They are both fired

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Red Menace, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Gunther

Gunther Member

Bitch ass media trying to convince the fans it was time. Suck my dick. This is exactly the reason why this franchise won't win shit. We want substance and all these motherfuckers know how to talk about is smoke and mirrors. Where is the foundation? This is a franchise that has slid into a slimy river, and the media tries to pretend that we are on solid ground. We never were, and the constant changing every so years shows a bitch who not only has no spine but doesn't know his elbow from his asshole in this business.

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

What a crock this is. If this is your strongest argument, your argument is weak. How many coaches that were fired in the last decade had head coaching experience before they got hired?

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

How many GM's are going to keep their job anywhere in the sports world with two-thirds of the fans antipathetic towards them? I think that was the ratio by 2-9 or so.

It would have been a very courageous act on Woody's part to keep Idzik for 2015.

4. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

My fellow jet fan, I stand corrected. I indeed used a famous FDR quote to emphasize the great news this morning, but you are 100% right - Infamy is not the correct word to be used in this instance.

5. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Very true. Fans do play a big part in a teams process. Play well they back U up. Play piss poor (as we have been doing) and fail in getting the right players or failures to sign the right players pretty well dooms U. (Money talks) I don't believe for a minute when he mentioned that the fans had very little input into his decision.

6. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Definitely no surprise. Hopefully we don't replace them with an even worse combination.

7. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

I tend to agree but the media frenzy and the anti Idzick feeling the fans had further pushed into the decision. Again .JMO.

8. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

And the franchise and ownership once again show why they are complete morons.

We hire a new GM for the massive rebuild that is necessary. We fire both assistant coaches, special teams coaches, directory of player personel, and replace 12 starters. we change QBs. we clean up our cap. we are 2 years into a rebuild that takes 3-4 years. then we fire the GM and Coach for not winning in a throw away year in which we were rebuilding.

makes. no. sense.

zero backbone by the ownership of this team. cant withstand the media pressure and stick to the plan. this will just doom us down the road. we will bring in someone who will go on a spending spree on older win now guys who will ultimately fall well short and leave us where we were when idzik took over. a team with cap issues, over the hill players, and talent that needs to be overpaid to be kept in town.

If you arent high on rex, fine... but he shouldnt be fired based on this year. if you kept him last year, you should have kept him this year. This was a 2 win team talent wise. we overachieved on the field.

The 1985er likes this.
  9. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I would've said that I am confident that Idzik can ultimately turn things around and that this is a process. He caved into fan and media pressure and then tries to act as if that wasn't the case.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Rex was fired based on the last 4 yrs. No playoff appearances, and we didn't really see the improvement (or any good coaching) on the offensive side of the ball. Under Rex, we don't run a modern NFL offense and it's time that we find someone that can do so.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  11. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

100% the way I see it.

Idzik was not hitting on everything like the fan base unreasonably expects. It's a process, I think he did have a plan. I thought he was making calculated decisions instead of impulse like our fan base.

I would have liked to see what he could have done in this years Free Agency with the heat turned up... moving on though.

12. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

You can call it weak but the results show that head coaching experience is completely irrelevant when it comes to building a successful program. How's Mike McCarthy working out in GB? What about Tomlin? Harbaugh? Lewis? Even Ron Rivera. None of them coached before they got their current jobs and they're all in the playoffs multiple times. Falco said Rex is a more qualified candidate than others out there, because of his "coaching experience". I say that's complete bullshit and if you look around the league, the results back me up.

Going forward, who do you want to coach the team? An unproven coordinator, or a retread head coach who's looking for another chance? I'll take the coordinator.

13. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

It takes time for a rebuilding team to turn things around, especially with the way Idzik was trying to build the team.

14. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

we didn't run a modern NFL offense as we didn't have the QB that you need to successfully run a modern NFL offense - I don't care who the coach is going forward, no-one is going to win with this team until we address the QB position.

Red Menace and Gunther like this.
  15. Fred Mertz

Fred Mertz Active Member

Super Bowl Winning coaches since 2000,
    2000 Dick Vermeil
    2001 Brian Billick
    2002 Bill Belichick
    2003 Jon Gruden
    2004 Bill Belichick
    2005 Bill Belichick
    2006 Bill Cowher
    2007 Tony Dungy
    2008 Tom Coughlin
    2009 Mike Tomlin
    2010 Sean Payton
    2011 Mike McCarthy
    2012 Tom Coughlin
    2013 John Harbaugh
    2014 Pete Carroll

What do they all have in common? Nothing. There's no cookie cutter solution to a head coach.

legler82, NYJetsO12 and slimjasi like this.
  16. JetsVilma28

Rex also had a terrible knack of poor management/game time situations. Look, he closed out the season defensively like a master 6 sacks against New England 7 against Miami, that's impressive. It's tempting to bring Rex back because he could pitch some nice defensive games. Just so many mistakes at dire points in games that were potentially winnable if not out coached. Sometimes you wonder if he is in control of the whole team (like a coach is suppose to be) special teams and offense. I really do think if he had a brilliant OC or QB that new how to manage an offense, personnel and game times decisions, he could front as a Head Coach. Without the master on offense to ride on, Rex is a glorified DC in the NFL.

There were at least 2 games this season that were lost due to poor coaching, plain and simple.

17. 74

74 Well-Known Member

They suck and we always draft like dog shit so their scouting reports don't mean jack. I'd rather they just hire some of the posters from the draft forum.

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

That's on Idzik for not addressing the QB position properly. It's also on Rex for sticking his nose in the offense when in reality he doesn't knock jack shit about it. The wildcat, the play-calling - I believe Rex had a hand in it at some point during the season.

Idzik was a failure at acquiring a QB via the draft. Went for Geno Smith in a bad QB draft, decided to skip out on Bridgewater and Carr. Change has to start at the top and you need players that fit what you are trying to do on offense. A plan and foundation need to be put in place first before you get the QB.

19. JetsVilma28

He was truly in it for the long haul to build a contender. I think, his thinking was not to over spend so that in the off season he would have the available cap to spend if need be. This off season he would have been feeling the pressure to spend, and I think he would have responded accordingly.

Unfortunately for him, this fan base is not in it for the long haul.

20. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

I'll miss Rex, seems like players loved to play for him. But Rex had his shortcomings. Really interested to see who we get next.