Head Coach Candidates (Coaches Jets have requested Permission to interview)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Dec 29, 2014.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I couldn't disagree more. By a wide margin, I think previous HC experience is much more important than NFL experience. Knowing how to balance all three facets of the game, having routines set for practice, preparing game plans, supervising a CS, making sure your team is prepared and holding them accountable are all more important than NFL experience.

GoldenShowers likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

With an older, veteran team perhaps, but with a younger team like the Jets it shouldn't be a problem. Even with an older, veteran team, if the coach is prepared, professional, treats the players with respect, and isn't ridiculous with the things he asks, he shouldn't have problems.

GoldenShowers likes this.
  3. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

What are you reading right now

4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Sources in Jets organization are saying Woody is looking to hire a GM before making a coaching move.

TNJet likes this.
  5. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Ok. I think they are interviewing Quinn now while they can. Probably won't make decisions until they have several more interviews done.

6. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

we need a leader with a competitive scheme, a motivator who can captivate the core we have while providing some fresh ideas on how to make them work.

the rest (offensive coach, defensive, new HC, old HC) is just a means to an end.

Quinn would do just fine, you see the kind of attitude and defensive fortitude he's overseen, just because he's not a proven QB guru doesn't mean he wouldn't have value to us.

7. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

This sounds awfully similar to "well idzik helped build the superbowl winners".

Kirchner is at most third in command there, and Dan Quinn has been a coordinator for exactly 2 seasons. It's no different from Idzik/Rex, but maybe worse.

8. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

probably… most of the good coaching candidates are playoff bound, so the process may take some time.

that Gase(another HC candidate thats able to be interviewed) isn't on the docket is telling...

9. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

Attitude and defensive fortitude? Rex had both in spades. The Jets need a mature, experience head man who can actually build and run an entire team.

10. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

There's already a Mangolden Showers... Poser. :)

11. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Quinn's agent is Tanny. Don't think that bodes well.

TNJet likes this.
  12. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

For what it's worth Damien Woody is on Twitter praising Quinn during his time with the Jets. Said he's as smart as they come and will make a very good coach.

13. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Your right and so did Pete Carrol but that doesn't mean a guy like Saban will on his next go round. I'm not saying he wouldn't but it definitely wouldn't be a sure thing.

14. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

You get a clue and watch more games instead of team rankings. If you actually watched JAX play you would see that their defense play way better than their personnel and rankings would suggest.

The funny thing Douche is that I do agree with your overall point that the Quinn inherited a loaded roster and gets way too much credit for how good the SEA D is. I just disagree that Bradley hasn't done sh*t with the JAX D.

15. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

16. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

Josh McDaniels anyone

17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I think if the guy is known for his defense it's very important to ask how he will approach the offense, what he thinks of Geno and other potential FA QBs and what he's looking to get out of the offense. If he's looking for the defense to lead the way and the offense to just avoid mistakes, we might as well kept rex.

just because they know defense doesn't mean they don't know the other side of the ball. The key is how they view the other side of the ball. Rex had fun running and running but had a tough time establishing a passing identity for example.

But yeah if we hire someone who just looks at the offense as something to help the defense, should have kept rex

18. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. Rex was sometimes too soft and nice of a head coach. Too many 12 man on the field penalties, penalties in general, etc.

If Quinn could be like Rex, but more disciplined, that wouldn't be a bad thing.

19. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Just throwing this out there....what's Bill Cowher doing? He bought a condo in NY....Just sayin.

20. Clark Gaines

Clark Gaines Banned

I guess if you need an overrated 'name' sure...Cowher benefitted from a very accepting fanbase for a lot of years before he won the SB.

But i'd probably be fine with it ;-)