We are now picking 6th

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreenBlues, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

2. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

hope Coop is available... but shit.. even with the 6th we people act like we can't trade up for almost anybody if we REALLY want them.. i'd move up to 4 for cooper

3. GangGreenTay

GangGreenTay Active Member

You guys need to stop it. Theres absolutely ZERO chance Amari falls to 6.

freemantoon and BleedGreen89 like this.
  4. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Always depends on the cost, personally, with such a poorly equipped team, I'd be far more inclined to trade down than up unless it's for a franchise QB...and I'm not convinced either of the top 2 guys fall into that category, not on the Andrew Luck level, at least.

1968jetsfan and Clark Gaines like this.
  5. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Good Im glad the Jets won.

deathstar likes this.
  6. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

With the team needs of teams ahead of us, Cooper could fall to 6.

7. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

He absolutely could fall to 6. Some of you act like he's Jerry Rice. Their are 2-3 big time DL who grade higher then him. Their are 2 QB's. And their is a WR near him. You guys fixate on one guy.

MoWilkNYJ likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Tannenbaum did NOT have backup plans in place. That's ridiculous! He was one of the most reactive and worst GMs I've ever seen. All he knew how to do was trade up and throw lots of money at mediocre players.

9. Clark Gaines

Clark Gaines Banned

I think Tannenbaum went "all-in" and then paid for the decline.

To me, the commonality between Idzik and Tannenbaum is that neither seems to really KNOW a good football player when they see one. Sure, they can be told what a good player is, but they don't really know one. Of course, that can be said for most of the Jets management.

10. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Tannenbaum was famous for his obsessive planning. He had plans, back-up plans, contigency plans for those back=up plans and so on. The man had a plan for the possibility of anything happening no matter how remote. He was an obsessive nut and fairly famous in regards to having a plan for everything. You can fault Tanny for a lot of things but he was a very good negotiator because he was of his good planning and ability to react quickly to changing circumstances.Pretty much the opposite of Idzik in that respect.

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Where do you get that from? Sorry, but I think that's absolute BS. I never read one single article that even vaguely hinted at anything resembling that. His actions showed quite the opposite in fact. You're trying to create revisionist history.

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

did you read collision low crossers? did you watch hard knocks? both showed Noam's points to be true

Noam likes this.
  13. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Seriously. He's going second at worst

14. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Yup.

He is a great player and has no issues off the field...He won't get passed the Raiders as they can pair him with their rookie QB Carr.

Only way Jets get him is to move up to 3 but with so many holes, that won't happen.

15. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

This plus 1000.

Cooper is the best WR in the draft at this point but the distance between him and the next WR is no where near as great as the distance between the top 2 QB's and the next tier of QB's. That said, I'm all in favor of a trade down if a trade is available regardless of who's on the board unless it's one of the two QB's who are still on the board by some miracle at #6.

16. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

Raiders are taking Williams, we might be able to get Cooper.

17. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

People focus way too much on the flashy positions like QB and WR. Cooper is not the second best player in this draft.

Also remember this point last year when Bridgewater was considered nearly a surefire #1 overall? When Sammy Watkins had a chance to fall to the teens? ODB was considered a reach for us? Things change.

18. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I would be cool if the Jets were able to move back to like 10-15. Pick up some additional picks and address more areas.

Maybe pick up an extra second and third. Allows us to address positions that maybe we wouldnt have normally. Maybe grab someone like Gerod Holliman to roam centerfield while Pryor shifts to his more natural position. With 6 picks, I'm not sure we'll address RB. Maybe with some extra picks we could take a chance on a RB. This is a ridiculous year for RB's IMO, and we should definitely take one.

19. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

Amari has a 75% chance of slipping to 6

Mariota, Winston, Williams, Gregory, and Stanley all have great chances of going ahead of him. No one minus the raiders would take him ahead of us.

Julio jones went 7th I believe and AJ green ans Sammy Watkins only went 4th and they are better prospects

20. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Why is everyone so worried about Cooper when we have a bigger need to address at O-line, OLB, CB, and S?