Should we as a fan base be worried?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Doogstein, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

Today a lot of agreements were reached between players and teams, and yet I can't be slightly upset and worried over the fact that nothing really happened for the Jets today besides us showing interest in different players. We didn't need to lock down a marquee FA today, but some sort of tentative agreement with someone would have been nice and showed us that we really are planning to be aggressive in our rebuild. We seemed to have lost out on a good chunk of our primary targets (Iupati, Franklin, Hoyer) and I'm just hoping it's not a sign of things to come for tomorrow or Wednesday. Am I jumping the gun or should we as fans be uneasy about today's lack of developments?

4jetfans likes this.
  2. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

No, we shouldn't

3. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

I'm ticked. There are so many holes...one has been filled.

4. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Be worried when players actually sign and the Jets don't do anything. That we haven't heard about any "done deal" reports doesn't mean much, they could have agreements with half a dozen players and just not be allowing it to leak like some of the other teams. We didn't hear squat about the Marshall trade or the Harris contract until they were in the books

5. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

Should we be worried as a fan base? No, we should be worried by ourselves....it's much easier to handle.

6. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Yes. Panic. Go commit crimes, perhaps even kill a stranger.

[​IMG]

xxedge72x and LongIslandBlitz like this.
  7. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

Step away from the ledge. The Jets will be picking in the top 10 again next year. As long as they don't pay QB money to a guy that hardly even touches the football they will still have a chance to go in the right direction.

8. JetFighter

JetFighter Active Member

Have to say it is pretty concerning there is no sniff of anyone picking us over other teams where we have expressed interest. I guess we'll re-sign Mo at some point and that's about it, have a feeling Spiller will look elsewhere, we are o for corner and will thus probably put all our eggs in Revis basket, I mean what other big names or solid players that are not big names are out there?

9. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Yes.
    But it's not Maccagnans fault, it's Woody Johnsons fault.

It's his fault for owning a team and ruining it year after year for not knowing a fucking thing about how to run an organization.

10. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

The only thing us fans should be worried about is winning games. Let the coaches and managers worry about building their team.

joe likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I was a little upset earlier, but only because I hadn't seen/heard much news about whom the Jets were pursuing. I feel much better now. Once I heard that they had strongly pursued Franklin, and several other FAs, that alleviated my angst. Mac can't help it if players don't want to play here, but at least he was showing interest and trying. I was only worried earlier because he's new, I didn't know what to expect and was hearing little news.

I just saw that supposedly James Carpenter of the Seahawks is supposed to be signing with the Jets. That's great news if true. He's young and good in pass protection. I expect the Jets will sign several second tier FAs. They might still get Culliver or Revis. But if not, it is what it is.

12. Jetsruby

The only signing so far is James Carpenter.

really.

Brandon Marshall was a trade. There have been no other FA signings. This is worse than Idzik.

13. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

You mean... there have been no FA signings before the beginning of free agency?

FJF, joe and iJet like this.
  14. Jetsruby

You must not be following this process. Legal Tampering period started days ago. You can do everything except sign on the dotted line. Most top Free agents already have deals.

Jets69, James Hasty and NYJets17 like this.
  15. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

just leave dude

joe likes this.
  16. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

Yup! Like Frank Gore!

17. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

he said top free agents bud

18. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

And actually, if you were following the process, you would know the NFL is striking down on all teams that "violated" this process, which includes verbally agreeing to anything before the start of free agency.

19. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

Ah. Top free agents. Right.

In other words, the free agents that plunge the teams into cap hell that sign them, and are usually cut within 2-3 years leaving an albatross on the cap?

I have no idea what we'd do without an 8.5M per year guard that can't pass protect!

Snatch Catch likes this.
  20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

oh no, the season starts tomorrow! we're screwed!!!

JETS1116 and joe like this.