Make Millner and Coples available on draft day?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tomdeb, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Not a fan of selling low on 1st round prospects

jetsons likes this.
  2. Clark Gaines

Clark Gaines Banned

I'd like someone who makes this claim to--for once, which would be the first time--to have a specific play where they felt he took a play off.

There's only so many tackles a DL can make, especially when you have a bunch of other players around and your not featured.

another point is that people want to trade him. Well, what happens when, god forbid, Richardson gets injured. Or Wilkerson. Or Pace. Why diminish a strength?

3. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Do the Rams need a CB? Swap Milliner for Tavon and a third.

Kidding, although its reasonable.

4. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

He made plays but not consistently. There were games when he was pretty invisible. But he has talent and I'd keep him.

5. Clark Gaines

Clark Gaines Banned

Yeah "games" ... except nobody can actually name a game where the offense made plays against him. Or where they could say "wow, he really took that play off or didn't show the right amount of effort." There are plenty of games where a DL or LB won't show up hugely in the stat sheet. Doesn't mean that they weren't playing hard. There were games where Wilkerson had 1.5 tackles. Nobody says "he took some plays off..."

For me, it seemed like when the Jets had a monster, important play from a DL, Coples often made it.

6. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Other than the one play Coples made against New Orleans in 2013 (when their tight end reverse came right to Coples) I don't recall him making any other "monster" plays. I agree with you, though, that he is great insurance on the DL. An outside linebacker Coples is not, and Rex Ryan would never admit his stupid move of playing Coples at LB. Rotate him in on the DL and he'll earn his $$$$$.

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

For more draft picks

8. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

As people have said before me you keep both.

If we draft an olb at 6 it allows us to move coples back to the line as depth and shit doesn't get much better than that. Our line would be fresh on all downs, perfect for a blitzing d.

Milliner as our 4th cb this year is invaluable. Teams that will try to spread us out will find it very difficult due to the deep and talented backfield we have. We should be turning heads on how stout this d will be in September.

jetsons likes this.
  9. NyJet4Life

NyJet4Life Active Member

You should be permabanned for crossing the racist border line. That is a totally moronic statement, has nothing to do with the topic, and this type of worthless shit should not be tolerated to the utmost extent.

10. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

I'm not one to defend Charlie here but where did race even come into play? Are big juicy lips specific to a race?

jetsons likes this.
  11. NyJet4Life

NyJet4Life Active Member

Whether or not it's specific to a race is irrelevant in this case BECAUSE the poster specifically named Milliner who happens to be black. I understand ppl will defend him, and he may even deny it, but the fact remains that ppl can and will judge the context of the statement as I did. Maybe, just maybe he didn't mean it that way, or maybe he did and didn't realize it (Freudian slip?)

12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

haha you get a 'like' just for effort

13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

sure why not...

14. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

How can you not remember this.

[​IMG]

Also, this thread is ridiculous. The value we'd get in a trade for Coples or Milliner is low. They're much more valuable on our team.

15. MikeSLTJ23

I respectfully disagree. The comment itself was stupid and off-topic but because he was black, the comment is racist? If he was white, it couldn't be racist? That's the part that drives me crazy sometimes. Again, I didn't know having "big juicy lips" was a racial distinction typically made. If so, then my mistake. But I don't see racism as something that can be inferred.

jetsons likes this.
  16. NyJet4Life

NyJet4Life Active Member

Well you sound privileged, if you get my meaning. Although it's not happened to me, I've seen and heard growing up in NY and FL schools Blacks getting ridiculed because of having big lips. I don't know where you come from, but if you haven't heard that in school then you must've been home-schooled, only way you cannot know.

17. Clark Gaines

Clark Gaines Banned

I was remembering this very hit...and there were some important sacks as well.

18. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Totally agree.
    The inference is that he's a dog, he's got dog in him...total bullshit. The 'taking plays off' moniker is the most misused saying in sports, by media and fans.

19. MikeSLTJ23

I'm privileged because I never heard that before or because I'm white, if I get your meaning? You make me sound like a plantation owner, when you could have just as easily said I sound like an uninformed white guy, and you'd be right. You also could have said that "yes, that is a racist remark based on my experience" after my first comment, but you chose not to. Based on what you said, there's no place for Charlie's comment, but tell me, are all white people "privileged"?

20. MikeSLTJ23

By the way, you are right. I am white, and I am privileged. The problem, though, is that you equate the two and assume all white people are privileged because they're white. Sorry to derail the thread. Back on topic!

I don't think we should trade either unless it's for a piece that puts us over the top. I think the thought that they don't have trade value is untrue. They're promising players on cheap deals. That definitely has a value.