Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

Yup.

2. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

It won't matter when/if they get punished with just a monetary penalty and then win the SB.

3. MiamiDolphin

MiamiDolphin Active Member

4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Good video.

5. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

6. VT16

VT16 Member

Very interesting video.

I didn't think there would be that much of a difference between the two balls (it's hard to tell just how the balls would differ when you're just hearing about air pressure measurements), but seeing Bettis squeeze the two footballs really makes it hit home just how big a difference there is between the two footballs.

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

You'd want to use the Gold Bonds on 'em.

JetBlue and mute like this.
  8. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

This story is huge. I'll put it this way: I'm Canadian and live outside of Toronto, the Leafs are the #1 sports story every day no matter what (especially right now we people throwing their jerseys on the ice and stuff) and I have had 9 people who couldn't name 5 NFL teams come up to me today (they all know I'm a football fan) and all asked me about this story and what's going on. That's in a non-football market with people who might watch a quarter of the Super Bowl but mostly want to see the half time show and commercials (which we don't really get here but that's a different story).

I can't even imagine what the radio stations and water cool chatter is like in football hotbeds like where most of you guys live. There is no way in HELL that the league can just sweep this shit under the rug, they'll be the laughing stock of professional sports. They gave the Pats a free pass on taping the Rams. They gave them a slap on the wrist for SpyGate. They are going to have to come down hard (like Saints BountyGate hard or worse) and while I'm not happy it has to come to this I'm looking forward to seeing what happens to this cheating franchise. If nothing else there are clearly asterisks between every championship BB and TB have won (as he's no doubt in on it, like the Madden article said: It only makes sense it was the QB's idea) and they should be banned from entering the HOF.

Brook!, NY Jets68 and MiamiDolphin like this.
  9. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

The ceiling for this is crazy though, imagine what will happen if the investigation proves: The Pats did it in the past (including against the Ravens), the refs were in on it, and that multiple members of the roster were aware of the deflate-gate. God the Patriots would be demolished.

10. jack handy

jack handy Member

From a legacy perspective this won't be a blip. You have to think 20 or 40 years out and the only thing people are going to have as a reference point is 6 sbs at least three won, 20 plus playoff wins, 10 div championships"........ We may not like it but both of them are going into the hall first opportunity.

11. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

And when that happens I'll be more than happy to make little bronze plaques that say cheater and super glue them right next to their names.

12. RIPJimLeonhard

I agree unless the investigation proves the Pats have used under inflated balls in past games as well, then I think the legacy will be tarnished as people will say "which games did the Patriots win by cheating, and which ones did they actually win?"

13. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Great study for college psych student is to read pats forums and jets forum on the matter- as a jet fan I am not surprised at the pats fans. Their only focus is on the fact that it "didn't matter because we killed them"

But

If we stick to just the facts, they bluntly broke the rules and need to be punished

I recall Yankee pitcher Pineda ejected for pine tar to help his grip this past season. Yanks lost anyway, but Sox fans went ape shit.

Using their logic, that incident should be ignored. But technically Pineda broke the rules and was punished. So you can't have it both ways..

Chowder eating bitches- sorry had to add that

Poeman, 74, june19 and 2 others like this.
  14. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Yeah their legacy was always tarnished IMO
    This is just more to support that!

Sweet

15. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Seriously. If everyone in New England could just stop telling me where to go to get "da best chowda" every time I har to go there that would be great. It's soup, get over it.

16. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

That was my thought as well.... Brunell saying he could throw that ball 10 yards farther and throw it better gives Brady (who BTW hadn't been very good in the last 2 AFC title games) a much easier time to throw in the cold.

17. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

Glad I don't live near chowder head country. Worst we have hear are bandwagon Pats fans and lots of them here are jumping off the bandwagon after this.

18. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I actually worked a lot with gases Van der Waals equation was my bread and butter for close to 10 years.

13 psi at 80 deg. F will become about 12.6 at 50 F.
    Temp change as a reason for 10.5 is absurd.

19. RIPJimLeonhard

"NFL Planned to Investigate Balls Before Jackson's INT
    Wednesday, Jan. 21
    The NFL had already planned to investigate the footballs used in the AFC Championship Game at halftime before D'Qwell Jackson alerted an equipment manager about the ball being deflated after a second-quarter interception, according to a report from Fox Sports' JayGlazer.

The report also states that the Baltimore Ravens, who had lost to the Patriots the week before in the divisional round, alerted the Colts about the amount of air in balls before the conference title game."

Wow, so the Ravens tipped off the Colts to keep an eye on the ball pressure according to this, which would indicate the Pats had under inflated balls against the Ravens as well, their excuse for the Colts was they would have won anyways because the score was 45-7, what about the Ravens, who they only won by 4 against and were down by 14 twice in that game? Hmmm.......

MiamiDolphin likes this.
  20. 74

74 Well-Known Member

No doubt at all they cheated against the Ravens. The thought of going 1-3 at home against the purple birdies was too much for their bitch asses to handle.

Brook! likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.