Players Thoughts on Rex

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Dec 28, 2014.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

They love him so much they put up 4 wins for him this year.

Kris 15 likes this.
  2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

You people are insane.

Don't you find it weird that a guy as incompetent as some of you make him out to be is one of the most coveted coaches around the league? I was reading an article today saying that teams will be lined up to sign Rex as HC.

Blaming Rex is easy to do when your GM and Offensive Coordinators have been complete shit.

MsuJets likes this.
  3. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

Giants players didn't like Coughlin till they won a super bowl.

4. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Rex Ryan HIRED these offensive coordinators, you do realize that? He doesn't know crap about the offensive side of the ball, and has said this time after time. Head coaches are supposed to be responsible for both sides of the ball and well rounded individuals, Rex Ryan is NOT this. This team was bad this season, yes, but it was also poorly coached. There's an always an excuse with Rex, maybe he becomes successful elsewhere, but his time in New York needs to and should come to an end.

5. AZ_JetsFan

AZ_JetsFan Member

Rex is a good defensive coordinator. I'll give you that. He didn't have the same level of talent as he did in previous years. But to act like there is no one else capable of coaching this defense to the same results as Rex did, is naive. Let's not forget, Rex is the head coach too. He's also responsible for our inept offense. You can't just ignore that either. Not the way he's ignored offense for 6 years.

6. BigSnacks54

Rex's time is up in in New York, move on, and he's not what we need anymore . I'm sure Rex will get another HC job, but he'll have short term success at his next stop and flame out once again. He's just that type of coach.

7. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Nobody seems to mention that Specials Teams that were a strength of this team for forever has also turned to shit under Rex's watch.

8. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

Perfect example of why Rex should not stay - when they get 12 men on the field penalties, burns a timeouts for no good reason, take stupid penalties, etc, Rex doesn't look angry like any touch, smart head coach does, he looks clueless and confused. That is not the kind of leadership that we need.

9. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Lane Kiffin? Liked. Vince Lombardi? Respected. Big Difference.
    Rex is likable.

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  10. AZ_JetsFan

AZ_JetsFan Member

Rex hires the offensive coordinator. You guys can't cherry pick the good things about Rex and ignore all the other things that fall on his shoulders as a head coach.

11. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

Has more to do with one of the best ST coaches ever retiring.

Axel3419 likes this.
  12. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Who cares, the team went 4-12. If they loved him so much, they would have played better

Rex is a mediocre head coach, good riddance

13. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

This doesn't change my opinion. My opinion's been that I wouldn't have a problem with Rex staying, but I don't want Woody to just keep Rex just because he likes him. Get your GM and see what he wants to do. Tell him he'll have the choice what to do with Rex. I don't think Rex is the problem. He's not the best coach in the NFL, but I feel like he's definitely a good NFL head coach. That can't get in the way of a decision though. You need to get the best possible GM and let him choose what he wants to do. Maybe he'll want Rex. If I was choosing between Rex and the other coaches on the market, I'd probably only pick Harbaugh over Rex because I know Rex can win in the NFL.

14. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Im not ignoring that. But lets say Rex gets fired and goes to Chicago or Atlanta or San Fran. Do you really think he's going to have much of a say with the way the offense is run? I dont. And thats fine. The same way if those offenses excel with him as coach I wouldn't give him any credit for that.

I've said it plenty of times but I'll say it again here. When you hire a coordinator to be your head coach you just want him to make the side of the ball that he's coaches elite..and be able to handle a team and media. In those areas Rex excels. If we had competent offensive people on the team too we'd most likely either be gearing up for a playoff game right now or at the very least had our season matter all the way through.

Mike McCarthy doesnt know the first thing about a defense. Yet people consider him a great head coach.

15. Monty_Droppings

Monty_Droppings Active Member

Special teams is also a direct reflection of your team depth, or lack thereof.

16. BigSnacks54

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rthy-makes-it-clear-hes-in-charge-of-defense/

Well, at least we know, Mccarthy controls his defensive staff.

17. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I agree with this post. Whether our not the next coach is as successful as Rex has been is an unknown. However, to say that Rex is the only defensive coach that could have gotten good play out of this defensive group is just wrong in my mind. The Jets have spent a lot of high draft choices on this defense so it should be good. There are people doing more with less on the defensive side of the ball (see Bowles) this year. However, it seems like there are many on this board that seem to forget that.

18. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

19. BigSnacks54

Mike Mccarthy created a QB school, where he developed Rodgers and helped him grow as a Quarterback . He altered his mechanics, throwing motion , and spent time with Rodgers in the flim room. Hell, even Bill in NE spent time with Brady studying flim. Does Rex do this? Rex is clueless when it comes to the offensive side of the ball, he needs to go, and you need to move on from him. McCarthy is a SB winning coach, who helped develop Rodgers, let us never compare him to Rex AGAIN.

20. AZ_JetsFan

AZ_JetsFan Member

However as head coach he still hires the coaches on the offensive side. MM, Sparano were bad hires. Those other coaches you mention hired the right people for they other side of the ball.

BigSnacks54 likes this.