Who is your most desired 2015 Free Agent for the Jets?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

ok well youre making a lot of assumptions i just can't comment on

2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I think you are making a big assumption by insisting that just because they are our free agents that we will be able to retain them.

Even worse I think you assume that doing so would not involve us having to overpay any of them.

If we can keep Wilkerson, Snacks, and Robertson on reasonable cap friendly deals that would be huge for us. I would probably be even happier than you if it happened but I am not holding my breath.

3. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

The only problem with that is all our young players are pretty much on defense, given our draft history. So if we sign Free Agents to the offense we have a very short window before they are all old, and overpaid. Have to find some young players on offense and add a few veterans defensively to balance it out.

4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I don't understand how some fans on this board think, if the jets could have Suh, Mo, Coples, and Richardson getting to the QB, it would be an offense worst nightmare, who cares about technique, I'm sure Bowles can figure out how to adjust the schemes.

Bowles played safeties in place of LB in Arizona, you don't think he could do the same with the Jets? You guys want your secondaries problems to go away, sign Suh and it's the Giants versus Patriots repeat.

The offense still needs to be addressed though.

I'm with you on this one Hasty.

James Hasty likes this.
  5. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Well Cobb is only 26, I think and there are a few O- lineman that are pretty young that we could add, along with a veteran WR.
    I don't think it should be that bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I would like for our first pick to be Iupati on offense, and defense besides Cro i'd want McCourty

7. Geno Da Meano_

Geno Da Meano_ Active Member

Byron Maxwell. Only because he's been one of my favorite players in the league for a couple years now.

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I will be very surprised if the Jets do not go all out to get a Cb in FA, maybe even more than one.

9. JetLifeLo

How about Pollard (depending on the price) Cro (he's as good as ours anyway) and McCourty. I've also read that Bowles likes to play with 3 sometimes 4 safeties if he doesn't have a good pass rush.

On the suh note, Bowles also is willing to adjust his 3-4 to a 4-3 defense if the adjustment is needed for certain opponents (he did it vs dallas last year and shut down Murray and held them to 17 points). So Wilk and Rich could focus more on pass rushing in that situation, put snacks and ellis in the middle.... which could still be a nightmare for offenses.

Red Menace likes this.
  10. Geno Da Meano_

Geno Da Meano_ Active Member

I wonder if Mac is going to make a run at Doug Free. Move Giacomini to the guard spot and bring Free in on a 3 year deal. From reports that I've read, he sounds like a guy who you want in your locker room too.

11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I think they will go after, B. Maxwell and K. Jackson, young players that could be signed for 4 years each.

freemantoon likes this.
  12. JetLifeLo

I wouldn't have a problem with maxwell on the jets.. we don't have top notch WR's to play against in our division like the NFC east does if he were to go to Philly (reported Top suitors). I wouldn't trust him to be the guy to have to line up vs Dez and DJAx or OBJ. But our division, his toughest match up might be Sammy Watkins, i would trust him vs anybody else in the division for sure.

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Just too many names to put down in a poll. So far it appears if there was a poll that Devin McCourty would be leading the majority #1 guy.

I'm surprised that people would pick him over Cromartie, but I'd be down with McCourty for FS, Cro for CB, and other CB added

Truth4U2 likes this.
  14. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

I don't like any of the FA wide receivers, especially considering the contracts they will get (talking about Cobb and Maclin mostly). Those guys are complementary types, but they will get paid like elite franchise WRs. Let some other team overpay for them.

I would sign offensive linemen, CB, maybe safety, and linebackers in free agency, and draft receivers and runners instead. I think that's the way to go.

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I have no idea if she's a FA, but I'd like to sign Salma Hayek to play on my team.

#55 NCJetsfan, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    hwismer and Red Menace like this.
  16. Drew

Drew Active Member

Darrelle Revis. Randal Cobb/Jeremy Maclin. McCourty.

Under the radar-ish signing: Jordan Cameron

17. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Screw if, let's sign McCourty, Revis and Suh and draft Fowler in the first round. Who needs offense, good luck scoring on that shit. (Kidding)

But McCourty would be my number 1 target.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  18. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

Watching NFL Live right now (DVR'd) .... Mark Brunell is practically raving about Mark Sanchez...says "I would pay Sanchez....he has won some big games in his career, especially with the Jets...he beat Tom Brady, he beat Peyton Manning, he has the ability in big games to rise up...he was a consistent guy this year..."

Let's go get this guy lol!

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Nah, I currently have her on my team, I can trade Selma Hayek to you & a 1st round pick for someone on your team

20. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

1. Revis: gives the team a #1 CB
    2. Franklin: helps to improve the o-line at either guard or tackle
    3. McCourty: gives the team a true FS

Truth4U2 likes this.