Glennon or Mallett

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Feb 4, 2015.

?

Who would you rather the Jets bring in this offseason

Poll closed Mar 4, 2015.
  1. Mike Glennon

58.6%
  2. Ryan Mallett

41.4%
  1. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Bradford, Locker or live with Geno

Noam likes this.
  2. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Realistically that is our situation. With a weak QB draft and FA class Geno is likely the starter for 2015. Mallet would be interesting signing as a development QB but expecting him to beat out Geno at the start of the season is not likely. The problem for the Geno haters is there really is no realistic option other than Locker or Bradford. I guess Mariota could be an option but whoever drafts him should be sitting him for at least a year.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  3. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Wait, you actually think neither of those two could compete with Geno!! LOL!!# but, you think Locker could!!! Now that's funny

4. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Exactly

Murrell2878 likes this.
  5. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

How about both? Glennon/Mallett/Geno/Simms(or draft pick) is something to build on. You have 2 developmental guys who have significant starting time, and 2 prototypical pocket passers to develop. That would give Chan something to work with.

6. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

What he said.

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If we are going after a QB that is not available in free agency it would seem that we could do better than Glennon.

Manziel just checked into rehab. If he comes back sober and motivated he has more upside than the other options we are looking at.

Zack Mettenberger played well for the Titans and could be available if they use the #2 pick on a QB.

8. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Geno Smith.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  9. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Neither, I feel like they are on the same level as Geno and Geno has the advantage of being comfortable with the receivers.

10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Glennon. Doesn't he have something like a 29:16 td:int ratio? He got a raw deal in Tampa and would gladly ship a conditional draft pick to have him come in name compete for th starting job

11. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Check Glennon's numbers and compare them to Geno's for starters

12. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Glennon would probably beat out Smith, but would cost more to get. If the Jets thikn that highly of him, I guess I go with him because he's looked good on the field before. Mallet is more speculative. Ftr I don't hold Glennon's experience in Tampa agaisnt him since that looks like it was about politics.

freemantoon, Truth4U2 and JetFanInPA like this.
  13. JetsVilma28

Starting Mallet is the same as starting a Rookie, IMO. 42 NFL completions in 2 years...he isn't competing for anyone in the NFL; a bench warmer, at best, in the NFL; and that's even a reach.

Locker has shown he can run an NFL offense. He just hasn't shown he can stay on the field (important to mention his offensive line has been a turnstile). Geno has had flashes of both greatness and ineptness (MM was a terrible OC/Geno/QB manager, IMO Especially with a tandem of Ivory and Powell in the backfield).

14. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

This is a huge understatement. Geno Smith could make the hall of fame of ineptness after just two short seasons. In the Buffalo game alone he completed three of three drives with interceptions.

Anyone who thinks that Geno Smith can be relied upon even as a backup is kidding themselves.

Big Blocker and freemantoon like this.
  15. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Mallet also could not stomach the cheating.

16. JetsVilma28

You could put together 2 of Genos games and find stats where he appears a Hall of Famer.

Is Geno going to struggle with a starting wo core of Kerley, Holmes and hill as starters in a rookie season?

How about that offensive line, struggle in that "pocket"?

How about a Rex Ryan "offense"?

How about throwing Geno 25+ times a game ?

How about throwing Geno 40+ times in a game?

I don't know why anyone is surprised by Genos struggles? You could put Junc's "great" Tom Brady behind center with this o line and Rex at HC and Mm at OC and all the deflated footballs that "shady" could squeeze his hands into; and his stats would be the same as Geno. I think Brady's stats would even be worse bc IMO Brady has more quit than Geno.

I'm not calling Geno the future, but based on the present names being tossed around; I fully expect Geno to be the starter in Sept. Get your paper bag ready for the "inept"

17. Pavelboca

Pavelboca Active Member

Are you serious?

18. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I'll pass on both. They might both be slight upgrades over Geno, debatable in Mallett's case, but there are better options then either of them.

19. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I hope we can do better than these two guys. What is Mallette's contract status? The Patriots got very little for him. I'd take Mariota over both of these guys. I think Hoyer will probably re-sign with the Browns. But I'd take him or Matt Moore over both of these guys.

20. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Bradford better be the QB. Only guy who will be available who has a chance to be a top 10 qb and who gives a shit about winning (that takes Cutty out of the mix, whose a good qb, just doesn't give a shit).