What are you seeing at the Movies?

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Umphpool, Sep 29, 2014.

1. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Saw 50 shades last night, not bad. Dakota Johnson not hot at all though.

2. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Saw Kingsman great movie, really fun. And a couple really well done scenes. But the ending is a bit of a bummer haha

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Just saw "Jupiter Ascending" and the critics were spot on. This might be the worst SciFi movie of modern times. It would have been a natural for MST 3000.

It was flat out awful. From the CGI action scenes to the love story wrapped around a disjointed plot, This movie absolutely sucked ass! Two hours of my life gone! Poof!!! I would sue for a refund but I didn't pay to see it.... ;)

Umphpool likes this.
  4. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Yeah... I didn't need to see more than the trailer to know that

Umphpool likes this.
  5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

The Gunman?

Anyone?

I haven't seen a good assassin/sniper flick in a while and while the early reviews aren't great, I'm a bit curious.

Have always hated Sean Penn's politics but he was actually pretty good in his cameo role in Walter Mitty and I wouldn't mind giving him a chance on this.

LOVE Ray Winstone, Bardem played one of my favorite bad guys ever in Anton Chigurh and Idris Elba, while usually typecast typically puts on a good part.

From the director of the original Taken.

_

Umphpool likes this.
  6. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

-Really disappointing the Matrix Bros lost their edge

-I saw Focus last weekend really a dull movie.
    Decent way to kill 2 hours though if you have nothing better to do

7. Cman68

Its getting warmer..(eventually) so I will be a lot choosier about what movies I go see. Lately, movies have not met my expectations even when I lower them.. Sad really.

8. JStokes

Oh man The Gunman is getting panned.

Guess I'll wait til it goes to Netflix.

_

9. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

I saw an extended preview for it last night and it looked like a Jason Statham movie if you removed the names Sean Penn and Javier Bardem from it. Even had a Kid Rock song playing in the background

10. Cman68

Thinking I'm staying away from movies until Ultron comes out later this summer.

phubbadaman and The Dark Knight like this.
  11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I haven't been to the theater since I saw American Sniper. Nothing interesting out at all.
    Seriously nothing looks good until The Avengers: Age of Ultron. Though I may see Paul Blart 2 for the simple fact that I can't believe it exists.

Next week is the release of the Will Ferrell/Kevin Hart film: Get Hard. Looks terrible. Seriously is it me or does EVERY Kevin Hart film look the same?

Poeman likes this.
  12. Cman68

Its the formula at work. Just think Will Smith. They're not really acting, but instead being themselves. Every Will Smith movie was some character played by Will Smith, not Will Smith playing a character. Same with Kevin Hart. Same with Chris Rock. Same with Sam L. Jackson... See a pattern yet? The only actor to escape this trap was Denzel.

13. JStokes

I don't get it, I can't stand Kevin Hart. I find him the opposite of funny.

_

The Dark Knight likes this.
  14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I agree, I am a movie fiend. I go to the movies alot...I have not been since before December. Nothing exciting is out...But I will go next week for Furious 7. That should be fun.

I also had passes to go yesterday but I passed, I cant wait till Age of Ultron and Star Wars this year

The Dark Knight likes this.
  15. Drew

Drew Active Member

I'm really looking forward to Furious 7, Entourage, Jurassic World, Avengers and Star Wars.

Everything else is overwhelmingly meh. Entourage is probably going to suck but I was a huge fan of the show so I'm pretty stoked to see it.

16. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Really? I hope you're just really picky, because I've really been looking forward to that one.

17. Cman68

Nah man.. It sucked. I mean REALLY SUCKED. I'm a fan of campy SciFi too. I wasn't expecting much from Jupiter and it didn't disappoint. Thin plot, CGI that frankly could have been done much much better and forced acting all combined to make for a miserable experience.

Dude, the critics were right about this one. Either download it or wait for the DVD. Don't even waste your money on a BD. Its simply not worth it. Sorry to burst your bubble pardner but it is what it is and this one is a steaming pile.

18. JStokes

Saw The Judge on DVD last night.

Really really good and satisfying movie, surprising cast.

RDJ has become one of my favorites (ever since Kiss Kiss Bang Bang) and he gives a quality effort. Robert Duvall is always good but I didn't realize Vincent D'onofrio, Vera Farmiga and Billy Bob Thornton were in it too. Btw, I can't look at BBT and not see Lorne Malvo.

_

Falco21 likes this.
  19. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Saw The Judge the other night also. Rented it at RedBox. Great movie and a great performance, as usual, by Robert Downey Jr.

Also rented Nightcrawler. I really liked this movie, although it was very disturbing. That kind of stuff doesn't bother me, but seeing him play that freaky/fucked up character kinda freaked me out a little. Very good movie though

20. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Loved Nightcrawler. Gyllenhall plays a great psychopath. The movie kept me reeled in from start to finish. Gonna have to check out The Judge now.