Thank you Rex

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by no psls, Dec 29, 2014.

1. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Atlanta needs a rebuild on their defense but all that Rex has shown me is that if he doesn't have all Pro Bowl players his D is below average.

2. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Yeah...his cult of personality and ENORMOUS shortcomings as a coach has resulted in defenses ranked below #10 once in his 10 year overall coaching career...and #11 sucks too. Tell you what...Ditka was a head coach for 14 years...let's give Ryan another 8 years and see where he falls. Also, lets make sure that Ryan has assembled one of the greatest defenses ever to walk the planet as well... ;)

The parallels and barometers being set are bit unrealistic...ESPECIALLY from Jets fans who've have NOTHING to cheer about, except for Parcells, since the inception of the damn team.

3. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Say what you will about how things ended but Rex coming in here after Mangini was a breath of fresh air and his 6 years here IMHO permanently changed the franchise moving forward ( I think for the better ). He also had a positive effect on Woody and I think this will be realized in his coaching / staff selection moving forward.

Maybe it was his heritage ( Buddy ) or this being his first coaching gig, ( one that if you believe in hyperbole was his dream job in coaching the NY JETS ) or his charismatic straight forward 'from the gut' mentality, But he really brought both the players and fans into the team. You felt as if we had a shot every week and in most weeks we stayed in games we shouldn't have. It felt like it started to mean something again to wear that green and white and "Play like a JET". Players bought in and played hard ( although poorly in some/most situations ) straight through to the end. It was a fun 6 years brought down through poor to less than average QB/CB play....

Like someone earlier in the thread stated... I really hope he goes someplace in the NFC so I can still root for him on Sundays.

#123 Ajitator, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
    boozer32 likes this.
  4. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

He can have his bullshit D stats. They don't mean jack shit if your team don't win. The only one who cares is him. He talked about it all the time esp after a loss.

Jets69 and Pocket Jet like this.
  5. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Yeah...you are right...

6. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Ah yes Rex's "great D stats" again. YAWN....that and 2.50 gets you a subway ride. Rex's "seventh ranked defense" this year gave up 28 points a game. How many games would you expect to win giving up 28 a game? I don't play fantasy football. I follow the games that take place on the field. Here's the reality- since 2010 26-38

Jets69, Pocket Jet and pclfan like this.
  7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I will miss Rex. He loved being coach of the Jets something Bellicheck, Groh, Edwards and Parcells didn't. The players loved playing for him and they played hard. No Jets coach in history has gotten us to the AFC championship twice and his downfall was lack of talent. It really started to unraveled in the strike season when we signed Derrick Mason, cut Cotchery and Braylon Edwards started getting injured. Thank you Rex for the memories. I will be a fan of yours wherever you land.

no psls likes this.
  8. boozer32

Yeah certainly didn't help with that sandbagging GM intentionally drafting bums and dumpster diving in free agency.

9. boozer32

Obviously you are not a real Jets fans as how many Jets coaches sucked. Kottite had two miserable seasons where the team was unprepared every game. Groh stunk, Herm "You Play To Win The Game" Edwards thought his stuff didn't stink. Mr. Never Even a Defensive Coordinator yet would only interview for head coaching positions. he thought he was anointed. He should have been carrying the gatorade bucket. Mangini was a huge disappointment too. So please go back into Jets history and find the last coach that got to back to back AFC championships, one with a rookie QB. This team is cursed and you will not find a coach as good as Rex for awhile. That is just the DNA of this franchise. They do not get lucky like New England having Bellicheck begging to get away from here. Or luck have it that Mo Lewis would knock the snot out of Bledsoe and some super below average QB from Michigan would magically become a star.

MizzouJet likes this.
  10. boozer32

Well said. Nice post. I think I would root for Rex no matter where he goes.

11. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

What the fuck does any of that bullshit have to do with Rex being a bad coach and me being a real Jet fan?

12. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

Hey everything sucked this year - owner, GM, coaching staff, offense, defense.
    That about covers it.

13. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Lmao at him intentionally drafting bums I doubt that was the case he just was a bad talent evaluator

boozer32 likes this.
  14. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

The Steelers had and still have a QB. Say it a few more times. The Steelers have a QB. The [insert team name in playoffs] have a QB. Let it sink in and then say, "The Jets have not and do NOT have a QB"

The Last time the Jets had a viable QB was game 11 of the 2008 season.

Red Menace likes this.
  15. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Precisely.

16. boozer32

Yeah obliviously that is all you got out of that post. Bad coach? Have the Jets ever had a defense as good as Rex's? The point being the Jets have always had bad coaches. Did you get that? So tell me who is better than Rex? I bet you at some point in the next 5 years you will beg for someone even close to Rex coaching the Jets....beg. It goes much deeper than just coaches. The front office has been awful for a long time. never really having a GM. For years they had Mike Hickey and then Jim Kensil who was like Idzik a paper pusher. The only real GM they had was Dick Steinberg who died of cancer. The owner needs to be a guy who is passionate and knowledgeable like Jerry Jones, Al Davis. Instead we have had people who treated the organization like a hobby

17. boozer32

Yeah downright awful.

18. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

As much as we stunk and Rex slash Idzik had to go...after watching the games this wknd I can't help but look back...again...and be thankful for 09/10 yes 4 straight losing seasons and a debacle of a draft meant time for change but to think we could be the Lions...Bengals heck even the Bears stuck with overpriced overhyped quarterbacks...we might not have a futre QB but at least we're not stuck with dumb contracts hehe

19. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Those damn teams can't win a playoff game to save their lives glad we had that run and we're close to being relevant again

#139 Jetsfansince95, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I love Rex, I appreciate everything he did. He is the best thing to happen to this franchise in my lifetime. I wish him well wherever he goes(as long as it isn't Buffalo).

ajax, BacktoQueens and Murrell2878 like this.