the "happy we won a game" thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TonyMaC, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I can't think of a less satisfying win in my lifetime as a Jets fan.

JetsNation06 and TNJet like this.
  2. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Don't you need to get a new username or you gonna ride Geno's nuts until he's working at Burger King?

3. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Nah I'll stick with it for now. Why u care hockey boy?

4. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Okay, assuming I was rooting for them to win this game, I still wouldn't be happy. They committed penalties, Geno sucked, Decker looked bad, secondary couldn't catch a cold, etc. What was there to be proud of in this situation? They didn't give up on a coach whose not going to be here anymore? 0 to gain from this win.

5. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

While I understand that we "should" want the Jets to win every week, the season was over by week 5. What I wanted to see is players playing hard for their jobs next season. I want to see some glimpses of improvement so we can have an idea of who may be good depth next year. That said, each game we win we lose draft position in each round. I don't want players to tank, but I'd rather see us picking 2-3 picks earlier in rounds 1-4.

6. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I wanted to win. I damn near had a heart attack at the end of the game. That would have been SOJ had that game meant anything to us

7. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I like it when we win, but this win changes nothing except our draft position. We played the same, undisciplined, predictable, boring offense and the same bend but don't break, lack of big play defense that we've played for four years. We still have glaring holes and no playmakers. We're cleaning house.

8. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

This. I didn't see anything that would be encouraging about our future. Sloppy, undisciplined football and nothing necessarily good coming from our young guys.

9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Its great in theroy to think that way about guys "making plays" for next year but it doesn't matter overall what anyone does.There's gonna be a new coach a new system a new qb and god willing a new gm and a entirely diffrent staff overall with a completley diffrent philosphy then the one we have now,at this point this late in the year we already know the players we want back for next year and the guys who have to go

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I didn't want them to lose but both teams were playing so badly in the 1st quarter I almost got into the spirit of trying to see how to lose to the Titans when they were obviously tanking. The brawl put all that away. I wanted to beat those guys after that.

11. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Maybe the Jets should have lost to the Raiders too?

12. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

The best part about the win is I can enjoy our game against the Pats next week (which I'll be going to). If we had lost I may have in the back of my mind wanted us to lose to the Pats in order to preserve our 2nd overall draft pick. Now that we've won the game, I can openly root against the Pats like always and hope that we can mess up their home field advantage.

13. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Right? I'm so sick of everyone here wanting a real NFL QB!
    GENO FOREVER BABY!

TNJet likes this.
  14. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

As a fan since "65 I never want them to lose. I also don't buy into the QB savior stuff. They need a coach who can work with QB's and understands that the NFL is an offensive league. Heck Rex still doesn't get it. I hope they go the college route. Chip Kelly has done fine in Phily and NFL players unlike players in other sports respond to a strong hand. Brian Kelly must be dying to get out of ND and I hope they give him a look if he is interested. I also hope that people on this board who were all over Johnny Football will admit that he needs work.

15. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Do you follow Portland or Portland State? I went to go see Portland play Princeton in Vegas last year and they come down to Vegas to play my UNLV this week. I saw Portland State play Kansas in the 1st round of the NCAA Tournament in Omaha when they made the tournament for the 1st time, they had Jeremiah "Manny Pacqiuao" Dominguez on their roster.

My man Mike Moser was from Portland , dude was a beast until an injury and Dave Rice ruined his career. I'm actually disappointed Altman hasn't done better than he has but Ben Carter a former Duck and Vegas kid is sitting out after transferring to UNLV from Quacksville.

16. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Yeah. I go see Reveno's team a lot at the Chile's Center. I used to love PSU when they went to the NCAA. But I promised never to go to a PSU BB game again till they fix up that abortion they call a football team. Yeah Moser left you guys for us. I think he did pretty well considering the shape he was in. UO played you guys a while ago and won. I was really sad for you guys when Anderson?? left. But UNLV still draws great recruits and has some of the best HS tournaments in the country.
    You're right about Altman though. He has had a lot of success but nowhere near what he could have done. Izzo, Pitino and Coach K call him one of the game's great minds. Problem is he takes a lot of chances on problem kids with bad grades. That resulted in the rape scandal and the loss of a load of players. They have only eight scholarship athletes now and a hurt center. The Ducks will get killed when conference play starts.

#36 pdxdrew, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  17. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

The most bittersweet win I've ever seen as a Jets fan. Great they won, can talk about this meaningless win, against the worst team in football, that was playing their 3rd string QB, and we almost still lost. Good water cooler talk for about 1 nanosecond.

The downside is this team will now miss out on the two franchise QB's and franchiswe WR Cooper, and draft another defensive lineman and suck for the next decade. BUT we won this meaningless game and that's all that matters.

18. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Gonzaga is loaded this year. St. John's played Gonzaga as tough as anyone this year, outside of Arizona. The Johnnies look very solid this year and have a good shot at making the big dance. On a side note and some trivia, Gary Payton was about to sign with St. John's and at the last second the Johnnies reneged and took another commitment. It was all but a done deal for Payton to play his college ball in NYC and then the Johnnies fucked it up. Louie even admitted the blew it.

19. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

We played up in Portland a few years ago and barely survived, I remember the year they beat UCLA I think and ended up being ranked for like a week. I've been hearing that PSU may drop football , that's pretty rough as they're the biggest school in the state. I think they had Jerry Glanville there for a few seasons. That must have been pretty wild and definitely his type of city, with all the Weird Portland stuff.

20. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

I was rooting for that hook and lateral to work... No more sucking for the duck