Are we better off now?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by James Hasty, Jan 14, 2015.

?

Are we better off now?

1. Yes, Maccagnan, Bowles, and Gailey are the dream team we need to succeed

84.1%
  2. No, Idzick, Rex, and Marty had a plan and we should have been patient

15.9%
  1. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

I think that we are in a better spot than we were. Time, and draft picks, will tell us how great it is.

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

And 2 weeks before Rex and Tanny are joking and hobnobbing at midfield waiting for their teams to play in the AFC Championship game.

:eek:

_

3. hermshadit

hermshadit Member

4. hermshadit

hermshadit Member

Been a fan of the jets for a long time now. I'm actually excited about next season now that we cleaned house. I really like the Bowles hire on paper, time will tell how it plays out. I think (from what I've been reading) it sounds like the gm and coach will really blend nicely together.

It's interesting to hear that CJ Spiller and Cromartie are interested in signing with the Jets as potential free agents. Hopefully, this is a sign the jets finally have their act together and players are taking notice.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

So what you're saying is that Woody should directly interfere with the head coach's plans? I thought Woody was too controlling of an owner for many on this board. Let the head coach pick his staff...yeesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Of the 4 OCs you mentioned, only two had ever been a coordinator previous to being employed by the Jets. Both had really suspect resumes, and nothing like Gailey, though they were younger. I'm not sure about Gailey, but your post doesn't really do much to sway me.

7. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Don't forget Mark Sanchez wiping boogers on both their jackets

8. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Or ripping a hot dog in half and offering it to both of them.

_

9. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

We haven't even hit any of the major points of the off-season yet...... hell we haven't even truly hit the off-season yet, the playoffs are still going! How in the world could anyone conclude Bowles, Mac, and Gailey as being a dream team? The premature assessments with the new staffing is as bad as it gets when the draft comes along, let the guys actually do their jobs before saying they suck or don't suck.

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

IMO the off season begins the minute a team's season ends. Are you suggesting that the Jets shouldn't have made any moves until the SB is over? I hope not.

I agree that the term "dream team" is premature and probably unrealistic. I think that people are just excited. After all, Woody hired two former GMs to advise him rather than a business consulting firm. He hired a GM that they vetted and approved, and whose background is personnel and scouting, not cap management. This GM is cleaning house (especially Bradway), something that many, if not most, of us have thought should have happened for a long time.

Bowles was seen as one of the top HC candidates. The Jets won't have to change their basic D alignment and make major personnel changes. The players love him, yet he is more disciplined than Rex and holds players accountable, something that many of us despised about Rex.

While we have some concerns and questions about Gailey, he is an experienced OC and former HC who can help advise Bowles, he has playoff and SB experience, favors the passing attack over the rushing attack/ground and pound (which most of us wanted), is known as being flexible, adapts his system to fit his players, is good at developing QBs and getting the most out of his players. Again, this is something that most of us have wanted.

There's a lot to be excited and optimistic about. If we can't be optimistic now, when can we be? I can't speak for others, but I've been very pleasantly surprised. I expected to be giving up om Woody and the Jets at this point. I never thought he'd do the right thing (hiring a quality GM candidate, then get out of the way and let him do his job, and cleaning house). It may not work out, but at least there's reason to have hope now. IMO that's huge.

onefanjet, AJW, James Hasty and 2 others like this.
  11. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Can't be any worse. I think we're at rock bottom now.

Can't get worse can only stay the same.

No one knows about the new regime yet I'm hoping for the best.

I hope they're aggressive in building the team they want 'cause they don't have forever to do it.

12. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Yes!!!! Can't stand him!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

You sure about that? We could end up signing John Idzik for depth at the cornerback position.

14. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

This stance makes zero sense.

If he wins a Superbowl with another team, that means he was a good enough coach to get it done. It means this team is the problem, not the CS.

It sucks to watch all the success Pete Carroll has had.

Hindsight I guess. Sigh

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Pete Carroll did not have a lot of success in New England,,,,

16. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

He was only there 3 years and made the playoffs two out of the three. He was living under Parcells shadow the whole way. If he was given more to work with and more time he would've most likely found a lot of success with that team.