Derrick Strait released

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by plinko, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He didn't fit in Herm's cover-2 so I kind of doubt he's a good fit for the system. Herm had the most vanilla non-blitzing cover-2 in history and the whole scheme was designed to cover for weak defensive backs. Not surorising given the fact that Herm was an exceptionally unskilled DB himself.

2. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Ummm...okay...I was making an observation. Who ever said they were going to the pro-bowl?

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He didn't fit in Herm's cover-2 so I kind of doubt he's a good fit for the system. Herm had the most vanilla non-blitzing cover-2 in history and the whole scheme was designed to cover for weak defensive backs. Not surorising given the fact that Herm was an exceptionally unskilled DB himself.

4. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Monte Kiffin could get him to be solid...I'd be more excited about Alan Zematis for the Bucs, but Strait does provide experience and hope he does well, I liked the guy.

5. mulpwr

mulpwr New Member

Thats what Hank Slopeat is. Actually,Slopeat is 5 foot 10,shorter than Strait,slower and can't jump worth a hoot. An obvious downgrade and you'll see that if he gets on the field. I expect him to be cut pretty quickly.

6. talbain

talbain New Member

it's kind of funny that lee suggs was released yesterday too...