Just In Case Woody Reads The Gang Green...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Jan 2, 2015.

1. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Exactly. The only thing that matters is picking the right guys.

2. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Maybe the coaches are gonna go fast...

3. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I did not know that...but still...this is a recent phenomenon...yes? I learn something new every day.

4. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Something like this should be common sense...a monkey would be a better owner than Woody it's really quite sad

TNJet and mezzavo like this.
  5. mezzavo

I say we revolt until we have that Monkey in the Ben Stiller "museum" movies in place. At least it would be more entertaining. :D

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Woody - if you're reading this - go get Gamble & Kelly. Now.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

We will know soon enough. Apparently Marrone is set for an interview early Sunday or Monday at the latest.

8. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

WHY? What do you know that you aren't sharing with us?

9. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Because I don't think he is going to be a good coach

10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

You can't rush both searches I don't understand why people don't get this.When they are interviewing GM candidates they openly ask them who out of all the candidates would they be happy with incase they are forced to make a move and sign a head coach before someone else does.

11. LongIslandBlitz

Pete Carol is there general manager from a player standpoint,Schneider serves in a adviosry role and does the cap bs according to everything I've read

12. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Personally, if the Jets have the chance to hire Chip Kelly, then I'd make that happen and worry about finding a GM that will work with him. If that is Tom Gamble so be it. You only need to hire the GM first if you don't feel confident that your new coach can handle personnel decision making. That might be the case with Todd Bowles, but not Chip Kelly.

13. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

The thing is how can they truly know who they would be happy with without interviewing them.

I sit on a committee that interviews all potential teachers at my school. I can tell you that there are many who look real good on paper, but when you sit down and interview them I wouldn't recommend hiring them even if you put a gun to my head. And for the most part the teachers who I was in favor of all do a bang up job, and the two that I and the committee as a whole were against, but my principal hired anyway -- suck ass.

That it is why it is ridiculous for us as fans speaking in absolutes about these candidates, we don't have a fucking clue. Marrone could be a charismatic, articulate and persuasive with a long range clear defined plan that you want to hire at the drop of hat --- or it could be quite the opposite.

The interview is everything.

14. LongIslandBlitz

That's great but a lot of these general manager candidates have worked with ,are freinds,or have some kind of ties,to the head coaching candidates that are out there its not like they don't know them or they never met before.So as an example if Chip Kelly became a free agent your suppose to just wait two weeks until you hire a gm to bring him in?There's no time to wait 5 other teams are in the mix for these guys,if you think you have your guy you need to lock him up GM or no GM

#34 LongIslandBlitz, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  15. bigbucks24

bigbucks24 Active Member

Isn't Kelly under contract? How can Woody hire him? He can't even talk to him.

16. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I am not saying what to do. I just stated a flaw in your statement, that could be quite limiting.
    They could interview Kelly and love him, hire him and then the GM they hire and him not see eye to eye.
    I don't think Kelly is a slam dunk -- I think the jury is still out on him, his team did collapse this year right after Thanksgiving.
    Look at the Falcons -- Blank loved Rex in the first interview, hired a GM, who smartly was no impressed with Rex in the second.

While they do know and are friends with some. Do you want to limit options to their friends?
    A meeting is quite different and sitting with them for hours in an interview.
    I am sure they do not know personally the majority of the candidates.

17. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I don't think it matters much who is hired 1st and it appears Woody, Casserley and Wolf are trying to hire a GM/coach combo that can work together such as Kirchner and either Quinn or Cable or Marrone and either Mccagnon or Mueller. In either of these cases it does not matter much who is hired first as they are being hired as a team. Regardless all of the Gm interviews will be done by Sunday and all of the coach interviews will be done once Marrone is interviewed on Sunday or Monday with the exception of the two coaches playing this weekend in Bowles and Kubiak. If they lose they will likely get interviewd quickly next week. if they win they may be out of the coach hunt as I doubt Woody wants this dragging out past next week and become similar to the GM search of 2013 where it looks like the Jets have no clue what they are doing. My guess is we will have a coach and GM by Wed or Thursday of next week.

Of all the GM candidates the only ones that do not have a coach set up with that GM are Kuharich and Graves and it does not sound like Graves is a realistic candidate. Except for Kuharich it should not matter who is hired first. But regardless all of the GM candidates will be interviewed by Sunday. The real wild card here is if something happens to Chip Kelly.

#37 Noam, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Woody does read this forum, I know it for a fact because he replied to me once.

19. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

how could you be sure it was him?

mezzavo likes this.
  20. mezzavo

He probably smelled the mediocrity as it permeated through the computer screen. :p