Josh Thomas Says Jets Didn't Coach Him

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Dec 18, 2014.

1. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

How dare this clown say he wasn't coached here. He's just salty because we cut him after he lost his playbook. He wants to be complimented as he plays like a child...are you doing your job or not? Rex doesn't have to tell you. Your a pro.. and not that good of one either..you should know. What a loser this guy is for that...WOW. Everyone that leaves here has something smart to say and then go back to their practice squad huddles as we never hear from them again (STEPHEN HILL). At least we gave these bums a shot, they can't even make it off the practice squad... give me a break... BUM

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  2. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

In all fairness on the Hill comment, you can't really teach a player to stay healthy and how to catch the ball. That's something they just have. I have no argument with you on Sanchez and Wilson though.

However... Nobody was making these arguments when the team (which was probably this bad last year) went 8-8. Or maybe they were and I just don't remember.

I also still maintain this team would probably be .500 or better with a serviceable QB and a decent CB crew, more likely the former but that's better than 3-11.

It is time for a change though. Rex needs to be gone and he will be. He needs it as much as the Jets need it.

3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

All valid points. I think when we were winning it was there, and we just ignored it. I think a better coach with those teams actually gets a sb berth and possibly win. You cant build thru the draft if theres no one to groom talent.

FJF likes this.
  4. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Players on 11-3 teams are more than likely we'll coached.
    If we had a couple of pro bowl CB's, sure the PS guys may get overlooked and not enough one on one time. We dont, we have nothing even serviceable at CB, everyone in camp should be a prospect. Maybe not by Rex, but by someone on the defensive coaching side.

5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the kids in the little League that sucked ass but always wanted the coach's attention. These were the same kids that complained to their mothers about it.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You got him mixed up with Geno.. As per Geno anyways..

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I'm a Rex critic but this player is being a little bitch. Best of luck to him as he continues to bounce around team's practice squads and bottom of rosters- feeling "coached." I can't believe audacity on this fuckhead to lose his playbook and then cry about not being coached.

74 and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  8. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Special teams says everything about coaching. Youngest inexperienced players in easiest forgettable phases. It shows ours hasn't been coached shit. No discipline

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The way you keep your job though is to have the Josh Thomas' of the world over perform and win some games in the process.

I don't believe for a minute that the reason the Jets players were poorly coached this year was job security. I believe the reason they were poorly coached is that Rex's coaching style had worn thin and was never particularly effective without seasoned veterans receiving it anyway. There's no evidence at this point that Rex is a particularly good coach of young players or that he fosters that in the rest of his staff. He's a great coach for a veteran team but obviously not up to rebuilding.

JetsVilma28 and FJF like this.
  10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I don't buy that at all, if he "wants to be great"(should probably start by trying to be good first) and isn't being coached he has to be aggressive and seek out help. sounds like a bitter guy who just got cut, wasn't even responsible enough to hold onto his playbook.

11. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I don't disagree

12. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I cannot believe that a reporter even talked to this guy

13. 74

74 Well-Known Member

If another team cut him they likely wouldn't have

NY Jets68 likes this.
  14. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

Why wouldn't they want to talk to him? As someone who was just cut by the Jets, there was a decent chance that he would want to insult them. Any time a former Jet insults the team / coaches / players, that gets your article some clicks and helps advance your career. I bet as soon as he was cut, one or more of the sports reporters reached out hoping that he would lash out against the Jets, which he did.

jdon likes this.
  15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

it IS a story. if you have players who feel uncoached its a problem. i dont give a fuck what level player he is or what part he could or could not play. he was a player on the team and he was not coached.

the game of football is all about good coaching, from the 7 year old level to the nfl you will find some coaches just do a great job and win consistently and others dont. or they do to a certain level and then things get too much for them.

i have to wonder how much of a big deal having pettine and westhoff around. seems as soon as they both left the wheels really fell off.

TNJet likes this.
  16. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Yeah the coaching staff around Rex has really deteriorated over the last few years especially the positional coaches from Bill Callahan to Westhoff, I'm not even sure who our DB coach is since DT moved over to coordinator.

17. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Excellent point. Thinking back, how many of those first 2 seasons of Rex was ST the contributing factor in wins... back when Brad was running back long kick off returns and scoring TD's, when we were getting turn overs on ST.
    It could be a lack of deep talent now, or a lack of good coaching.

18. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

I don't think you need to be coached about not losing the play book...

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

While is hard for me to pay any credence to this BS, from a player that until yesterday 99% of the Jet fans didn't even know he existed, it highlights a fundamental flaw in this whole coaching staff.

Rex or any other HC can not spend his time coaching each and every player individually, but his staff sure as hell should.

As I said it very, many times before, Rex is absolutely atrocious at selecting a decent coaching staff, then flow down expectations and make them accountable. Once we lost Pettine due to Rex's parochial approach towards focusing on a few selected players, and trying to get them to fit his system rather than change the system to fit his players, the real mess started. Rex has a great football mind regarding schemes but he does not appear to know how to translate what's in his head onto the field.

Having said that, the notion that when a player does not perform is Rex's lack of coaching, but when a player shines is the player on his owand not Rex is utter nonsense.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Brain dead