Make Millner and Coples available on draft day?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tomdeb, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

It would be ill advised to trade Coples and/or Milliner. Both are unproven so they wouldn't command much compensation in a trade, yet they have hope to eventually be value. They are the guys you look to trade FOR not TO.

Good Players to trade:
    Mangold (I love mangold as my pic shows, but he's getting up in age and will retire soon)
    Brick (he's slowly digressing)

2. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

maybe you are a Little Too Sensitive for your own good :/

3. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Milliner - yes!
    Coples - no!

However, Milliner probably has no value at this point. Maybe a conditional draft pick. He probably won't even be ready to go by the time the season begins and who knows if he'll ever get back to the player he was. So let him stick around for another year or two. Either he breaks out with us or he busts with us. Getting a late round pick in return is not worth risking him playing great ball for somebody else.

Coples is a stud when used right so I wouldn't trade him unless it's a 1st round pick.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Make Milliner available for what, a cup of corn chowder and a day old buttered roll? You won't get anything more.

4jetfans likes this.
  5. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

For a long time is was specific to a race and used in a derogatory nature. However this particular discussion is better suited for other portions of the forum.

6. SHOP14

SHOP14 New Member

milliner has only proven to be Mr injury both in college and the pros...coples we should keep and see how the new coach plays him.

7. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

Coples is one of the most important pieces on our defense. It would be crazy to trade him! Milliner, on the other hand, is expendable with all the additions to our secondary. If we could get a 2nd round pick for him, I'd do that deal I think.

8. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I would not trade Milliner. Cromartie could come back here and stink again like he did last time. So could Scrine. Milliner will take some time to get back to full health. But if we have to dump Cro it would be nice to slot Milliner in. He can spend this year watching Revis and learning how to be a pro. And Coples has talent. He goes nowhere until Mo is extended. If Mo gets an extension, i should say.

9. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i never liked the milliner pick but thats easy to say at this point...however, when u have veterans coming back to a team its is usually NEVER like it was before they left. as fans we all get our hopes up and most expect revis and cromartie to step in and perform just like yesterday....

hey if that happens and nothing changes except cromartie having fathered a couple more offspring so be it. we should be so lucky.

with that i would rather keep milliner and see how he responds. coples likely doesnt have a cap busting contract and maybe bowles can get something more out of him. i do think we pick a at least one LB pretty high this year with the intent of looking past coples and even harris in a year or 2.

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

IF (big if) Macc has his sights set on Mariota:

Titans had been penciled in to draft a stud D-Lineman with the #2 pick. That was before 26yr old QB Jake Locker threw in the towel. Ooops. Now you can add Tenn to the Mariota lottery. Bad for NY.

But what if the Jets offer to swap picks with Tenn and use Coples as trade bait? Tenn gets their stud D-Lineman (Coples) AND the #6 pick to grab a stud WR (or anyone else they covet). Not bad. A week ago Tenn was content with getting just a D-Lineman at #2. Now they get a stud D-Lineman AND a stud WR. Double what they previously would have been happy with.

Would that be enough for Tenn to look elsewhere for a QB? What if Tenn would do the swap but only with MoWilk. Could Coples move inside (the position he was drafted for) and provide the stability we get from MoWilk?

So here's the question: If Macc has a hardon for Mariota, and Macc is OK with trading one of our better players to get him, who would you be OK trading in order to get Mariota? Coples? MoWilk? Someone else? (Remember, Tenn has a huge need at D-Lineman and were going to go that route with #2 before Locker quit).

tomdeb likes this.
  11. BigJenks

BigJenks Active Member

Why would you trade Millner now when he is surrounded by quality mentors?

Jason Wirchin likes this.
  12. SHOP14

SHOP14 New Member

because he has yet to stay healthy

13. Jason Wirchin

Jason Wirchin Member

I wouldn't do that. It's too much to give up for an unknown. I'm a fan of Mariota and I'd take him gladly at 6 but I wouldn't risk giving up that much for him when it's possible he falls to 6 anyway.

14. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Who knows when Milliner willneven take the field. A torn Achilles? It may be a year before he is back up to full speed.

15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

i hear ya, just wondering if Macc has his sights on Mariota what might he offer Tenn in a trade. I'm not for it or against it, just trying to figure out what MAcc may have up his sleeve. If Macc really want Mariota, offering up Coples to swap picks isn't horrible. Better than giving up future 1st round pics, etc.

Jason Wirchin likes this.
  16. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

What is this Foolishness you speak of?

17. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Interesting trade that you propose--I really think Coples is a 4-3 DE not a 3-4 OLB. Were I the jets I'd make that trade with Coples not Wilk.

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I have never heard that phrase used in a racist fashion. I have seen reference to "fat lips" or "big lips" but never with "juicy"s part of the equation. I did have a reaction when I first read that post, but not a big one. I thought that it was just a unfortunate choice of words. After thinking about it, lots of women these days are getting collagen injected into their lips, buttocks and everywhere else. If anything, I think it might be more of a "sexist" comment.

19. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Racist border line? I'm black, guy. An my lips are way juicier than his anyway

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  20. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

Maybe we can sweeten the pie a little we throw in Kyle Wilson and D. Milliner. HAHAHAAHAHAHA