What will be the league's punishment for Woody's tampering?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by New England Patriots, Dec 29, 2014.

?

What will the Jets lose for Woody's comments?

1. Draft Pick

6.6%
  2. Cash

53.8%
  3. Both

2.8%
  4. Second Warning

36.8%
  1. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

Could not have said it better myself

2. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Patriots are the darlings of the NFL, I would expect the prick Goodell to screw us royally.

3. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Maybe the league will make Woody sell the team to someone who actually knows what they are doing.

Of course George Costanza has another idea that Godell could use to punish Woody:

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

what will be krafts punishment for deflating footballs pats man?

FlaJet, NYJetsO12 and Jets Esq. like this.
  5. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Rex Ryan filed these charges the day he became Bills HC. The Pats aren't bringing Revis back on that contract and Woody wouldn't touch Revis with tampering charges hanging over his bulbous head.

Rex filed these charges. He has too much of a man crush on Revis not to do everything to get him.

6. Over & Out

Over & Out Active Member

^ this

We all know NE is still cheating aside from the poor competition they face in their division. They probably don`t have to cheat but it`s their motto. All of their SB victories, along with many other victories are tainted with asterisks ********* ! They will always be known as cheaters. Just like Namath will always be known for The Guarantee, and Parcells being known as The Quitter. Seems NE will cheat with any possible thing they can. The DOUCHEBAGS of the NFL.

NYJetsO12 and JetLifeLo like this.
  7. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Which is hilarious because pats fans seriously think Roger goes light on the Jets because he worked here. The preferential treatment show to NE is laughably visible.

VaBchJet and NY Jets68 like this.
  8. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

It's funny how I believe that there's a small chance we get slapped harder for this than the Pats do for Deflate Gate. That's how biased I think the NFL is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Won't happen after the huge media outburst due to deflategate.

Goodell (post-Rice) knows how important the media is in influencing punishment. Not necessarily a good thing, but the amount of coverage the allegations against the Pats have gotten will influence his decision.

10. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

It's a good job the media are influencing the decision because there have been more column inches devoted to Woody's tampering on NFL.com than "deflategate".

11. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

If I could bet on when the deflating balls and other forms of cheating where they haven't been caught started it was after the Kansas City game. On to Cincinatti meant we're going to start cheating. Probably started filming the other teams and hacking into their headsets.

12. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

That chance is as "small" as the men in our photos.

13. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

True. How has the media outcry not been a good thing though? If there was no media outcry the Pats are probably looking at losing a late round pick and play in the Super Bowl without it being questioned. For Rice it was all the video that did him in. The NFL didn't want to do anything, the the media outcry helped change for stricter personal conduct policies. Wife beaters and the Cheatriots deserve all the heat they're getting.

14. jack handy

jack handy Member

My guess is that a min the Jets will be banned from signing Revis as a free agent. Most likely will involve a nice fine, don't know about a draft pick but it wouldn't be a huge surprise.

15. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

I think the Mike Kensil/Jet connection to deflate-gate is interesting. I think it would be hilarious if all this is all because of the Pats tampering charge against us.

Everyone can see how absurd the charge is. All Woody said is "Revis is a great player. We'd love to have him back", when asked by a reporter if Woody was behind Revis not getting signed, despite Revis saying he wanted to return to the Jets.

So the Patriots on their high horse file tampering charges, despite Woody calling Kraft to apologize and tell him it was inadvertent. Kensil, (who everyone says is a good, stand up guy) has heard rumblings that the Pats are up to their old tricks, so he decides to pull of a sting at the AFCCG.

Now New England has egg on their face, and all the Pat fans can't enjoy Super Bowl week because their teams is a bunch of cheats.

That's gold Jerry. I'd be so proud if it were all because of us.

FlaJet likes this.
  16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he was clearly talking about last year and misspoke. no loss of picks will come from this, maybe a slap on the wrist.

17. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Or as small as the brains of pat fans with their stupid post..LOL:eek:

18. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

I still think the punishment is a fine, but it will be interesting to see how Revis signing with the Jets impacts the punishment. I'm not sure we'll ever get an explanation when the punishment is handed down, though.

I personally have no problem with what Revis did. The NFL is a business and he's getting a heck of a lot of money. Thanks for the championship, Revis.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  19. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Solid take, I expect at least a fine because Woody is an idiot.

20. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

How much will you be fined for rooting for a jerkoff repeat cheating franchise?

Hobbes3259 and FlaJet like this.