Jets to Pursue Darelle Revis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Feb 1, 2015.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

please pay Wilkerson first.

2. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

I agree with your first 2 points, but I don't think he's married to Rex as much as we might think. In fact, he might even like Bowles more....our new HC is every bit as good as Rex on the defensive side of the ball. The only question is if he's as good a motivator as Rex was, and if the players will respect him as HC as much as they did Rex. My guess is that the answer will be YES to all of those questions. I think players will want to come here because of Bowles.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I would root for him if he became a Jet again, just like I rooted for Jason Taylor when he became a Jet. That doesn't mean I want the jets to pursue him, as great as he is.

4. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

no one respected Rex as a HC. They LIKED him as a person but knew he was a buffoon as a HC.

5. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

System fit and familiarity with teammates, stadium, area. While playing for the Patriots he'd play for the better football team but it'd be "his" team if he came back home and signed here. End of the day it will probably come down to money and we have the most to offer.
    Should've been done already, I agree pay Wilkerson asap. It shouldn't limit us from going after Revis tho. We can afford both and still have a huge amount of cap space.

6. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

that's what i'm saying lol. i don't think rex has as much pull as people think

7. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

No..just the 20% of the board here really. Rex is highly respected in most NFL circles.

Truth4U2 likes this.
  8. NIJet

NIJet Member

No thanks

fuck Mevi$

9. Truth4U2

If they didn't respect him as a HC, they wouldn't have publicly come out in support of him returning, they are professionals who know the difference between needing a good HC to protect their livelihood, versus a buddy to hang out with...the players would not have supported him at all if they didn't think he could help them win.

10. hardcharger

hardcharger Trolls

Hey kids, one thing at a time, he'll be in the Duck Boat, Super Bowl, celebration parade in Boston on Tuesday.

11. mute

mute Well-Known Member

You'd be the one on your knees blowing him.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

12. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

All this "you'll root for him if he comes back" and whatever

Bullshit.

I don't want him to ever put on a Jets uniform again. We can get more from the money we'd spend on him than having him on the team.

Actin like you didn't see him get toasted last night.

Bill Belichdouche and xxedge72x like this.
  13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Are you on break from choking on Belichick's cock? gtfoh

14. Truth4U2

LOL he didn't get "toasted", he got beat on maybe one play! Most of the game he wasn't even thrown at; Brady is too smart to mess with Revis. And you're totally ignoring the fact that Revis was a big reason the Pats even made it to the SB this year. Think about it .... the 2 previous seasons the Pats lost the AFC title game without him, and this year the only real addition they made was bringing Revis on board, and Voila!, they "magically" make it to the SB and win it this year. Face it....you can hate him all you want, but he's a major difference maker (and it's not like he's the only player in the NFL motivated by money lol)

15. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

Of course I would love to see Revis in a Jets uniform again. What can Woody possibly offer him to join an unproven HC w/o a QB? 49% of SC Johnson? I'm not sure the Jets have anything Revis wants.

16. jonnyd

They wanted him to return because it was a country club. Nick Mangold, Shelson Richardson and others have come out and said the practices and preparation as a joke. NOBODY respected him as a HC. He is a joke. Everyone knows that.

17. jonnyd

As a coordinator maybe. The entire NFL a kniws that he is not a HC

18. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I don't want him.

I want Cro.

19. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

We all love and misd revis, seeing him in New England made it that much worse... Now with that said, we can't forget how impossibly difficult he is on front office managment. To get him back the Jets would have to massively over pay, with the knowledge that with in a year or two he will hold the orginization hostage if his play doesn't diminish... Great for him as he has made max dollars for himself with this approach, but it's awful for an orginization.. I see him continuing this style and being a hired assassin in essence. Revis has one loyalty and that's to his money.. He's done well..

20. Truth4U2

Well, if that's true, if team leaders like Mangold and Richardson would rather hang out at Rex's "country club" than work on building a winning team, that's pretty sad, and we need to get rid of even those guys! :(
    ...somehow I find that hard to believe. Guys like Mangold, Richardson, and Wilkerson seem like real pros who want to win.