Robert Kraft tampers with Revis again...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by klecko73, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

so why are you here then

2. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

actually yes, because we don't have a cast of cheating bastards running our franchise.
    And we won in 1969. I am fine with it. It was earned. We did it by actually playing the game - not by deflating game balls, stealing opposition's signs, or illegally filming the other teams.

Jets4eva9011 likes this.
  3. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Wow. We had a couple pats trolls post here to I took a peak at a Pats forum to see how they're taking the news (lol)

This is an actual quote from someone: "It would be funny if the league said enough is enough and reverted everything back to the way it was with Revis going back to the Patriots."

4. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Or getting to a Super Bowl on the basis of a blatant fumble that was overturned by a rule created on the spot

Royal Tee likes this.
  5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Its "Id love for him to come back" vs "I wish he was still with us". Looks like a wash to me.

almbleamal likes this.
  6. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Who gives a shit about people talking to the media. I know I don't. If somebody going to talk threw media they damn sure will talk to that person. To me all this tamper shit is BS

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this! Now I'm wondering how trades get initiated if Team A is not allowed to discuss (even in private) a player on Team B.

Idzik to Seattle: "I haven't discussed this with anyone in our front office because that would be tampering, but would you consider trading Percy Harvin to us for a 4th round pick?"

Or how does Team A go about yoinking a player off some other teams practice squad if it's illegal Team A to hold a discussions about the player even in private? So dumb.

On the face of it the whole thing really is silly, but I LOVE Woody growing a pair and bitch slapping his counterpart. Just like when Mangini threw the Pats under the bus for SpyGate.

8. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Nobody is getting anybodies first round pick. Where are you guys getting this stuff?

Royal Tee likes this.
  9. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

Wow

10. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

Want some pepper with that salt?

11. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Hey remember when you were pretending to be a Jets fan?

Lmao go fuck yourself you false bitch

RuJFan likes this.
  12. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

Massachusetts literally smells like dog shit. I'm serious. The entire state. It's weird actually.

13. Charlie Kelly

Oh I get it, when Woody speaks in the past tense about a player under contract to another team it is blatant tampering, when barrell boy Kraft does it, It's innocent and above reproach.

Some days I wish that the Jets had the success the Pats have because I think it would, by default, make the fanbase elevate themselves intellectually. Then I see the vast number of idiots in the Pats fanbase and realize the error of my thinking.

You are stupid, like terminally stupid. I hope your family doesn't depend on you to live.

14. Charlie Kelly

15. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

The point is, is that both statements are petty. Does Woody Johnson believe Kraft tampered? No. But he's filing charges because he believes if what he himself said was considered tampering by the NFL, then Kraft should be held by that same standard.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  16. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Tampering sounds a lot like tamponing. There's a connection there, but I'd rather not try to put my finger on it.

TNJet likes this.
  17. Charlie Kelly

That's definitely correct. Kraft was actually stupid enough to, in two separate days, do exactly what he accused Woody of doing which by word of rule should be construed as tampering even though both of these billionaires were speaking in the past tense in response to direct questions.
    But DONT DISRESPECT MYRA may be the trump card LOL

18. Charlie Kelly

"The fan in me wishes he was still with us".

Or to.say it another way, you are a dumbass

19. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

Actually the case against Kraft is much stronger than against Woody. Woody was responding to a question by the press regarding the Revis' negotiations after he was cut by the Bucs and a free agent. Johnson's response has been completely taken out of context and distorted by the Pats and the pro-Pats media. Johnson's comment was not referring to Revis when he was under contract with the Pats, it was referring to the question of if you knew you could have had Revis at $12 million a year last when he was a free agent, would you do it.

Kraft has now TWICE talked about a player currently under contract with the Jets by discussing his contract negotiations not only when he was with the Pats, but after he was cut, and then after he was signed the Jets.

Nothing better than see this blow-up in Kraft's face. Which of course is funny considering the organization's systemic efforts to deflate all football related things.

Charlie Kelly likes this.
  20. Charlie Kelly

You have been all over this from the start and you deserve credit my friend, great thread and totally warranted! I'm going to enjoy your comments from here on out