Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Well lets see how this plays out,,,,I think so far this year that my area got hit with back to back storms a week apart just once. I know points south and east only got a little snow and rain but I got close to 10 inches each of those times and that snow has not melted all that much and is still around. Jay as usual I will believe it when I see it,,,keep em coming

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Local tv guys are saying Saturday we get maybe 1 to 3 and that NE gets buried again,,,,,oh well,,,,maybe Tuesday,,,,,believe it when. I see it

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Heck of a snow shower came through, dropped close to an inch in less than an hour. Whats the deal this weekend jay? I think we are getting 6"

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Wow FJF,,,,,local guys did not go there,,,,,and none of them are on board for Tuesday,,YET....just read jays site,hmmmmm.
    Jay give us the cliff notes in a nutshell,,,,,and don't tease me , are we getting it ? Lol

5. FJF

Its looking like Wednesday/Thursday and i think we will see the locals start buying in this weekend. This thing has real potential

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Thanks FJF,,,,,keep em coming Jay

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

1 foot of snow scheduled for Boston this weekend!

We'll see. Had a couple inches yesterday and today.

8. Drew

Drew Active Member

Sounds like NYC could see some serious numbers next week.

9. FJF

So the forcast for this weekend just gave us in the h.v. 2-6.

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I just read jays site I'm waiting for an update here,,looks like u are correct fjf

11. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Ok...updating site now but as usual...TGG gets the info first..but in a nutshell damn it.

Ok...alberta clipper meets polar vortex...they both meet the warmer waters off the Jersey coast and BOOM...AND I MEAN BOOM. Now this will not be a one footer for us...have to get up to MA to get those numbers...

When this happens tomorrow night the storm will undergo a bombgenisis (not really a word but kind of one)....a total bomb out off the coast bringing with it several things...and Im going to copy paste here for my site.

1. Incredible winds..gusting to over 45 all over and over 65 Eastern L.I. on north.
    2. Heavy snow squalls...like a summer thunderstorm (dont be surprised if you actually hear thunder) Dropping heavy heavy snows for many....BUT NOT ALL....but most. A quick hit could drop 3 to 4 inches in an hour...hour and a half.
    3. Dangerous..and I mean dangerous wind chills...probably some of the worst since we started this thread.
    4. Dangerous temps...the only reason we will not go below freezing Saturday night is because of the winds. The winds prevent cooling and we will have to wait until...
    5. Temps on Sunday night will break records all over the place as winds subside..and the cooling takes place. Combine that with the snow cover and the setup is there for temps to go to at least 3 above to 5 to 8 below for ALL.

Then we focus in Tuesday night/ Wednesday on some models and Wednesday morning to Thursday morning on other models..and still...the key ingredients for a biggie are there....but not final. Will discuss that later.

First things first...we talked about this being a wild 6 days starting yesterday so prepare for tomorrow night and some crazy situations...no joke guys. You do not want to be on the road when this heavy burst occurs and right now...anywhere between 4pm and 9pm...northwest to southeast.

I talked about the reason I really got into weather about a week ago...and it was this exact setup tomorrow and tomorrow night...so lets see how this plays out.

Royal Tee and Brook! like this.
  12. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Thanks Jay

Do you see any risk of losing power?

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Keep em coming jay

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

No new news ? Stay the course ?i guess we will see soon enough,,be safe and stay warm all

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

My local weather people are predicting 2 ton7 inches up here ,,,,,,,keep em coming jay

17. FJF

same here. Models still showing storm for Wednesday. Should see the locals pick it up sunday i think

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

MBTA shut down in Boston for Sunday. They shut it down Friday evening which is a bold move. I think they want to get it ready for Monday, but who knows if they will be able to do that

19. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Predicting 6-10 inches for me. I'm in Portsmouth, RI for the weekend. I just want to do Olive Garden and a movie today but we'll see. Snow is supposed to start mid-afternoon last I checked. Wife still isn't home and it's a 30 minute drive so the next showing is 3:30...

20. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Greeeeaaat. My daughter lives in Narragansett during the school year so I should be expecting more frantic calls soon!

_