Investigators Sent to Jets Facility: Tampering

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

The rule saying "You can talk to players but not make any deals for X days before the start of free agency" is ridiculous. The only point of talking to them is to make deals.

2. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Yea that rule makes as much sense as Don't Ask Don't Tell

BacktoQueens likes this.
  3. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Revis wasn't a free agent so if we talked to him before 4 pm Tuesday and the league has evidence that's kinda really bad

4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

That's what I was saying.

This is not a "non story". If Woody did something like this, we are fucked. It scares the hell out of me considering Woody is a moron

5. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I'm sure nothing major will come of it so long as they don't find out that we talked with Revis before FA. I highly doubt that is the case as we haven't been linked to him in january and february.

Also, there was a tampering case a while back with the niners and bears where they DID talk to someone. All that happened was a pick switch, granted briggs didn't sign with niners

6. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. ESPN reported much earlier Tuesday that the Cheatriots weren't picking up Revis's option. Wouldn't that make him a FA once they declined the option?

7. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Not to mention that he saying he would have liked Revis back at the price the pats for hardly constitutes anything more than a fine

8. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

No they didn't officially decline it until Tuesday

9. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

But Mac isn't a moron. There was no reports of the Jets linked to ANYONE prior to Tuesday. There was a thread on here bitching about it. This is The Patriots being assholes. As usual.

10. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

"The NFL's taking this incredibly seriously" - Jason Cole

I wish they would take deflate-gate incredibly seriously.

almbleamal and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  11. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Got a feeling the Jets will be losing a draft pick for tampering this year, although I agree with everyone that says his comment was referring to the prior season, it doesn't change the fact that he violated the word of the rule. Hopefully the pick we lose is a late pick and not in the second round tho

The kooks on Patsfans.com think they're gonna be swapping first rounders with us which is a laugher

12. Falco21

This is what I'm scared of. The NFL is taking this very seriously this time. It's not gonna just be a fine and a slap on the wrist.

Fuckin New England! Cheating motherfuckers. Such scumbags

13. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

This thread title is extremely misleading. Makes it seem the jets are just now being investigated and that's not the case

In fact they were never investigated at all in that sense. They were monitored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  14. Falco21

They were sent to the Jets Facility. What's misleading about it? Sent is a past tense word. And they are labeled as "NFL Investigators"

[​IMG]

15. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

so we are fuked

Goodelll is in Pats pockets

16. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I think this is just window dressing. The fact that the NFL is probably looking at evetybody. If they only look at us only, I will be pissed.

17. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

Very true.

If the Jets contacted Revis's agent before he was a free agent, then they are morons. That would be a big deal.

But if the investigation is dealing with "Did these teams release information about their tentative deals to the media on Monday, when we told you to wait until Tuesday?" then IMO the investigation is utter BS, and just consists of the league swinging its big D around just to show that it can. Just rifling through GMs' phone records and e-mails to get revenge on them, even though the leaks could've come from the agents, and even though there is no legitimate reason for the NFL to want to keep the deals a secret until Tuesday.

If they're looking for Revis tampering, then I guess they'd need to check phone and e-mail records. As long as they weren't contacting Revis or his people before he became a free agent, it should be fine. The fact that they came to a deal quickly doesn't mean the NFL should assume there was tampering- Revis basically got what he wanted, so there wasn't a need for super long negotiations.

#37 Jets Esq., Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2015
  18. BigJenks

BigJenks Active Member

Every jet fan should mail goodell a deflated football if we lose a pick over this.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  19. thankyourevis

thankyourevis Active Member

The level of denial on this board is mindboggling. Here is how is gonna go down guys since we all seem to be having a hard time wrapping are heads around this. If woody just made that comment two months ago and nothing else probably just a fine. If the investigators find out that the jets and revis were talking before 4pm on tuesday with the addition of that comment with the additon of actually signing revis...we are gonna lose draft picks.

20. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Hopefully we weren't that stupid but we probably were

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.