Robert Kraft tampers with Revis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by klecko73, Mar 16, 2015.

1. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

Funny how Kraft talks about a player under contract with another team and discuss that player's contract.
    Sounds like tampering to me. I believe Goodell should dock the Patriots their #1 picks over the next decade as this is now a third strike against the Pats for systemic cheating...

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-je...kes-playful-jab-at-jets?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Patriots owner Robert Kraft takes playful jab at Jets
    March, 15, 2015
    Mar 15
    3:05
    PM ET
    By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

One of the things you have to love about the New York Jets-New England Patriots rivalry is that it's not limited to Sundays (or Mondays or Thursdays) in the fall. It's a 365-day thing, part of the everyday lives for the devoted fans in both regions. A Jets-Patriots reference can pop up almost anywhere at any time.

Such was the case Sunday morning in Boston, where Patriots owner Robert Kraft took a playful jab at the enemy to the south. Speaking at a packed St. Patrick's Day breakfast, Kraft cracked, "I must tell you, I'm not comfortable wearing green and white because it reminds me of a certain New York football team."

A couple minutes later, Kraft brought up Darrelle Revis and how "we've been taking a lot of flak about losing one of our best players." Revis, of course, left the Super Bowl champions to sign with the Jets -- a five-year, $70 million contract (talk about green).

It was hard to tell if Kraft was serious, as much of his speech was lighthearted, but he said, "The money was about the same. (Revis) was actually favoring us, coming to us a little cheaper." With tongue in cheek, he said the deal-breaker was Revis' demand that Castle Island -- located in Boston Harbor -- be re-named Revis Island. That got a lot of laughs from the crowd.

(Funny how the owners of the two teams like discussing Revis in public. When Woody Johnson did it in December, he got slapped with a tampering charge by the Patriots.)

Yep, the Patriots lost one of their best players, but they still have bragging rights. Kraft ended his speech with the ultimate exclamation point, pulling out the Lombardi Trophy, which was adorned with an Irish green knit cap.

2. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I would file tampering charges just to see if Goodell will send a team of observers to oversee all future Cheaters' contract negotiations.

NY Jets68 and almbleamal like this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

hell, if they filed charges against the Jets, Woody Johnson should return the favor.

I think it's a weak stretch to call it tampering but then again I feel the same about NE's accusations on Johnson so why not. Not too much different between the 2.

4. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

As soon as Kraft flew in to Arizona and threw a tantrum, you knew Roger wasn't going to do anything about them.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  5. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

First of all Revis isn't one of his players. I guess Kraft thinks he's an overseer and players are his "property." As Revis said, he's happy to be "home." Revis is a Jet. Anyways I don't don't care about this crap. What about Deflategate. It's a joke that it's gone on this long. I want justice!

TNJet likes this.
  6. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

I can picture it now. Kraft going to the office saying "Rogeeeeeer its not fair they took one of my favowite toys away. Can we deflate the balls more so Brady can throw touchdowns easier". "Oh of course buddy why dont I send investigators to the Jets to scare them so they dont take your toys anymore"

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

idzik has gotten a lot of flack for letting Revis go, and Macc has gotten a lot of accolades for getting him back.

The way I see it is the Jets simply 'leased' Revis and his $30M/2yr salary while we broke in a rookie QB. We now have $30M extra dollars to do what we want with AND we have Revis back when it counts.

Brilliant! Couldn't have planned it any better. And MoWilk/Richardson say "Thanks for the $30M!!!".

8. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

I agree with you it um....just would have been nicer if certain teams didnt reach a certain levels of success by us leasing him off.

9. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Look, Kraft is an arrogant putz, we all know that. And he's been sticking it to the Jets for years. Starting with their first SB win when he had to gloat and mention the Jets instead of just accepting the trophy and taking the high road. Ever since he came on board there's been extreme hatred between the organizations starting with Parcells and then Belichick. But give him credit unlike our owner he backs up his people. He doesn't throw any of them under the bus. Woody will choose himself over everybody and it shows in the results.

#9 pclfan, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  10. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

Kraft doesnt throw anyone under the bus because he hasn't had a reason to. When you are successful there is less reason for him to make changes and toss people under the bus. If Woody didn't toss people under the bus and make changes we would not improve. Plus Kraft is a butt

11. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Hunh. Guess enough oxygen didn't reach his brain after coming off that Super Bowl bender.

#11 pdxdrew, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  12. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

Well to be fair if we won the Superbowl I am pretty sure I still would not know which way was up or how to be posting this message right now.

13. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Yeah. If Oregon had won the National Championship. I'd have go on a few pub crawls. Well at least we made March Madness.

14. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Kraft is 1000x a better owner than Woody. There's no comparison.

15. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

To be fair we need to weight this statement. He is 100x better because he tampered with Belichicken who stole a $1 million bonus from Leon Hess, lucked into one of the top 5 QBs of all-time in the 6th round, Mo Lewis knocked out Drew Bledsoe resulting in Brady starting and Belichicken saving his job, systemically cheated by taping opponents, signed PED using players, and deflated balls to allow the QB to grip them better.

I give him credit for accomplishing all of this while banging a hot model while Myra was in hospice care.

16. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Hate the basitid but he did pay bellicheats massive 500K (spygate) fine in a round about way.

17. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I don't care about banging the model. I'd do the same thing if I was him. Why shouldn't he. Almost no one wants to work with Woody. His organization sucks. And then when there's some controversy like with Revis he lets other people take the fall and tries to come off as innocent. Kraft has bluster but at least he's smart enough to let Belichick run the team. Of course he's a businessman and signs the checks and BB has to report to him in terms of finances. His team is guilty as hell of inflating footballs but he backs his team before the SB (which obviously helped them on the field) instead of like Woody trying to deflect blame from himself. Plus just compare the records of the two teams. In spite of their dishonest shenanigans they have 4 rings.

18. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

11 AFC Championship game footballs found deflated on the Patriots sideline, "atmospheric conditions", a ball boys 90second bathroom break, and a 'gentlemen' who liked selling 'authentic' NFL memorabilia online ... all adds up to 2+ month NFL 'investigation' ...and counting.

19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Just some more Kraft Cheese. When Robert Kraft was turning 40 years old, his current girlfriend was just sliding out of her mother's womb.

Imagine that: a 40 year old guy eventually hooking up with a week old baby. Now THAT's a circus.

[​IMG]

20. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

It's not about banging the model...
    It's about using your wife's image to shame everybody into not talking about illegal videotaping WHILE banging a model

It's Hypocrisy .. you know, the Cheatriots' way