Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Great post Homer. Keep dreaming.

2. 40yrpatsfan

40yrpatsfan Member

If this were a court of law, the judge would throw this whole line of prosecutor evidence regarding ball custody/prep/pressure out the window. Total lack of credibility. All of deflategate and the K-ball part would be dismissed by now.

3. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

So Kensil orchestrated the whole thing because he hates the Patriots. Even though if true he would be blackballed by the NFL and never work again in football. You're saying this because he once worked here and his father is Jim Kensil. You're sure about that? Isn't that the kind of assumption you're saying we're doing. Making blanket statements. With no proof to back it up. The thing is there is plenty of proof. And least 11 items of evidence to be exact.

4. Tunamelt

Tunamelt Member

Or, I could tell them what Mr. Vick did to dogs.

I think this whole Ballghazi thing is going to be Bad Newz to the Jest.

Stay off the D ramp, man.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

does anyone else find or hilarious that pats fans blame the jets for this? only in patsville.

delusional retards

#4365 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
    NY Jets68 and Charlie Kelly like this.
  6. Tunamelt

Tunamelt Member

And who audited the Colts' footballs? Kensil. I'm sure he did a great job inserting the needle and all that. Moistened it prior to insertion. Didn't stick it in too far.

Can you quote me the p.s.i. value of any of the footballs used in the game? What's that? No? You can't? Nobody can?

Oh. Bummer.

7. 40yrpatsfan

40yrpatsfan Member

"Orchestrated" is a little strong, I don't believe he'd collude to bring down NE. But he was with the Jets at the time BB screwed them over and left, so very probable anti-BB sentiment. He likely has pre-judged NE, his prejudice colors his actions.

He's in serious trouble job-wise. A guy on his staff just got fired for stealing a game ball in mid-AFC championship and substituting another, and word is the guy had been suspected of (or caught) doing the same thing previously. Kensil or his staff undoubtedly is the source of the umpteen leaks over the past month, creating a total farce of contradictions to put it mildly. No accurate measures of any balls pre-game, and word that he's down there doing psi tests himself at halftime. His group has seriously embarrassed the NFL. Most owners have to be talking about canning him.

8. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The guy selling the balls (for his own profit) and this guy on the NEP payroll McNally are birds of a different feather. And it's 2 different situations. But your team will want to combine them and maybe this even helps you out because it could screw up the case they have against you even though it has nothing to do with deflategate. The bottom line has always been: all the NEP balls deflated, none of the Colts balls deflated. You still haven't given a sane answer to that basic question.

9. felker

felker Active Member

There is no answer to this statement because:

1. There is no consistent story between the rumors on how many balls were deflated.

2. Without measuring the temperature of the balls along with the pressure it is impossible to know how much air was in them. If you don't know that how can you say if a ball is deflated or not?

3. The referee doing the measuring pre-game did not write down the pressure measurements he made. If you don't know the starting point of a given ball how can you tell if it's deflated?

Maybe the NFL will be able to figure this out. But fans right now are guessing.

People with a lot more than a college level physics course can also be football fans. One example is clearly the folks at Carnegie Mellon.

10. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Cold air doesn't cause a 2 pound loss in air pressure. Two teams in the same place given identical balls. So why the difference in air pressure for all Colts balls vs your team. Let Kraft buy a scientist who can prove that.

11. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

How can this possibly be bad news for the jets? I look forward to your reasoning.

12. 3rdandlong

3rdandlong Member

I'm "one of those folks" from Carnegie Mellon. I studied the same chemistry there when I got my degree in engineering. The simple fact is it incredibly unlikely that specific combination of the variables of pressure, volume, mole of gas and temperature consistently affected one set (the Patriots balls) and consistently did not affect the other (the Colts).

Your argument would be reasonable if there was a random, somewhat even distribution. There was not.

13. 40yrpatsfan

40yrpatsfan Member

That question's been answered many times. The legal range is 12.5 to 13.5. Guys like Aaron Rodgers have said that they prefer the higher psi, so it's quite possible the Colts had theirs set a full psi higher than NE's - all within the rule. The latest reports are that the NE balls were mostly only 1 psi or less below 12.5

Also nobody has claimed that any balls were even measured with a gauge pre-game, just at halftime and after the game. There was no log of what each ball measured at pregame. Indy's could have been 14 and NE's 12 and nobody would have caught that unless a gauge was used.

Also nobody logged what temp it was when the Colts balls were inflated vs NE's, or at what temp Indy's may have been stored pregame. If they were exposed to cold prior to the game, then when they go outside into the cold, the psi will not change.

It's a fairly long list of reasons why the process may/did not meet the standards of a scientific test. Most of what I've seen says that the temp diff could account for .5 to 1.0 psi, not 2.0.

Also, as BB described, NE preps their balls with a hard brush to scrape off the finish (legal), but they found that the process increased psi by a full 1.0 temporarily, which is then lost when the ball settles. So if it measured at 12.5, it naturally could fall 1 psi due to that alone.

#4373 40yrpatsfan, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  14. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Pretty simple. Pat's inflated to 12.5, Colts to 13.5. Each loses 1.5lbs psi, puts the Pats at 11.0 and the Colts at 12.5. Next question ?

15. 3rdandlong

3rdandlong Member

you choose to assume the balls started at the farthest states possible. That is bias. I suggest let's assume the more likely state of a random distribution of "legal" values in each set, as you claim there is no information about the starting condition. Still, no explanation why only one set falls below the thresh hold.

16. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The balls were the exact same weight when measured by the ref before the game. Now you're saying the Colts did it. A total crock of shit. Esp after their GM is the one who warned the league about it.

17. 3rdandlong

3rdandlong Member

Have the colts been accused of over-inflating their balls on hot days?

18. maddad

maddad New Member

I'd like to take this opportunity to add to my post count and let you know you're a douche who's single handedly doing for jet fans what one officer with a broom handle did for the NYPD. Be proud, idiot.

19. Tunamelt

Tunamelt Member

First, if you're trying to impress me with your academic credentials... you've succeeded. Damn, Carnegie Mellon. Good school.

Second, we don't have any numbers. Nobody logged anything.

Third, this was a "surprise inspection" for the Pats' footballs. The thing about surprise inspections is, they only work when they're a surprise for everyone. Was this a surprise inspection for the Colts? I'm not so sure it was. If all of their balls were inflated rock-hard, I would be neither surprised nor impressed.

You don't honestly think the Colts' footballs can be used as a control sample, do you?

20. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Lots of dumb fuck Pats ball lickers in this thread and while I don't believe any of them really believe what the are trolling this dude is the weakest fucktard.

_

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.