"Jets to hire Ron Wolf as Consultant along side Cassalry"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Umphpool, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

#1 Umphpool, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  2. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

It definitely sounds like Woody is getting ready to clean house

MsuJets likes this.
  3. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

Another year behind us almost...all we have to hope for us that we bring in some higher quality decision makers. This move certainly beats hiring a firm to make these decisions...

4. SeattleJet

SeattleJet Active Member

A NFL consultant dream team...

5. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Just read this on Espn. This is huge news to see Woody finally consulting some savvy football veterans to right this NY Jets ship.

Could be some exciting times ahead...

NCJetsfan, irishwhip03 and Axel3419 like this.
  6. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

If true, this is a step in the right direction as Wolf knows his shit.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Heard he declined because he is already an advisor for the NFL.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Title is misleading.
    Title in the article says jets approached wolf.
    nothing stating wolf will be onboard

Jets69 likes this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Glad to see Woody is finally looking at football guys. Let's just hope he doesn't bring the next general manager in with stipulations such as the ones he gave Idzik which were basically that he's married to Rex and his success and he must trade Revis. That's probably why Woody brought in an independent staffing firm last year to hire his general manager because he needed someone specific to the plan along with being a cap guy.

The thing that I don't get about these cap gurus rising to the general manager ranks is that wouldn't you think teams hire capologists alongside their general managers anyway? That's what never made sense about Tannenbaum as good of a job as he did initially; he was the accountant that handled the contracts for Bradway then all of a sudden our owner figured he'd be good at talent evaluation. This coming from a guy who analyzed numbers. It really perplexes me sometimes.

Clark Gaines likes this.
  10. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Stupid Woody. Hiring some guy named Cassalry.

11. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

This would be a nice step in the right direction.

12. 24McNeil

24McNeil Well-Known Member

woody Johnson must be some piece of work. dude owns a nfl team for 15 years and he doesn't know anyone to hire but consultants??

I mean come on. I have no problem with Cassidy or wolf, but for crying out loud, get a grip on your team woody. you should have a report on just about everyone in the nfl and college front offices at this stage. man must put his head in the sand and not pay attention to crap.

if I owned a team for this long I would know every single coach and scout around and know who I would want to run things and who to stay away from.

sell the team woody, you clearly don't have a clue nor give a damn about anything except ripping off your fan base with your ridiculous psl's.

the ny jets will be doomed until this bozo sells or pulls a casey johnsons. sorry to say.

Jets69, JetsNation06 and Jake like this.
  13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

He reminds me of a shady stock broker feeding people bullshit and taking all there hard earned money

Will-I-Am-Not and egelband like this.
  14. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

15. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

I really like Casserly. I've watched him on NFL network and enjoy his insight. He's a bit nutty, but that's probably what I like best. What's interesting is that Casserly is absolutely a fan of Rex Ryan (although he won't have any say in if Rex stays or goes).

As for Casserly as GM...I like the idea but also am concerned. Casserly did not have a good run with the Texans, although drafting some good players. Yet this is a guy who drafted Derrick Carr and struggled heavily at QB. I wouldn't want this guy consulting or drafting a QB for the team. (Or maybe trading for Johnny Manziel who he thinks is good).

Ron Wolf sounds like a better candidate for GM...although he's probably also just consulting. From everything I'm hearing, these guys have known connections to Norv Turner who could possibly be a HC candidate.

I would hate it for Norv Turner to come here. Norv turner is a bum who doesn't have a passion for football and has been stinking it up with his Vikings offensive coordinator job. I don't want a Teddy Bridgewater type at QB either.

I know there's not many options out there...but if Harbaugh won't come here...then I would love to see a college coach or even Dan Quinn take the helm. Someone who is a leader, with a good personality, and willing to focus on the offense. Dan Quinn is a defensive coordinator, but I doubt he would neglect the offense like Rex did and still provide brilliant defensive schemes.

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

How funny would it be if this 'NFL brain trust' Woody is bringing in tells him Rex is the best guy for HC. Then what? haha what a joke this whole thing is and will become.

17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Jetsruby what makes you think Dan Quinn knows anything about running a balanced offensive attack? If we get Dan Quinn, we will be ground and pound all the way. We will get Seattle's scheme minus their roster. I would hate the hire.

18. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

I don't think the scheme will be that different, but I don't think Quinn is the type of Personality to only focus on defense. He gives off a sense of responsibility that I think would greatly benefit the team. I had no problem with Rex Ryan's ground and pound offense...I had problems with his neglect of the Free Agent market, personnel needed, offensive play calling, etc...

Quinn has been around Russell Wilson and company and knows what it takes to run a decent offense. If the offense was just a little bit better in 09' and 10', the Jets may be talking about having two super bowl appearances.

Not to mention, Quinn was a D-line coach for the Jets in his previous experience. Playing to the strength of the D line is exactly what the team needs. If Dunbar is part of the house cleaning, they will need a solid coach to help the line grow.

19. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

It's not solely up to Rex Ryan who they sign and draft, and he never called the plays.

We'll agree to disagree. I would hate either Seattle coordinator. In fact, if we can't land Harbaugh, Brian Kelly or Gus Malzahn Id actually want to retain Rex Ryan because I am not intrigued by any other candidates. Just my take.

I think Woody is an idiot and will hire Marc Trestman. Lmao

20. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

That would literally put me over the edge.