where does he say anything that insinuates he said they shouldn't have signed Revis?

I think it's fair to dislike the guy as a player or person for that matter. But his statement is extremely accurate in my opinion. For the Jets to compete for the division they need to upgrade the QB position.

ajax and Red Menace like this.
  7. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Aaron Brooks meets Quincy Carter.... that's pretty sad, but very realistic!

8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I'm completely aware of Rodney and his antics, before he played for the Patriots. If he had played for the jets we would have nothing but praise for his approach on the field.

Also please don't talk to me about him being a dirty player, the 60's, 70s and 80s, had some of the dirtiest players in football and most of them are in the HOF.

9. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

Rodney Harrison is a piece of shit who's opinions should not matter.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That jet fans think they can win a championship next year.
    thats where he lost credibility, everything else is the same shit thats been said ad nauseam. but he threw this out like its the rex jets talking trash after a couple of decent signings. He is trying to keep the circus alive

Charlie Kelly and Walt White like this.
  11. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Rodney Harrison is a cunt.. Excuse my language, he is. He's still trying to rip the ball away from David Tyree... Fuck him..

BUT, he's spot on about Geno.

He can still go fuck himself.

JoeyStylez and BrowningNagle like this.
  12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

He got sniped with PEDs and talks about class and integrity all the time lmao

BrowningNagle likes this.
  13. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

Yes in a big way but Amaro is going to be a huge part of any success this offense has this year. He is a big red zone target and good at getting open in zone coverage. He is a match-up nightmare for a linebacker, safety or a 4th string corner. I just hope Gailey makes him a big part of the offense. Between Marshall and Decker there should be plenty of opportunities of Amaro to make some big plays and improve upon his rookie season. But yes my good sir Marshall is a huge pick up for this offense and makes everyone better. Whens the last time we have had this much talent on the Receiving end? I haven't seen a better unit ever in my existence as a Jet fan, dating back about 15 years. I also think we should take Cooper or White if Fowler isn't there at 6 which I think he will be a jaguar. If not a WR in the first round then we should select one with our 2nd round pick. I would personally take DJB if hes there for our second round pick. If not him then Jaelen Strong.

What I'm pumped up about most is to see this defense in action. Should be a top 5 defense. I can't wait to see the line have more then 2 seconds to get after the qb. Last year our corners couldn't cover worth a shit so the beasts up front couldn't show their true potential in the pass rushing game. My prediction: Wilkerson and Richardson with 10+ sacks, Coples 7+, Harris 5+. Sack exchange is back!! Imagine if we are able to get Fowler! This defense could be legendary.

I think I need to hop up off my high horse right now lol we are a long ways away from actually playing a game. Good to be optimistic though.

14. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

"He might get a little better, but when times get tough, when adversity hits, guess what he's going to do? He's going to fold just like the last couple years,"

Truer words have never been said.

lucrazy719 likes this.
  15. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

There are plenty of Jets fans that have said much worst about Geno. Also, focus on the message and not the messenger. Maybe he could've said it in a nicer way but he's still right. The QB position on this team is so bad that it sinks the whole ship.

lucrazy719 likes this.
  16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I don't think the guy has an agenda against the Jets. I don't even think he cares about us. He stated his honest opinion. But this doesn't change the fact that I hate him like every other active or retired Pats player. He can go fuck himself but he is honest about his opinion about Geno. If he is right or wrong is another discussion.

17. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Much of this league does not have an elite QB, they don't grow off trees. This is Harrison just puffing his Patriot bias. Its tough to take this guy seriously when he was pumping himself on HGH.

18. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

I don't see why people are bashing Rodney Harrison for this.

All the evidence up until this point supports him. Is he suppose to go out of his way and say that an 8-8 and 4-12 season led by a turnover-prone QB is suppose to magically turn around?

Geno has given him literally nothing to say good about him. Geno's best meaningful game was probably the Monday Night Atlanta Falcons game in his rookie year where he did nothing spectacular except make his throws and not turnover the ball.

The last four games this year and last year were meaningless games where the Jets faces some pretty horrible opponents.

lucrazy719 and june19 like this.
  19. AlmostNamedMyDogRevis

AlmostNamedMyDogRevis Active Member

I am not a big believer in Geno Smith- I think he has potential but his lack of consistency is atrocious- however, let's use minimal common sense for a moment. 2013 Geno Smith led Jets= 8-8. Brandon Marshall>Santonio Holmes. Eric Decker>Stephen Hill. Darrelle Revis>Dee Milliner. So 8-8+ better roster != 5-11 or worse. Not saying they won't do worse but to say Geno can't beat 5-11 is stupid; he's already done it.

Btw, love the David Tyree gif.

Brook! likes this.
  20. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

? Are you seeing things or did you just quote the wrong post?