Our current depth chart

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tbruner12, Mar 13, 2015.

1. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

I think he's referring to Antawn Barnes, who was cut in December is currently a FA.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks. My bad. I thought he was talking about the DL Barnes.

3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Released in 12/14. He's an UFA not on the roster. We were talking about OLB's

They're updating the roster on the Jets site on every transaction almost immediately right now

4. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

I don't think I've heard anything about the team bringing in any FA OLBs for a visit, which seems a little odd, considering how old Pace and Babin are. Maybe they figure Fowler or somebody else they like will be there at #6.

Based on that depth chart, no disrespect to Mario Harvey and Chris Young (never heard of them), the ILB position also looks paper thin behind Harris and Demario.

5. Walt White

I think we'll see a lot of AA, Pryor, Gilchrist, Jarrett and these guys in the middle of the field up front. Definitely looks like a need for speed/Edge Pass Rusher on the edge tho. Hard to say if they have a true Centerfielder too. Prolly play out in camp.
    IK is totally one dimensional, but his bull rush on the edge is basically unstoppable. I think OLB is deep in the draft. Hard to say what their gonna do at 6

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

you are possibly the most annoying poster on this entire site at this point in time.

put some substance to something you say rather than simply shooting darts at everything that come up with no reasoning.

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

and to the op, can you put just a little bit of effort into a thread starter post? i get it i cant always remember everyones names either but go to google and look at the roster it will tell you who #56 is and the guy who you labeled as mr ??????????

its just not worth it to reply to a post wher eyou list a depth chart but dont know guys names who were here last year.

8. DRex

DRex Member

if this team gets its hands on Fowler at 6, good god man, idk wtf opposing teams would even do against this D. Won't be able to run on em, Wont be able to pass on them and if you try to go 5 wide they are ridiculously deep to even sustain that. Legion of Doom aint got nothin on this D(outside of the 2 Safeties)

9. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

It's looking like the Jets have established (reestablished?) the No-Fly Zone. Hope that through the draft, they get the personnel required to drop bombs on O. #Cheese

10. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I think Fowler and Beasly are both capable of wreaking havoc on this defense.

Ray, Gregory, and Dupree don't look bad either.

11. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Jets fans saying we have holes bc every position isn't top notch is funny and unrealistic. This roster is damn good. Sure we will push forward in some areas but on the whole talent level is more than apparent

We're heading into the draft in as good a position as I've ever seen us head into a draft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

almbleamal and FJF like this.
  12. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Could not agree more. I find it funny that we are in March and people are crying about holes on the roster etc. People news flash - we aren't going to have a Pro Bowler at every position. This regime has done a great job addressing some real areas of need. We can go into the draft without having to reach and still have 5 months to round out the roster.

13. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

Looks like the circus show down in New York has ended. You guys are making some amazing moves in free agency. I hope we beat you twice obviously, but I like seeing the AFC East improve as a division overall. It makes all of us better.

Not for nothing, but I hope if you guys start kicking ass you have a way to separate the posters who lived and died through the anguish of the last few seasons before you are all overrun with bandwagoners that show up only when the team wins.

I never thought I'd be saying it this year about the Jets, but I'm truly impressed. The excitement will build all on it's own. I'm willing to bet plans were shared with Revis on what was happening, and it was a part of his decision. Trent Dilfer proved you don't need a great QB.

alleycat9 likes this.
  14. Walt White

If they ever get it done they'll be a bandwagoner/frontrunner explosion the likes of which nobody has ever seen. I'd love to see them overrun social media hahahah

I would sit back and eat it up :cool:

15. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

That looks better.

So I'd like to see a RB, OT and OLB added via the draft. I'd also like some more depth along the DL, which can be addressed via free agency and the draft.

They've added so many players during the past week that it should make for plenty of flexibility when the draft rolls around. I see a lot of possible areas to add potential upgrades and depth, but not a single glaring weakness. Wow

This is how I'd prioritize it:
    1. OLB (Potential starter)
    2. OT (Draft choice and potential starter in 2015 or 2016; Brick and or Breno [most likely] will likely be gone in 2016)
    3. DL depth (via draft and free agency/resignings)
    4. RB depth (via draft in this especially deep class)
    5. ILB depth (potential heir via draft)
    6. QB competition/depth (if the right situation presents itself)
    7. TE depth (competition for Cumberland's spot)

16. DRex

DRex Member

i dont mind gregory,ray,beasley.....Fowler i think is a T. Suggs Clone, absolute freak show and what he would do to this D you cant put in words. I honestly do not see a hole in this defense, in rex early years our Back end was great but they couldnt cover all day with a non existent pass rush and teams would just pick on wilson and whomever was not named revis/cro. Towards the last few years we built a ridiculous D-Line but have no secondary. We will field what will probably be a top 3 front 7 and top 3(if not best) secondary. Coach is even more aggressive than rex but the difference is when he sends the house we will either A, get there or B, cause a turnover. When you have marshall,decker,kearly,amaro,ivory on offense as well you should be able to move the ball and score enough because i honestly dont see this D giving up more than 15 PPG

tbruner12 likes this.
  17. DRex

DRex Member

imagine we are that secret team talking to hardy? :eek: good god man....32 sacks in 2 years is no joke.....add fowler and you have the makings of the 00 ravens D with a scarier dline lol

18. Turbocharged23

Turbocharged23 Well-Known Member

I agree for most part except would move TE depth above ILB. Cumberland was atrocious and should not be starting on opening day, especially at $1.9mm

19. Jets3399

Jets3399 Member

How many corners do you think we will keep? Which ones? I really liked Marcus Williams. McDougle and Millener still have plenty of upside. Walls probably cut in training camp or traded to a team with injuries. I can't see us keeping more than 6 corners.

Revis
    Cro
    Skrines
    Millener
    Marcus Williams
    McDougle

LIJetsFan likes this.
  20. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Sorry to have let you down.
    My point wasn't to be specific, but to show the board our strengths and weaknesses. Reply if you want, don't if its too much trouble. Not trying to be a dick, as I also had a hard time remembering because it was late, and I was very tired and trying to just see what anyone else could add or what their opinion was on the idea of our roster was moving forward.
    I think I explained that, but maybe you were too tired to read past your disappointment of my inability to recall our roster for last year in addition to our added players in the last couple days.
    I thanked the guy who fixed it for me.
    I'm sorry that I shit on your bowl of Cheerios. Do whatever you want as far as a reply. Ta Ta

alleycat9 likes this.