QBs: Garrett Grayson vs. Bryce Petty

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Poeman, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Who is the better of these two guys if we decide to wait till we draft a day 2 or 3 QB.

Both guys are I believe pro style QBs unless I am mistaken...Both are tall QBs.

2. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Grayson has the potential to be a starting Qb in this league, but he hasn't faced the competition to prove anything. 4,000 yards passing this year, 65% completion percentage, 32/7 td to interception ratio. Doesn't come from a real football conference but that hasn't stopped some starting Qbs in this league. Not sure if he's worth anything more than a 3rd rounder at this point, though.

3. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Garret Grayson has all the tools to be a successful Quarterback in the league. He's intelligent, experienced, consistently goes through progressions/is a good decision maker, throws with touch, and has excellent foot work, and decent mechanics for the most part. The only knock on my, in my opinion, is his arm strength and mobility, but I'd take Grayson over Petty any day of the week.

4. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Grayson has the higher ceiling but the lower floor... Both are decent but not great...

5. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

IMO if we don't draft a qb early, we need to jump on Grayson or Petty in the third and if it doesn't look bright going into next draft, we go high for the safest bet at a franchise qb.

6. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Bryce Petty is showing something in the Cotton Bowl so far. He should be the Jets guy. Strong arm, quick release, moves around the pocket well. He will be a late first round/early second round selection.

Richiebsweet and jilozzo like this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Petty is balllin right noww

Richiebsweet, Poeman and jilozzo like this.
  8. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

My impressions about Petty are that he may have a legitimate shot about being a decent NFL QB because of his very good intangibles;
    good size , arm strength, very good/quick release and a pocket passer style, very good accuracy. He's making a good showing in the Cotton Bowl. If he can somehow make it to the 3rd round , I would take the gamble.

9. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Petty looks good...... If we don't get Winston or Mariota Petty should get a look

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Petty is fucking gunslinger out there...I love his command and demeanor. Dude can be a great baller. He looks better then Cook to me

11. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

He is easily better right now but questions about the system he comes from will be the cloud hovering him throughout the draft process. Really liked what I saw though, very good throws.

12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Id take him in Round 3...Need to see Grayson in Senior Bowl now and obvioulsy how both do in combine.

Wouldnt surprise me if a team took one of these two in late Round 1 or early 2

13. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

Grayson is no where near as good as Bryce Petty. Grayson didn't play near as good competition as Petty and looked okay at best against Utah with their intimidating Defense.

14. BZanZ

BZanZ Active Member

IMO Petty's performance mad me feel a lot more at ease with the fact that we may not land mariota or winston in rd1... getting him in round 3 or even 2 would be outstanding... hes looks like he can be a high end starter to a low end star type QB... which surrounded by a great defense can compete for a superbowl (see: wilson/flacco etc)

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

More and more I hope we get to draft Bryce Petty in Round 2

16. shelbyblue

shelbyblue Member

balls in for Petty

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about Grayson and I am not claiming I know much about Petty, so I could be wrong.. but isn't Petty similar to Geno Smith as a prospect? Shotgun only college career, tendency to lock onto his first read?? If I'm wrong in those criticisms - please enlighten me.. again, I acknowledge I don't know much about him so I could be very wrong.

18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

You are not wrong in that assessment...He has been part of a shotgun system, that does scare me because we have failed in that regard with Geno. Grayson is more traditional QB

19. cambam71

cambam71 Member

Give me Petty in Round 3 (if available) and we don't go to a Cardale Jones flier. No on Mariota, OK on Winston if he makes it to 6. Do NOT trade up.

20. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Garrett Grayson reminds me of Kellen Clemens with a weaker arm.

Somebody in anothwr thread described him "big" or "tall".

He's 6-2 220.

I've seen him play 3-4 games. No thanks. Not even in the 5th.

Petty looked like a gunslinger in that bowl game--looked light years better than the other games I've seen him play this year.

_