Final Call on Rex Ryan

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PinPointPenning10, Dec 27, 2014.

?

What should the Jets do with Rex Ryan at the end of the season?

1. Keep Rex

37.0%
  2. Fire Rex

63.0%
  1. Laszlo Kovacs

Laszlo Kovacs Active Member

I classify making it to the AFCCG with the rookie Sanchez as great performance by the HC, although the team was loaded back then. I also think the last 8-8 season was a great performance by Rex even if it was a mediocre season for the team and us fans.

Truth4U2 likes this.
  2. bandwagon

bandwagon Active Member

sorry, rex. fire.

3. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

LMAO, good one.

Jets69 likes this.
  4. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

Man, I cannot believe REX is getting fired. We are talking about Rex Ryan no longer representing the Jets. I can't even imagine that. Rex is the face of this team. He goes we have no identity. This is a effing nightmare. Guy gave us a damn identity. Even if we shit the bed these past few years it wasn't a result of bad coaching. It was a result of lack of talent. Heck some can even say Rex deserved coach of the year last year getting us to win 8 games.

Woody upsets me because he has to hire consultants to tell him what he should do. You owned this team for how many years now. You mean to tell me you don't understand the game. You witnessed idzik sabotoge the team and let Rex go into battle with weak warriors two years in a row at that. What you thought lightning could strike twice and Rex could have gotten this shit of a team to overachieve and win 8+ games with that difficult schedule. Heck the jets were close in a lot of games they should have been blown out in. Why aren't we taken that into consideration. Before the season began I knew this was going to happen. I knew Geno would have been benched. I knew Rex would be on the hot seat. Who didn't see this coming with how this team was constructed. I just thought woody would have remained loyal to Rex but it seems he doesnt know one shit about this game.

And For those that say Rex is a D coordinator and not a head coach. Please understand the game. a head coach needs to be a master motivator with a specialty in either Offense or defense. Players love to play for Rex and are very loyal to him. This is who you want running your team. In terms of the offense that is on his coordinator. The coordinator is the one calling the plays and getting the O together. Why are people putting that type of pressure on Rex to be more involved in the O when he should focus on what has gotten him the head coaching job to to begin with, his defense.. The only involvement Rex has to do in regards to the Offense is to pick the right coordinator to run it. I believed hiring Marty was a good move compared to the last coordinators we had. What the hell is Marty working with on offense. He has a bad oline along with shitty WR talent and a QB who is still young learning the game on a pro level.

Woody do the right thing and give Rex a 4 year extension and get some consultants in to oversee the personal moves. It is evident Rex is a defensive genius and a master motivator who is missing the talent necessary to go into combat.

#64 jtrain, Dec 27, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
    NYJalltheway likes this.
  5. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Winnable games cost by poor coaching. Same old song and dance. It's time to move on.

Rex should be fired.

6. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Rex needs to go. He has not improved as a head coach in the six years he's been at the helm.

Rex has no concept of the offense, his teams are consistently unprepared. Every week we hear the same tired nonsense, "we're going to fix these problems". But, nothing ever got fixed.

It amazes me that people are still so enamored of this guy. Rex is a blow-hard, a snake oil salesman. He's full of bluster and big promises but, when push comes to shove it's the same broken record and the same littany, of penalties, botched timeouts and missed opportunities.

When Sanchez went backward everyone bellowed for him to be run out of town Rex needs to go too. His snake oil bit has lost it's luster.

But, old Rexy still has his bluster promising he'll win a Superbowl somewhere. Let your actions speak instead. His act is tired and failed.

Goodbye Rex.

freemantoon likes this.
  7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

The sad thing is we are gonna end up replacing him with someone who isn't on the same level as him,I'm evven hearing assholes on the radio say Josh Mcdaniels would be a great choice,if we hired Josh Mcdaniels I would smash my head thru a mirror,I seriously doubt we are gonna land Hardbaugh so we are gonna end up with a guy who isn't even close to a quality NFL çoach on the same level as Rex

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Sorry bro - Woody will never understand the game. Just hope he hires the right consultant.

9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

These tired arguments of Rex doesn't know anything about offense is a joke to me at this point.How is he suppose to run a succesfull offense with Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith at QB ,and the funny thing is he had us in games and won despite the lack of great qb play over the years

10. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Yep. Get prepared for Jim Schwartz, Greg Schiano or dipshit McDaniels. Darrell Bevell or Dan Quinn might actually turn out as the most suitable replacements. Either way Rex is going to land on his feet and we probably won't upgrade our HC unless the Harbaugh pipe dream pans out. Woody really needs to find out what it would take to make a run at Harbaugh but I believe the reports that he's set on Michigan.

11. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Not a bad run at all when you factor in QB play. Throw in 4 playoff wins that's one hell of a resume to be proud of..Hell Jeff Fisher only has 6 winning seasons in 20 years of being a HC. It's not an easy job in this league without a Franchise QB.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  12. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

This post explains everything lol and smh.

13. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Agreed, I think he has the potential to do so. It's unfortunate that he won't do it here because he was loved among a strong majority of the fanbase.

Once again, I too have been frustrated with some of his shortcomings, but I can't imagine anyone we are going to pick up that is a clear-cut better option. You can say Harbaugh but we know that is NOT going to happen, and my heart tells me it probably shouldn't. I can't imagine him fitting well here. If one of these hot college coaches comes along (Stanford, Auburn guys?), then maybe you have my attention, but change for just the sake of it is not going to help.

The big ugly predicament we are in is that I DO think the GM needs to be fired, and there is no way we can bring in another GM without a new HC. I dread Woody's decision.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  14. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I have to admit you have a point. I've felt it especially this season, if Rex wanted any chance of holding on to his job this season he had to get all the details right. It's tough with such a raw squad to work with, but a truly great HC would have gotten a bit more out of them, at least a few more wins in some of those NFC north games we played this year. However, Rex is still young though and the trials of this season could help him grow as a coach, where ever he ends up.

15. PhillyJet52

PhillyJet52 Member

This is why I voted to keep Rex. The names listed above are not very impressive and I'm not for change for the sake of change. Especially when it involves a downgrade at the HC position.

I would entertain the idea of Harbaugh but I would be interested to find out exactly what went on behind closed doors in SF before I made an offer.

16. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

People keep saying that but it will never happen. Name all the coaches in the history of the league not named Bill Belichik who were losers in their first job, got fired for too much losing, and won somewhere else in the future. Not even won Super Bowls --- just won. The list will be VERY short. It doesn't happen. Rex is a good DC, and a bad HC.

#76 truthbtold, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  17. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Pete Carroll, Tom Coughlin, Mike Shanahan, Tony Dungy, Dick Vermeil. Add in Belichick and that's like half of the last 15 years worth of Super Bowls.

Did any of them have a QB? Oh, they all had HOFers? That's interesting ... I guess having a QB is important. How was Rex's QBs?

#77 Unhappyjetsfan, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
    IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  18. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Pretty much this. There is zero doubt in my mind that the coach we get will be worse than Rex ... and it will be obvious immediately if they don't go out and get a better-than-average starting QB. Watch Rex go to the Raiders, Carr turn into a Pro Bowler, and then ... miraculously ... you won't be able to find a single person on this board that thought Rex should have ever been fired.

19. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I voted for fire yesterday, but with Harbaugh going to Michigan, it makes me uneasy. Who is the big hotshot coach who will be such a supposed upgrade over Rex?

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Seriously, you guys asking for 4 more years of Rex want to watch crappy offenses that eventually drive his defenses into the ground?

Haven't we seen enough of that?