Was Idzik Planning on Hiring Quinn?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 13, 2015.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I wonder where the fireidzik .com billboard losers will do with themselves now that there fame whore quest is over.They should be put in a glass tank and have thousands of people one by one fart thru a hole

2. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Buffalo is looking for people. :)

3. MsuJets

MsuJets Active Member

Idzik would hire whoever comes cheapest. Maybe even himself.

4. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Just so long as it's not in our organization a la Bradway.

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Are the Jets better off with Idzik or without Idzik?

6. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

He's being paid handsomely by the Jets to do absolutely nothing this year.

7. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The thing about Idzik and I've been a supporter of his. The condemnation is wide spread. Not just Mehta and Cimini. Including NFL guys and front office types. I haven't heard any support for him other than his old boss, Schneider the Seahawks GM. Why the hatred, I don't know. It could be Rex's supporters at Florham Park decided to go into attack mode against him. And Rex had a lot more friends in the NFL than Idzik. Of course that presser sealed the deal. Embarrassing to say the least. And really mobilized the press against him. As for his lack of people skills. That's not what people said about him when he was hired. He had worked for 3 other organizations for long periods of time and apparently had been well thought of as an NFL front office guy plus as a person. I remember even Tannenbaum had nice things to say about him after his hire. And they're still (last night) cutting the guy and saying he had no personnel experience and was a "bean counter." If you look at his resume and we all have, not true. He was a college player and worked for years in personnel and the business end. And his father was a long time coach including with the Jets.

8. freemantoon

freemantoon Active Member

rumor bouncin around is tanny may fire philbin and hire quinn as hc in miami.

9. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

Yes, that was the rumor. But I don't know if Quinn would have automatically wanted to come here because of Idzik. There were rumors that Quinn's first choice was the Jets HC job, but I don't think he told that to the Jets or we wouldn't have made this move today.

Regardless, I think we got a very promising new HC and I'm excited for the draft and the new season.