Jets option at QB in 2015

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Rockinz, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Hael

Hael New Member

I love how people just assume this guy is going to be good. I think the much more likely situation is that both Winston and Mariota are going to be big busts.
    I don't want to be negative but Winston supposedly has work ethic issues, and does anyone know a single good (not even great) NFL qb that wasn't a complete workaholic? So scratch Winston.

As for Mariota, well he's a project. Probably less suited for the NFL as a rookie than even Geno Smith. Worse, he actually has accuracy issues if you watch the tape. To my eye he is a slightly more mature version of Manziel and well that doesn't look like its going to end very well in Cleveland (eg they're probably going to spend several years of pain with that guy doing their due diligence).

I don't want to be Cleveland (eg a great team that just has a gigantic zero at qb), I'd much prefer to be Oakland and suck hard for awhile and then end up with at least a chance to make a turnaround for the long haul.

LAJet and LIJetsFan like this.
  2. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Yea Carr looks like real deal

3. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

This may very well be true, but busts aren't born; they are made by the team that drafts them. If this team and our new coaching staff believes that a Qb in this draft can become our franchise Qb, we have to draft them. Hopefully we will have the coaching staff in place to help him succeed and prevent him from busting. Much of it is obviously on the Qb, but that's why teams do their due diligence.

MikeSLTJ23 likes this.
  4. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

The issue is the Titans and Bucs also need/want a QB and I cant see them trading us #1 overall to grab Mariota.

5. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Oh my god.

6. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Be nice. Many Jet fans retired to live there. LOL

7. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

I just live here. Enjoy the winter wherever you are:)

8. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

it will be jameis

because jets

9. NYJetsfan56

NYJetsfan56 Member

Not a big fan of Jameis but I think he would be perfect for New York. There's been so many distractions off the field at Florida State over the last 2 years and they still haven't lost a game. If a rape accusation doesn't bother this guy I don't think the New York media or fans will.

4jetfans likes this.
  10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Oh you got all up in arms because I said he isn't a train wreck. Got it you just wanted a chance to act like a jerk and ignore most of my post.

11. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

I wonder if Blank decides to blow everything up in Atlanta if Matt Ryan would be available.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Me too.

13. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

No, but Rex very well might be his next HC

14. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I wonder why Jets fans continue to dream up scenarios where teams are willing to make quality starting QBs available for our taking. As arguably the most QB thirsty team in the NFL, you'd think we know better.

15. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

One Titans beat writer is predicting that the Titans will pass on a QB at #2 (via Rotoworld: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9376/jameis-winston) and will stick with Mettenberger... That seems surprising, but would sure make things interesting as such a scenario could allow Jameis (presumably) to fall to the Jets...

Since the Bucs regime doesn't like Mike Glennon, the Jets should really try to get him for mid/late round pick or a player. He'd be a great player to add to the QB competition.
    I'd also inquire about the availability of Zaxh Mettenberger, Kirk Cousins, Nick Foles, and maybe even Chase Daniel depending on what offensive system is in place.

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

God, I hope the Bucs take Mariota @ 1. Winston is the best QB prospect in this draft despite the immaturity. Maybe you get another vet like Hoyer to hold it down in the mean-time.

17. Clark Gaines

Clark Gaines Banned

Sorry, I want no part of a rapist. A dog killer is ok, but not a rapist.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I would take a dog rapist if they gave us a chance to be a top tier team year in and year out.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  19. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Jets shouldn't gamble their future on 2 questionable QB's in this years draft. Jets are still in a good position to either get a WR, or
    pass rushing DE/OLB or even trade down to get more picks.

Yes, Geno may not be the answer to their QB woes, but if you surround him with some weapons and, with the right OC, it could be fun to watch. I was very surprised and pleased at how well did the last few games of this season.

The crap with fans thinking that last years draft was bad - I like Amaro also..a good QB would have boosted his progress.

20. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Some QBs just don't have it. In fact, the vast majority don't. And it has almost everything to do with the player. Not sure why you pinned the success of QBs all on the team.