This Fire Idzik crap needs to stop

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfannerd, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Injury prone? Wow a man gets hurt once and he injury prone in your eyes? Show me facts that it was Woody call?

2. Geno007

Again...What he going to say? Idzik fucked up and didn't get me any CB's?

3. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I can but I won't. It's common knowledge, everyone knows that.

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Do you think Rex is a different person behind closed doors? Do you think he tones it down, cries Uncle, and begs for help to make his Defense work? I don't.

5. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

Of course it's a waste of money, but crowdsourcing is a relatively new concept that opens up new doors. If the internet was as widely used and accessible to the average person in the Kotite era as it is today, there would have been a firekotite.com.

Nobody would be angry enough to waste $500k on this silliness. But are 20,000 people angry enough to drop $25 each? Yes. (I am just making these numbers up.) The internet is a mechanism for coordinating that kind of action. That was true now, and it was true in the Kotite era - it's just that there wasn't a way to coordinate people so easily.

There are also lots of tabloid style newspapers in NYC that will gladly give that stuff free advertising.

From the perspective of the guys who started it - while I don't know them or much about them, it can feel great to suddenly become a "leader" and get those fifteen minutes of fame. Newspaper writers interviewing you, hundreds of thousands of dollars pouring into an account for you to use to buy billboards, etc. Personally I think it's absurd, but I am not surprised that there are people who would want to cause some drama and get attention.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  6. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

I hope U get a ton of business and I wish the very best for U as I do for all Jet fans. Yep even those that love idzick..

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Cutting a player is not reneging on a deal because the player still receives every negotiated term he agreed to and is entitled to. In fact, part of what the player contractually agrees to is that the team can cut him.

How about you do research on what reneging means.

LIJetsFan and FJF like this.
  8. Geno007

Yes I think he is. Just like every coach or GM in any major sports.

9. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I would settle for some basic writing and grammar skills.

Research would be like grad school.

_

NY Jets68 likes this.
  10. fireidzik_billboard

fireidzik_billboard Active Member

Hundreds of thousands of dollars?! Lol... I am flattered that you think our campaign brings in that sort of money... Means that we are way exceeding our means and pulling off one hell of a good job.

11. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

Oh hey, haha! It's cool that you're on the board, I should have phrased things more nicely and I don't really feel as contemptuous as it sounds in the other post. I mean, you're not saving the whales, but you're not clubbing seals either.

I held a pro-Idzik stance for a long time, but a few weeks ago I did start to see the other side and now I agree that the Jets should part ways with him. My main reason is that giving him his own HC would mean a 4 to 5 year total commitment to Idzik, and in my view the roster's quality has not improved since he got here. I haven't seen enough promise to give me any confidence he can turn things around, and I'm afraid this would be a 3 to 7 win team for the next 3 - 4 years if we let him stay.

And I don't trust him to draft a second QB (in just his 3rd year) or to pick a good HC. I also don't like how he confuses goals ("Win now and in the future", and "Build through the draft") with strategies (what you do to accomplish your goals.) When he's asked about his strategy, he just restates his goal. Like, "John, how are you going to pass your chemistry test?" And he responds "I'm going to pass it by getting a 100. That's what I try to do every test. I want to get 100 on this test, and I want to get 100s on future tests too." Facepalm.

He needed to explain what he was thinking, why it didn't work, what he learned, and how he is going to fix it. I don't think he's clueless or incompetent, but he's not providing any reasons to believe in him. So I don't believe in him.

As for funding, it feels like you raised more than you did, since the sports writers have an amplifying effect.

I think Idzik will be fired at the end of the season (thankfully)... and that makes me wonder, what will happen to the site?

12. fireidzik_billboard

If/when that happens, the site will post a very public thank you to Woody Johnson and talk about how excited that we are for the future of the Jets.

13. fireidzik_billboard

The reason it feels like we have raised more than we did is because with the help of all of our supporters, we were able to continually outperform expectations. When we promised 1 billboard, we delivered 4. When we told people they would have their shirts and towels in 5 days, they arrived in 3. Find me ONE person who put even $1 in to this movement that regrets it or feels ripped off.

When the story first broke, we had no clue what we were in for. This has been a HUGE undertaking - managing it all and making sure we provide 110% of what we promise to our supporters. That is why people respect us and this thing has been a national story for over 6 weeks.

We are trying to lead by example. Anybody who doesn't respect that (or pretends not to because they don't like it) is kidding themselves.

14. Geno007

Or it just shows how bad of a job Idzik is really doing.

15. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

I think Idzik deserves a chance to hire his own coach. I like Rex a lot but he is not a good manager. He seems very good at some things but he seems to not have much 'hand' with the team as a whole. Something is missing. Too little consistency or accountability. I would like to see what Idzik does with a clean slate.

16. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

17. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

You can't be readin ebonic's?

18. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

If this is the only way to get him out the door, then I really don't care with how we do it.

Plus, he took a job in the New York media with a fan base that is fed up with sucking, and made it worse.

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Please restate the "fact about what you will do" if Woody doesn't fire him. I don't see that anywhere on the pictures of the billboards that have been posted here.

You going to stop buying tickets? Root for the Giants? Hold your breath until you turn blue? What happens if you don't get your way?

20. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

He failed to address obvious needs in the draft. With 12 picks he totally failed to get it done. Personally I can't wait until he is shown the door.