Connor Hughes: Jets Officially Agree to Bring Cro Back

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Mar 10, 2015.

1. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Shemy

Shemy Member

These guys were good with guys like DeVito, and Pouha on the D Line can't wait to see what they do with the likes of this current D-Line!!

3. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

If that teenage girls parents can pay that bill, who cares? The Jets have the money to spend and they are spending it to, you know, try to win...

4. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I'm still an Allen fan. He was out of position last year

legler82 likes this.
  5. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

im sure you and "everyone" will survive, and two of two ain't bad.

-I get he's been wrong before, but you never know

6. BroadwayGeno

BroadwayGeno Member

LMAO thats the point. We were playing a safety as our number 1

smh

Murrell2878 likes this.
  7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Bowles is getting everything Rex wishes he had last year.

legler82 likes this.
  8. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

man we really overcompensated for our CB problem huh?

if this defense aint eliteā€¦ nah, it'll be elite.

9. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Jesus, just that picture is going to give me nightmares. The penny pinching that led to the abortion that was the secondary last year was absurd. Hey, at least we had cap room for 2032 though...

Anyone think that if Idzik can do it all over again, he would spend some money on the secondary too?

Bill Belichdouche likes this.
  10. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Throw in a Solid QB and we may survive

11. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

The problem is, Allen plays essentially the same position as Pryor. We need a FS, not more SSs.

12. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Rex is probably being placed on suicide watch as we speak. Getting Revis is bad enough, but Cro and another corner. Rex must not be allowed near sharp objects for the next few weeks...

James Hasty likes this.
  13. ccraveiro21

ccraveiro21 Member

People need to chill with the cap hell suggestions. We needed to spend to get to that 89% threshold. Wait until you see the guarantees. God forbid revis or skrine went down next year we would be begging for cromartie had we not signed him. 3 good corners are litterally essential for Bowles D. Just like linebackers are less essential so we will manage our spending there accordingly. The cap will continue to go up there, we will probably end up cutting pace, babin and a few others in camp. If needed we could franchise wilk 2 straight years, it won't even be tho so don't worry about that. Also brick will probably be cut or restructured next year and he's one of the highest on our pay roll. See how teams like the pats just signed an all pro safety to a mega deal even with next to no cap? We still are not in the "red" area so to speak, relax. I also believe that cro took less, look at how these corners have been paid, it's not just affecting us it's affecting the whole league in one way or another. I for one am happy about the move because I think if we get that edge rusher our D can be top 3. Btw cro played better than PP in Bowles D last year so take that with a grain of salt, but acknowledge it none the less.

14. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

You know what I love most about all of this?

We finally have a GM who is listening to his head coach and making moves to help. Bowles is HEAVILY reliant on corners to run his defense effectively. So what does Mac do? He goes out and signs three press coverage corners, one of who is the best corner in the league. That's awesome!

Our coach and GM are clearly on the same page

Acad23 likes this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

"Looks like a solid CB duo to me.... "

- john idzik

legler82, Big Blocker and milcus like this.
  16. GangGreenTay

GangGreenTay Active Member

I am sorry but this is looking a whole lot like the Eagles "dream team" a couple years ago. You cant just buy great talent and win it has been proven in the past it doesnt work. Idzik is clueless but he was building the team the right way simmilar to Green Bay and Seattle. We have another fast food team. Good for 1-2 years and thats it. Its superbowl or bust

PutJerrichoIn likes this.
  17. BroadwayGeno

BroadwayGeno Member

Dude, we had the worst corners in the league so we address that by signing 3 good corners. Where's the dream team?

18. joykilla

joykilla Member

Will be fun to watch this defense. Hopefully we can limit the offensive turnovers and be a solid team. Will be interesting to see what we do at #6. Could MM be the Guy?

19. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Idzik wasn't building shit

legler82 likes this.
  20. PutJerrichoIn

PutJerrichoIn Member

Good lord that is a bad deal.

Rahim Moore was had for $4M a year and is 6 years younger. I don't understand you guys in the "we had to spend the money somehow!" camp. How about spending it on younger players with higher upside? Or getting more value for the signings and filling even more holes.

Jury is still out on MM, but outside of the move to get Brandon Marshall I don't see how half the guys on this board couldn't have made those moves. We all wanted Revis and we all knew if we offered him the most money we would get him. We all knew Cromartie wanted to come back and if we gave him big money he'd come back. Buster Skrine and James Carpenter are always going to go to the places that offer them the most money. David Harris is always going to re-sign with us if the money is good...