Titans game thoughts

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreenBlues, Dec 14, 2014.

1. GangGreenBlues

GangGreenBlues Well-Known Member

Man, what a bummer.

- Refs have been screwing us all year, and that continued this game, just in the opposite direction. That unsportmanslike conduct penalty on the Titans captain was pure BS. He talked a little trash to Decker who playfully pushed him away (they played together last year in Denver), and the refs give them a penalty that decided the game. Unbelievable.

- Was it Landry who pushed the Titans player out of bounds on the final play? For a moment it looked like the Titans might score in the end, but then, the patented Jets ending.

- I wouldn't give up on our draft hopes just yet. We can easily lose the last two games against good teams (NE and Miami) and some of those other teams at the bottom might win one or two. We might be able to trade up. Somebody might pass on Winston because of baggage. As far as I am concerned, if we can't get the two QBs, I would like to get Randy Gregory if he is a bonafide talented top 5 pass rusher. We don't really need Leonard Williams as he seems to be the same type of player as Wilkerson and Richardson, and I am not a fan of drafting WRs that high. If Mariota, Winston, Cooper and Williams go top 4, we could nab Gregory at 5th, but right now we are at 6th.

- Pryor looks so much better as a SS playing near the line. I think he can be a good NFL strong safety, but he seems terrible as a FS. They need to end the experiment and let him get more playing time at SS.

- Speaking of rookies, IK looked pretty good today. Got that sack wiped out by a penalty, and a pass batted down, and was active on special teams. I have no idea why Pace and Babin are getting playing time over him at this point.

2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

You don't know what the Titans said to Decker on the sideline.

Also, for the "We must lose so that we can draft Mariota" crowd, the refs did you guys a favor for not ejecting the Titans best player after he punched Geno Smith.

Royal Tee and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  3. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

It was nice seeing Geno get punched though.

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Why, what did he do to you?

Axel3419 likes this.
  5. GangGreenBlues

It actually wasn't Casey who punched Geno. They said that at first, but after watching it again, it was some other guy, some linebacker.

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Ok, I will have to watch it later. I was driving during the 3rd quarter. I missed everything until the XP. On the radio, they said Casey punched Smith.

7. GangGreenBlues

Casey did get into it once the brawl started, him and Giacomini were going at each other, and then some other Titans player dragged Giacomini from behind like a ... and they all stood over him while he was grabbing their legs Jeff Van Gundy style, haha.

8. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Yes it was Landry.

Fuck Landry.

9. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind Gregory. If Mariota, Winston and Cooper happen to be off the board, then Gregory is who I want. He'd finally solve our OLB woes.

I hope we'd go WR in the 2nd round, then. There should be guys like Greene, Coates, Green-Beckham, etc..available at that spot.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  10. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

But you know what the worst part is?

Now I have to try to convince myself that this guy --> [​IMG]

is somehow going to slip to us, and save this franchise. I just don't see it in any way.

Then again I thought [​IMG] AND [​IMG] would work out.

So Go Winston?

11. GangGreenBlues

Well NY Post is saying it WAS Casey who punched Geno, so maybe I was wrong. Didn't look like it to me at the time.

12. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

He threw a ball.

13. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Is that you Rex? No more defense in 1st round, we tried that already SEVERAL times.

14. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

We still need an OLB.

Look, would I prefer Mariota, Winston or Cooper? Yes, I would. But, if they happen to be gone by our pick, I want Gregory (unless we decide to trade back to stockpile draft picks).

15. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Geno was decent and he made some nice plays. I'm still rooting for him despite knowing he isn't the long term answer.

Decker played well.

Ivory and Johnson had their moments.

Oline was solid for the most part.

Coples is a better fit at DE than OLB.

IK looked solid.

Babin was active.

Pryor played well

Walls was decent.

displacedfan likes this.
  16. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Sometimes your posts make me question the overall intelligence of this board.

17. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Nobody was ejected and we won the game. Sorry.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

He didn't live a pathetic, lifeless existence in a place where animals are happier than humans.

19. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I'm annoyed they only scored 16, because I saw a lot of good things. I thought penalties and drops halted a lot of our drives. I watched the game in "condensed mode," so I assume some penalties were bad calls while others were ok, since I didnt get to see replays.

Geno played very well. There was one third down play later in the game when he had an open Kerley but threw it into the dirt. That pass was annoying because he wasnt getting hit or anything. That pass to Decker was money. If Decker would have kept his feet in bounds that would have been awesome. I'm really interested in seeing Geno with an actual offensive coach. He has a lot of god given ability, who knows what a little coaching could do.

Decker played great besides that one brutal drop. I assume the ball was lost in the lights, so I'll give him a pass, especially considering how well he played. Harvin I didnt hear much from. Nice end around run though.

The line seemed OK. It wasnt great, but Geno wasnt constantly under pressure, so thats good.

DLine is great. Even without Wilkerson, they were all over Tennessee. Sure their OLine and QB suck, but Coples was in the backfield fairly often and Richardson is Richardson. One guy that really impressed me was IK. We watched him play in the preseason and knew he had some ability. He seems like the kind of guy, that when he's in the game, things happen. He was driving back his offensive lineman a decent amount, and it was good to see. Idzik's draft might not be the worst in history.

I thought Pryor also played very well as well. He's a little reckless, but he is all over the field. He is fantastic in the box, covering the short passes and supporting the run. He struggled early, and that will happen to rookies, but he was clearly not playing in a position best suited for him. One play that stood out yesterday was a run to the outside where Pryor was in the backfield so fast. He didnt make the tackle but sent the RB backwards and slowed him down so others could come. I think many here wrote him off as a bust wayyy to fast.

I know most here want to lose, but it was good to see the Jets win and have young guys step up and play well.

Axel3419 likes this.
  20. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Glad we won, first of all.

Glad Decker had a 100 yard receiving game, was pissed off he dropped a pass in the lights like that.

Offensive line needs a major overhaul. Mangold and Brick are aging out and Breno and Colon are pedestrian at best.

With Geno, he was so-so. Made good enough decisions

Tired of these mind numbing penalties on offense that erase long gains

On defrnse, played well overall. Like what Coples and IK are bringing