NFL.com says Jets are worst coachin vacancy available

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 74, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Gunther

Gunther Member

The jets got rid of Pete Carroll when they should not have. Media pundits were trying to justify the firing just like they do today. All I know is that Pete Carroll has had more success than this fucking organization. Spending too much time bitching about what is wrong, but no insight into what is right. Firing every time when things go wrong is mental weakness and lack of direction.

mezzavo likes this.
  2. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Ahh gotcha, the eyeball test, a much more reliable indicator than metrics.

4jetfans likes this.
  3. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

In some cases yes. There are a ton of factors outside of his control that would lead to those metrics. He was on a bad team that was poorly coached. This would surely effect these metrics, don't you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. TurkJetFan

What I see is a team that stunk against the pass in fact dead last. That right there says not top 10. Yes we had good rush against numbers but that's bloated by the fact that a grandmother could have passed on us so teams didn't have to run much. Our run d is good sure but this is a passing league. 32 in the league would be dead last as in worst.

5. TurkJetFan

Guys I know we're jets fans but we don't need to blindly defend things amongst ourselves.

6. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

THATS because Idzik BLEW THAT BIG time why cant you understand that this can be fixed fast. With 40 Mil to spend that stat
    can be nullified next year through FA.

7. TurkJetFan

I know what Idzik blew. But can it be fixed fast? Who are the FA CBs available? What kind of personel will our new coach want? Will those guys be available? Will they fit his scheme? It's not that simple as we have cap room so problem solved. Yes it will improve I'm sure it's impossible for it not to, but fixed is another story.

What about spending money on current players? What are we going to do at QB? What if we trade for one or spend money there? What about offensive line?

8. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

This is a few from the Bleacher Report.
    It has become arguably the hardest position to play in an NFL where the rules favor the offense. But this group more than held its own this season.

Antonio Cromartie, Arizona Cardinals

Do you think the Jets could have used the veteran corner this season? Released by New York this offseason, he played well for the playoff-bound Cardinals, picking off three passes. The Jets totaled six interceptions as a team in 2014.

Projected 2015 Salary: 3 years, $21 million

Tramon Williams, Green Bay Packers

The Packers went from 11 interceptions in 2013 to 18 picks this season. Williams finished the season fourth on the team with 71 tackles, totaled three interceptions and led the Packers with 13 passes defensed.

Projected 2015 Salary: 5 years, $35 million

Darrelle Revis, New England Patriots

He was arguably the league’s best cornerback in 2014 and certainly looked like his former Pro Bowl self this season. Revis recorded 47 stops, had a pair of interceptions and totaled twice as many passes defensed (14) than any other player on the team. Will the Patriots or another team sign him to a long-term deal?

Projected 2015 Salary: 5 years, $52 million

Brandon Flowers, San Diego Chargers

Cast off by the division rival Kansas City Chiefs this offseason, Flowers was a terrific addition to the San Diego secondary. Flowers amassed 52 tackles (48 solo), had three of the team’s seven interceptions and tied for the club lead with 10 passes defensed.

Projected 2015 Salary: 2 years, $23.5 million

Byron Maxwell, Seattle Seahawks

Maxwell took over late for suspended Brandon Browner late in 2013 and played well and was solid this season. The young defender hammered the opposition with 39 tackles, totaled three takeaways and led the Seahawks with 12 passes defensed.

Projected 2015 Salary: 4 years, $27 million

9. TurkJetFan

Tramon, Revis and Cromartie will never hit the market.

Changing gears a bit though and even though I think we've got some decent talent at WR, Josh Gordon isn't going back to Cleveland next year. What do you think about adding him to the group?

10. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

Now that I think about it we FIRED the one guy who was super excited to coach here given his ties to the team due to his father. No matter who we hire, no doubt we are option C or D...oh to be a jets fan :)

Law of averages says we should be competent again one day....right?

11. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

AND, we don't even have our own stadium.

4jetfans likes this.
  12. no psls

no psls Banned

13. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Agreed...at some point Revis is going to figure it out that he has a better shot at a ring with the Patriots and he's got enough money.

How about what was Geno's PFF ranking last year? Compare rookie season to rookie season...

I don't give a rats ass about metrics in some cases. Carr DOES pass the eyeball test. ALMOST EVERYONE the last two years have had one opinion or another on the fact that Geno doesn't "look" like he should be starting. Now his record proves it. But was our "eyeball" test wrong?

14. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

This should be the best job. I debunk the idea there is no talent here. Woody doesn't fire coaches in a heart beat. He gave Herm about five years (and he resigned), Mangini only 3 but Rex six. Al Groh quit before he was fired after one season. The new coach will get a chance. Plus he has a pretty good defense with some Pro Bowl players who are young. On offense there is talent-the quarterback could after two seasons be ready but that is the question mark.

15. TurkJetFan

this is simply not objective, although I appreciate the optimism.

16. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I will never forget the day we fired Carroll -- I was so pissed.
    I was driving home to LI from Jersey from my Uncle's funeral.
    Hearing that old fart Leon Hess announce they had already hired Rich Kotite -- who's Eagle team had just lost their last 6 or 7 straight games?

I still get pissed thinking about it.

Gunther likes this.