the AFC is wide open next year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfannerd, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I don't see what the OP is talking about. In any event, the Jets will not be a contender until they upgrade at Qb.

2. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

AFC teams better then jets going into the season

Everyone besides titans and Jags

3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I'm glad to read that the bold still holds true as I was starting to get the feeling that all we needed was Chan Gailey.

4. legler82

I wouldn't be so sure about the JAGs.

5. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

As currently constituted you'd think Steelers, Ravens, Patriots as favorites for AFC. Some other teams could jump into to mix after off season acquisitions.

6. legler82

Jets fans lose patience with OCs so quickly, I wonder if we will ever have a QB that would have the benefit of being in the same offense for so long that he completely masters it like Brady, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers…etc. Part of the reasons why those guys are so good is that they know their respective offenses like the back of their hands.

7. legler82

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight Rex will go down in Jets history books as one of if not the best in this team's history not because of his playoff record, 2 AFCCG runs and/or consistently fielding top 10 defenses but because he was likable. Cool story Bro!

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Are you making up an argument in your mind?

you have like annoying 17 posts in a row complaining about how everyone thinks Gailey is some god who will turn this offense around overnight and yet I am not seeing that consensus anywhere.

There's an argument to be made that more Jets fans are anti-Gailey than those that are trumping him up. I see people trying to remain positive sure, maybe I'm one of them, but nobody, expect maybe the few clowns made up in your head, thinks he walks on water. Of course this team needs a good QB.....

9. legler82

Be upset at our history of coaches not Rex or those who like him. It's not his fault he accomplished more than those before him who did not set the bar very high.

KWJetsFan likes this.
  10. legler82

slimjasi likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

eh.. theres a few nuts in there I suppose but not really all that exaggerative

12. jack handy

jack handy Member

If he does then it will because the bar was never raised and the Jets yearly have a top ten draft pick. How would he compare against a coach that wins 3 SBs, has 20+ playoff wins ................? How about one that has 1 SB win but wins the division 11 times in a row?

13. legler82

Well that's a completely different argument. The poster I responded to said Rex was the "single most overrated coach in this teams history". My stance is that he is not overrated when compared to this team's history of coaches.

#53 legler82, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  14. jack handy

jack handy Member

Fair

15. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

The OC bar has not been set high either...

16. legler82

So Gailey should be to clear it easily then.

17. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

I don't know. I am encouraged by his body of work, he seems well qualified as an OC and I'm hopeful.
    This gig may be his toughest challenge yet. We do have talent to work with, if he can work some Chanfu on Geno or whoever else we get at QB, we may be alright.

I don't see us as having much to lose by giving him a chance, there's not a lot of options and of those, Chan seems the best fit for us.

18. legler82

If MM was terrible as many believe, we "have talent to work with", Gailey is "well qualified" and the bar set by previous OCs is so low, there really should be no doubt. It just seems like Gailey is just another in a long line of OCs, who Jets fans desperately try convince themselves is the answer only because he is new, only to want to burn at the stake as early as midway through his first season. NCJetsfan admitted that the last Jets OC he liked was in the early 80, 35+ years ago…LOL. There's probably younger fans that's never liked any Jets OC.

What I saw the past 2 seasons on offense was a lack of talent and/or poor combination there of not bad game planning, play calling or design. I feel MM to Gailey is a downgrade; I hope I'm completely wrong. Not quite sure what makes Gailey the best fit over the likes of Trestman, Gase, Shannahan, MM..etc. other than inevitable nature of his signing.

19. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing as I was typing but went with it anyway

20. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

What a Rex hate troll post,Our last three losess to the Patriots are by a total combined 6 points.All those games were a dropped catch or missed play away from winning