NFL.com says Jets are worst coachin vacancy available

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 74, Dec 29, 2014.

1. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Yeah, because all New York sports teams are doomed by the circus. Just look at the Yankees. Just look at the other New York football team. They never win anything either . . . oh, wait . . .

stupid argument is stupid.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

The media also said the Browns couldn't get anybody to coach them, and they had to resort to their 7th, 8th option or whatever.
    Well I'd say Pettine is working out pretty good for them.

Bottom line here is Fuck this article.

3. Gunther

Gunther Member

I knew someone would use their eyes instead of their head. The giants make decisions differently than the jets. The Yankees had an owner who had balls. The Knicks are a joke of a franchise and so are the jets.

4. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

49ers job will be the biggest challenge. Listening to yesterdays press conference, they expect very few player changes and a superbowl next year.

They better pick a QB guru...

5. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Wordt job is 49ers. Not even close. They just fired a coach who hasn't had a losing season and had just as many wins in 4 seasons as they did in the 8 years prior. They play in some hippie stadium and have an owner with a napoleon complex.

Axel3419, LIJetsFan and Ben Had like this.
  6. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Dumb article is dumb.

Oakland and Atlanta are not ideal spots? Why? Because both Reggie McKenzie and Thomas Dimitroff are on the hot seat and a new GM coming in won't owe the coaching staff anything or both Davis/Blank if they love the HC will be in the same spot the Jets were 2 years ago and not get the best pickings among GMs.

Chicago and NY Jets have clean slates thus there is more time and ability to build your own team.

rockyusmc2003 likes this.
  7. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

TGG.com says "Around The NFL Editor" is one of the worst sports journalist titles available.

Seriously, Rosenthal's a fantasy football guy so let's take his analysis with a grain of salt. There isn't even much rationale for why the Jets are 5th. It's a just a click driven piece.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

San Francisco is the worst job. Over rated QB and you have to follow an extremely successful and popular coach who went to 3 championship games in 4 years, while playing in the best division in football. Talk about a team that's fools gold.

PulseJet and NoodleArm like this.
  9. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Totally agree with your post. Like the contextual humor even more.

74 likes this.
  10. shelbyblue

shelbyblue Member

Umm!! don't we have a ton of money and a fresh new vacant front office with two of the best consultants in charge of rebuilding it.. Any coach worth his salt would come here to build his resume. This is New York if you can make it here you can make it anywhere.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  11. slimjasi

Maybe so. But, what does this have to do with New York?

12. slimjasi

New York has two of the most storied franchises in Sports history. (Including, arguably, the single most successful and influential one) As a result, the argument that the NY Sports 'circus' is somehow insurmountable is a rather silly one.

13. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

Why are you acting like Carr was phenomenal? He had no one to throw to, but a 58 CMP% and a 5.46 YPA is terrible.

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I think it is too. Jed York is crazy, he recently said the new coach has to win it all in his first year otherwise changes may need to happen.

15. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

I think you need to look at a few things:
    -Cap space and draft pick: jets are best option here
    -Personnel: jets, falcons, bears, raiders all have their holes. 9ers are most talented roster but they are aging. Thing here is the jets have the worst qb so they are probably bottom here because of how difficult it is to find the qb. I know some of you will say cutler is horrible but look at the numbers he's light years better than geno.
    - Expectations: 9ers are bottom here as they expect to win now and harbaugh's shoes are big shoes to fill. Jets don't have high expectations but the fact that fans had billboards calling for the firing of the gm and that woody pulled the trigger on it after two years can't make any candidate feel like patience will be at their disposal here.
    - Ownership and control: there have been lots of reports of Woody meddling which isn't a good thing but I do feel from his presser he may be learning from past mistakes. This time he said gm will not be strapped to a coach and will make the call on scouting department jobs. Still jets are questionable here as Woody has done 180's in the past.

Overall I would probably say jets job is lest attractive but that doesn't mean it's a bad spot. Someone who has some guts and isn't afraid to fail will see it as a good opportunity to have a lot of control in shaping the roster and implementing their plan.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It's easy to see - of course they are the worst job available.

The Jets are the worst job available because they have the biggest mess at the QB position. Coaches are tied to QBs.

17. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I think the Jets have a good amount of talent on the team right now. I just think the holes they had early on, were massive holes. Secondary couldnt play within Rex's system, and it showed.

They have an all star DLine, decent linebackers, good running game, good receivers, and the offensive line has been pretty decent since Abushi replaced Winters.

I think OL will be addressed early in the draft and CB will be addressed in FA. Hopefully Dozier can prove to be a decent guard, but I'm not going to rely on it. I like the idea of Milliner and McDougle being able to come in and play this year, but due to injuries, I cant rely on that either. Health permitting, I think a coaching change will really benefit Milliner, as it would allow him to play to his own strengths rather than Rex's.

I would trade back in the first and take the best available OL/WR and pick up some additional picks and go after Gerod Holliman. He's a little soft, but he knows how to roam centerfield and produce turnovers. That would also allow Pryor to play his more natural position and hopefully force fumbles.

The biggest question is of course the quarterback. Geno is more than likely not the franchise QB he was drafted to be. There is a good chance we wont be going QB in the first round, so whoever we draft will be benched for a bit. That means that Geno will once again be competing with a veteran to start. This year has to be a legitimate competition. If Geno wins, then he starts. If Geno loses, then he's benched. No stacking the competition deck in Geno's favor this year.

We're going to go into next year with an average to below average QB, so the team needs to be loaded with solid players to help him out.

PulseJet likes this.
  18. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

To me this is the pecking order:

SF > CHI > ATL > NYJ > OAK

Lets not forget the cap space....despite a bad QB situation...Jets do have some money to improve...if they get a GM who actually spends it....

19. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

NY Media is pretty simple. If you suck they pile on, if you're great they kiss your ass endlessly. With the exception of Francesa, the NY media was pretty much kissing the Jets asses those first two years of the Rex era. There was talk about how the Jets were getting all of the press even though the Giants had only won the Super Bowl a year or two earlier (and ended up winning again a couple years later).

How to survive the NY media and fans? Don't suck.

Clark Gaines likes this.
  20. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

It's all about the QB. To a coaching candidate, a team with an established QB is far preferable to one with a young, unproven QB. Issues of ownership, the GM, cap space, media and fan pressure, and talent at other positions are secondary.