Everyone upset about a Jets win...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by perpetualchange, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Don't even try to make sense. CMan has avoided the troll label only because he is a moderator. He is the black Championjets69.

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

That is completely uncalled for...

3. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

What?? You mean you don't have the perspective of a 4 year old, who only understands instant gratification?? What's wrong with you? Big win today. BIG win.

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

What is? Have we gone that PC that calling someone the white (insert black, Asian, Indian, etc person here), the Japanese (insert non-Japanese person here), etc. is not allowed? If so, please report and have me banned. It might be worth it. No temptation to come here and read the lunacy if I am not allowed to be here.

5. freemantoon

freemantoon Active Member

was that L.T? followed by the great lam(e) jones!!

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

How do you know cj69 is not actually black?

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

He posted photos years ago.

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Freeman McNeil draft

Jones was the prior year

9. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Does this win mean we're going to Disney world?

10. freemantoon

freemantoon Active Member

ah thanx! i loved freeman though! obviously. it sucks though that a 3 win team may not even pick in the top 3 or 5 for that matter.

11. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Not requesting anything be done. Just was trying to debunk the notion I quoted and your reply felt like a door to personal attacks that are not needed for this discussion. Cake it up.

12. Br4d

How do you know they were him?

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

He may have admitted they were his. Whoever posted them was 1,000,000 times more convincing than was Mezzova telling people he used to play for the Seahawks.

14. Br4d

the internets are a straaaaaaange place.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I don't stress anything when it comes to the Jets first off. Just not worth the time or energy. You're absolutely right that garbage QB play and coaching and roster will contribute to losses either on the ground or thru the air. All the teams with the great QB's can do both run and pass. Green Bay has Rodgers and passes more than half the time no? Indy has Luck and passes 62% if I'm reading your chart right. Its when you don't have both a running game and a passing game that the ground and pound will get you into difficulties. Every team in your bottom 10 has both with the exception of maybe Houston, Cleveland and of course, the Jets. In the top 10, you have Detroit, Indy, NO with above average to great QB's. They choose to pass more as they know the GnP doesn't fit them.

The Jets don't have much of a passing game. Never really did so they concentrated on the GnP and for 2 years, it worked. Thing is, they got so enamored with it that the offensive talent level stagnated to the point of being dysfunctional thru the air.

Rex never had the luxury of a higher level Qb so he got sucked down the GnP hole over the years. My Point? Balance wins. You can't be all run OR all pass.

16. Br4d

The offensive talent level didn't stagnate based on GnP. The offensive talent level stagnated based on drafting people like Kellen Clemens, Dustin Keller, Mark Sanchez, Shonne Greene, Vlad Ducasses, Stephen Hill, Geno Smith and Brian Winters up high in the draft. It stagnated based on losing retiring veterans like Tony Richardson, Damien Woody, LaDainian Tomlinson and Brandon Moore without being able to find suitable replacements. It stagnated based on aging in general with good players like Chad Pennington, Thomas Jones, Laveranues Coles, Jerricho Cotchery, Alan Faneca and Braylon Edwards leaving when their talents declined to the point that the Jets thought replacement level was better. They couldn't find replacement level for any of those guys.

It stagnated based on a free agent strategy that mixed trading for and signing mid-prime players with baggage alongside older players about to exit the league. The Jets offense has declined because the overall strategy on that side of the ball was poor and the talent evaluation on young players and draft picks was atrocious.

17. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

You are as stupid as your avatar.

18. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

I'm glad you appreciate this win, hopefully you will appreciate all 5 of our wins next year as well..... idiot.

19. Clark Gaines

Clark Gaines Banned

Hi folks. I'm new here...or long absent.

I think you've made too much of this loss/win. The Jets need to address needs that they will be able to from their position, whatever that turns out to be. As much as Geno has sucked, it's also the OL and the receiver corps that hasn't been addressed adequately each of his two seasons. Can we draft or otherwise obtain some talent to address the holes at OG, WR, and OLB? You'll probably have the No. 6 picks throughout the draft. Can't we address some needs with those picks and the cap money? Then, if your QB play is still the problem, draft someone. But neither of these two guys is the messiah.

20. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

1st off, I love your username Clark Gaines was a warrior