Make Millner and Coples available on draft day?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tomdeb, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Milliner has potential if he can stay healthy. We should see what Revis can learn these young cb's about the position. If he can teach them up, and they become our future, it makes the Revis contract so much more worth it.

2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Millner has no trade value until he gets on the field and proves himself.

3. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

I don't want to trade him. I think he'll replace Cro in a year or two.

jonnyd likes this.
  4. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Who would take Coples' snaps at OLB?

I would keep both, unless by some miracle you get a tangible offer for Milliner.

5. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

You keep them. You don't just ship out your youth for vets. Trading them isn't smart practice, you wouldn't get much trade value anyway.

6. wisewolf

wisewolf Active Member

Might not get good value, but I think there is a better chance that Dee's value will be less this time next year.

7. thankyourevis

thankyourevis Active Member

No one desires him

8. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

Uhmm... What??? Pace & Babin ARE GONE next year if not this year... Coples I would DEFINITELY revert back to the DL & I would sign the rest.

9. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Milliner is not leaving. The Jets will be in the Dime package a LOT so if healthy he's going to get playing time. Probably as much playing time as our Outside Linebackers.

10. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

Yes trade Coples. But there's no point in trading Milliner now. As much as a waste as he is he had no value. Could make a package deal with Coples though hes very overrated.

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

No. Coples is going to have a big year for us w/ that secondary and all the attention being paid to Mo and Sheldon.

Milliner is damaged goods as the moment, wouldn't bring us back anything and he will learn under the best now. way too early to give up on him.

jetsons likes this.
  12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Milliner will be the dime back this year and can be great in that position. Even if he gets hurt we have a bunch of people to back him up. I would keep him at least this year and maybe next too. We still don't know what McDougle can do either since he never made it on the field.

13. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

You keep both of them. Their trade value doesn't equal their potential talent.

jetsons likes this.
  14. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

IMHO I think coples replaces pace, cut pace, draft a pass rusher. NO value in trading milliner.

jetsons likes this.
  15. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Depth=Good thing

Keep them both. Milliner will get a ton of burn this year, and Coples is a damn good player.

16. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I think they re-signed Pace who seems to have a decent shelf life because he's a pretty good role player. Coples needs a change in position but not sure he can get the motor up on every play. That was what they said about him coming out of the draft and they were right.

17. Clark Gaines

Clark Gaines Banned

Oh God!! This is soo annoying: guys regurgitating outdated arguments. Coples has done just fine. Unlike the glamour boys--Wilkerson and Richardson--Coples' work never gets mentioned. If Richardson or Wilkerson so much as breathe on an offensive player, the announcers are all knob-slobbing on them. But Coples can make an important play and it's "the Jets defense stood up that time..." and, really, when you consider how many times Ryan had Coples playing "in coverage" it's amazing that he's made as many plays as he has.

Guys want to trade or get rid of Coples because they heard "he's lazy..." and that paradigm is the one they are most comfortable with. The man has talent and has acquitted himself well in the scheme and role he's been asked to play.

FJF likes this.
  18. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I'd keep him too. But play him where he can be effective. Which could be on the DL. I'm not an evaluator of talent but he seemed to be playing out of his natural position. But does he take off plays. That was his MO in college. Right now it seems accurate.

jetsons likes this.
  19. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

I said trade Coples for a draft pick in my pre-combine mock offseason and I stand by it. He's most likely a goner after this season anyway.
    I'd trade Milliner too. For a 2nd rounder, absolutely.

20. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

why would you trade a player on a cheap contract and coming off a 6.5 sack season ? and going into his 4th year