The Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by FITM, May 26, 2006.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Anonymous GM was a disaster once before (Hornswaggle) they can't be that stupid again

2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Honestly I think they'll somehow find a way to get HHH and Steph back involved but honestly I don't get the attraction to Seth Rollins. He's about as interesting as watching paint dry and while I think he's extremely athletic he just doesn't seem to have that charisma to carry a company.

3. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Personally I like Dean Ambrose, sick of Rollins, Big Show, Rusev...like to see Orton and Ryback now that they are baby faces

4. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Cena will have a match where he has to bring them back if he loses, or else the new GM will be so vicious, that his hand will be forced. Either way, it's not very creative booking imo. But hey, it could be worse.

5. Barry the Baptist

That's pretty much it, you know they'll be back before too long.

6. NYJalltheway

Plus i read dirt sheets pretty much daily, and the current plan is for them to be back before mania.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

You guys need to listen to the Stone Cold podcast with Vince McMahon...it was great on Steve's part, Vince for the most part sounded dumb but he was upfront on a few things.

Things he did acknowledge or Stone Cold was going to whoop him:

-Macho Man will go into the HOF
    -Vince made the decision on the Undertaker streak being broken, Taker chose Lesnar as the wrestler
    - Apologized for sending CM Punk's walking papers on the day of CM Punk's wedding
    - Vince called the roster out, saying they are not as ambitious as the wrestlers from the prior era
    -Said John Cena was the only one who reached for the brass ring

Man some interesting things here, check it out!

8. NYJalltheway

It honestly seemed like Steve was just grilling him 3/4ths of the time.

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Well considering Vince said, The WWE title doesn't matter...I'd grill that fucker too if that is what each wrestler has strived to achieve.

10. NYJalltheway

I completely agree that Vince was responding from mainly a PR perspective, but it was just a little awkward to watch. I liked him talking about Shane too.

11. NYJalltheway

This deserves a bump.

First of all..

FUCK [​IMG]
    Raw, and Smackdown are at a real, real low point.

[​IMG] + [​IMG] + [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Barry the Baptist

I thought TLC was kind of predictable but there were some great matches, Ziggler/Harper match was great but IMO it was topped by the Ambrose/Wyatt match. I just thought there was no way that Ambrose should have lost. He brought it last night. He is the new innovator or violence. I was also bummed that AJ Lee got screwed again. I hate the Divas division but I like her and I'm sure Punk leaving has a lot to do with her getting screwed. I think they are going to run her out.

I thought the Cena match was predictable and glad it wasn't the main event.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm going to be a dick and say that WWE is the shallow man's version of a daytime soap opera. I watched it for a while as a grown man, for maybe 2 years, until I felt too fucking ridiculous to keep watching. Even read one of Mick Foley's books.

This shit is bordering on reality television, just add juicers.

14. Barry the Baptist

You know I hadn't watched it in years but there is so little TV worth watching here in Manila at night that I've kind of gotten back into into it. I'm sure once I'm back in the states unless my son decides to start watching I'm guessing my interest in it will fade away again

15. NYJalltheway

Yeah it was ok. By the last match (which I couldn't believe wasn't Cena) I was too tired, and just skipped to the end to see who won. Is it worth watching? I enjoyed Ziggler, but no TLC type matches compare to the original stuff which I grew up with. I didn't mind the PPV as a whole though, even if it was only a small fraction of what NXT was on Thursday. It's such a fresh, great show.

16. Barry the Baptist

Yeah, the main event lived up to it's billing, Wyatt took an ass beating and Ambrose was completely out of control. Reminded me of an old school ECW match.

17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

It's all Vince's fault...Triple H built NXT and they have fantastic shows. Their last PPV was probably the best show in wrestling in 2014

18. NYJalltheway

It was. Just because Wrestlemania is called Wrestlemania, don't let that fool you. NXT is 100% where it's at. I don't even care about the other shows really. I watch Raw, but I anxiously wait for NXT.

19. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

Couldnt agree with you more. Its like a halfway point between Ring of Honor and WWE. Get to see some quality wrestlers on a larger stage showcasing their stuff. My fear is that when they "graduate" to Raw/Smackdown, they'll get lost in the shuffle. For as talented as Neville, Zahn, Kenta, Devitt, etc are, I cant see them succeeding on Raw/Smackdown. Everyone has a role to play and I dont know what their's would be.

20. NYJalltheway

On 1 hand i want them to move up, but i have no faith in the company to not ruin them. I guess we will see, cuz it's going to start happening soon. I think Neville is about to, and the Ascension already is. I don't care for that tag team though.