Chan Gailey New Offensive Coordinator

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 13, 2015.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Do we bring in Ryan Fitzpatrick?Nothing says playoff football like Ryan Fitzpatrick

legler82 and Poeman like this.
  2. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

not sure thats true… especially not from a bunch of dudes that I'm sure are at LEAST well into their 50's if not older that are set enough financially that something like a blank check deal to go coach a much ballyhooed struggling football team means very little next to their desire or lack thereof in this case to coach again.

guys like cowher seem fine to leave their legacies as is and ride off into the sunset. getting back into the game after so long is harder than it seems, and really theres a point where you have to wonder if they're even equipped for the job after so long

gailey might be right on that threshold btw… oh and he's won a SB so i guess he should be alright in your book?

MoWilkNYJ likes this.
  3. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Well, you've certainly won the day with your brilliant and well-reasoned argument.

Clark Gaines likes this.
  4. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Quinn is one of the most boom or bust HC candidates I think I've ever seen, Seattle has some of the best defensive players you will ever see and I'm not exaggerating, Mr. Potato head with a Bose headset can coach up a top 8 D with that personnel, he seems like a good leader though which is HC material.

NJBeliever likes this.
  5. Unhappyjetsfan

I'd feel a lot better about him if his career hadn't nosedived since then. Or if he had done it as a HC.

6. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

When you're argument is we should throw millions and millions at coaches that aren't available, you don't deserve a counter argument

EDIT: To be our offensive coordinator no less....

#86 MoWilkNYJ, Jan 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  7. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Harbaugh wasn't even available

8. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

Lol

The circus continues

This guy is so good that he sat on the couch for the last 3 yrs?

Why not Kyle shannahan or someone with a proven track record for once?

Ugh

9. nyjetsknicks247

It's not like we have a playoff caliber roster going into next season

10. LongIslandBlitz

How do you know what the roster is gonna look like its only January

11. nyjetsknicks247

No qb is all I need to no

12. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I'm willing to wait and see with Gailey, but I'm disappointed from the standpoint of starting fresh and building it from the ground up. I was hoping for a new face, someone who was eager to make their mark, willing to experiment, and push the envelope if you will. Someone who could grow with the organization. Someone who would potentially be the next hot HC candidate in 2-3 years because he was young and was seen as an innovator.

I don't really have a problem with the hire because I don't know enough about the details of Gailey's offense and how it applies to the Jets, nor do I know his mind state and/or what he's been doing since 2012, but he's pretty much the polar opposite of the type of hire I was hoping for.

13. LongIslandBlitz

You really think the new GM and coach are gonna just sit back and let Geno kill there carrerrs?I expect to see some veterans brought in,a trade ,or something in the draft

freemantoon likes this.
  14. Unhappyjetsfan

Those weren't a list of people who should be our OC; it was a list of people who are more qualified to be our GM and HC than our current selections (which was what I was asked to provide).

15. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

So judging by the title of this thread, I am assuming that Chan Gailey has been announced as the new OC?

16. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

All I know is the hiring of Chan Gailey just absolutely shits on the luster of bringing in Bowles. Period. For those of you who are O.K. with this...you all must be new football fans I'm thinking.

For those of us who have been watching a few decades...well, yeah...if you like offenses from the 80's and early 90's then you are going to love Gailey. Unfortunately, I simply do not see us winning with that kind of offense in 2015. Call it a hunch. Only the NY Jets could jack up a positive day by tossing a pile of shit on the same sunshine blanket.

Diabolical_Jet_Fan likes this.
  17. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Hey Mevvazo! I had asked a question from you in another thread about this but maybe this is a better thread. What about Gaileys offense reminds you of the 90s?

18. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

I see Gailey as more than just an OC for Bowles. There's talk about players bringing a "veteran presence", Gailey brings that to the coaching staff.

Our offence has been ignored for a long time, someone with his credentials may be just what we need to turn it around...or at least focus some attention to it.

We don't have a QB, let's see what he can do with Geno and who ever else we bring in. If Chan doesn't perform this year, we reset with a new DPQB and OC next year.

I don't have high expectations for this year, show improvement, coach well, play well. I'm good with 7-9, 8-8 would be great. 1 play-off game would be bonus.

19. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I hooked you up in the other thread...bottom line, the NY Jets do not have the talent nor the horses to successfully run Gailey's offense. Right down to the damn offensive line. Even our line is more built for a power running game etc...Just ugly....and oh god... Geno...Geno...Geno... He gets top votes for the "least likely to read a defense." :( An absolute MUST in Gailey's offense.

You know...I can be wrong. Don't think I am...I'd have rather seen a Bowles/Trestman combination. Crap...

20. 74

74 Well-Known Member

What the fuck has Kyle Shanahan done so innovatively that people keep bitching and whining about him? Whether you like Gailey or not, his resume shits on Kyle Shanahan's.

Rictor33 likes this.