Give it up for... Big Mac!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Mar 10, 2015.

1. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

Now they call him Tanny 2.0

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If he gives Cro any more than $3 mil, it will be a pretty good comparison.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Good grief, you are the worst

I'll save you a trip to the store and buy you a box of tampons. You want the big box??

By the way Cromartie isn't going to sign for less than $3 mil so you might as well get a head start on crying- welcome to 2015s NFL

NJBeliever and Falco21 like this.
  4. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Love what Mac is doing, I feel confident in the FO for the first time in probably FOREVER!
    Let's hope we can draft some home run hitters that can come in and contribute right away, especially on the O-line and LB'r.

A little disappointed we couldn't swing a deal for Foles, but that's not a knock on Mac.

4jetfans likes this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

How little do you know about the salary cap exactly?

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

It's amazing looking at our grades for free agency so far. Espn has grades posted on our moves.

Darrelle Revis - A+
    Brandon Marshall - A+
    Buster Skrine - B+
    David Harris - A
    Carpenter - B

Amazing. I never thought I'd see these grades with what we've been used to.

Poeman and NJBeliever like this.
  7. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Biggest holes this off-season? WR, CB, OG, LB, QB

Marshall, Revis/Skrine, Carpenter. Resigned Harris and Powell. Currently in talks with Fitzpatrick, Helu, Cromartie.

Seriously, what more could you want as a fan right now? He was in on Iupati, Franklin and a host of other FAs.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

MacCagnan is off to a fast start. The key for him is to turn this start into sustainable success. Tannenbaum fell down because he pushed the envelope too hard and didn't have contingencies for when plan A didn't pan out. Winning now is a good attitude to have but not at the expense of tomorrow. The great teams like the Patriots and Packers rarely have losing seasons. I want this team to win now and for the next ten years.

FJF and Snatch Catch like this.
  9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Helu is going to Oakland. He's apparently got a deal in place already

10. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

A good job but without the owners approval and the 50 mil no Revis.

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Happy with the acquisitions, but he will make me one proud Jet fan if has a decent draft.

12. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Technically Rod Graves does all the contracts and cap stuff. But Mac makes the call. Good job FO!

OFFSEASON NEEDS:
    WR: Marshall
    OG: Carpenter
    CB: Revis, Skrine, Cro* (Cro will happen)
    S:
    TE:
    QB:
    OLB:
    MO:

13. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Can you name 10 receivers in the NFL better than Marshall? Can you name one DB better than Revis? Our rookie GM got both. You don't get all-Pro talent without paying top dollar. Patrick Peterson got 5/70. Sherman got 4/56. Not to mention fortifying the D by re-signing Harris who most assumed was gone.

This has been a phenomenal offseason and its not even done! A+!

14. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

He get two snaps up and a twist

15. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Said in another thread, but maccis being proactive instead of reactive. Idzik waited and waited and waited until he only had scraps from the kitchen table.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

First of all I totaly agree with CMman's sentiments, and I would add that I think even Woody Johnson has shown he's capable of redemption, and in fact has gone a long way this off season to redeem himself, first with the Bowles and Mac replacing Ryan and Idzik, then the Marshall trade, and now bringing back the best Jet player since Namath (sorry Curtis), all of which Woody was probably on board with all in.

But let's not go crazy here. IMo it is highly doubtful that Idzik would have dealt Revis without Johnson's agreement. I would say impossible, but let's just say highly doubtful.

I simply think Johnson has come to understand it was a mistake to let Revis go, and has now made up for htat mistake.

17. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

EXACTLY!!!! Best post I've read in awhile!!!!

...and on that note, let's all look ahead to Geno Smith developing into a solid starting QB this year under Bowles and Gailey! And with this suddenly loaded roster, that may be all we need! It's a great day to be a Jets fan!!! :) :) :)

4jetfans likes this.
  18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Right now the Jets are still missing a QB and have huge questions on the DL and the OL is still aging quickly. They still need a FS and a rush LB. They're still a Chris Ivory injury away from having a completely ineffective offense again.

The Revis signing filled one hole. It put the obligation on the Jets to fill the other ones in a hurry so they didn't just waste $48M in cap space over the next three years to spin their wheels.

PickSix likes this.
  19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

That's a list of moves that will look really bad in two years if the Jets haven't made about a half dozen more high impact moves around them. It's the buy-in on "better get a QB now."

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

well jeez you can't fix everything in one night. especially with where Idzik left the team (rock bottom).

outside of a small handful of teams, every team in the NFL needs a good QB, is a QB away from winning, etc. Considering there wasn't one available, I'd say they did damn good this offseason.

This team will have holes always. Every team has holes and has to rely on cheap/young players to hold the fort at their position somewhere on the field every sunday. You either mask your holes with great coaching or you rise above it with elite players elsewhere.

Darrelle Revis is an elite player that can help mask some other deficiencies on your defense, namely pass rush. That's a step in the right direction.

Brandon Marshall, I'm not going to call elite, but considering he's a big body and can gain separation he can mask some deficiencies at the QB position because he has a larger window to throw too - every pass doesn't have to be perfect to complete it to him for example.

No matter what they did this offseason they weren't going to suit up with all their holes filled, I'd rather try to fill some of them with great players than try** (unsuccessfully) to fill all of them with lesser/cheap players