This Fire Idzik crap needs to stop

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfannerd, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

If they fire Idzik? But keep Rex? Do you guys start up a fire Rex billboards? Towels? Or anything else?

2. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The Fire Idzik nuts are just looking for a scapegoat to blame for a disastrous season. Logic not required.

Br4d and FJF like this.
  3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

If John Idzik cant handle public scrutiny, then leave. No one is forcing him to do this job, he is not enslaved to the New York Jets organization.

4. jetfannerd

jetfannerd Trolls

Has John Idzik not left the Jets in a better situation from when he took over? If we get Winston or Mariota he's a genius

5. fireidzik_billboard

fireidzik_billboard Active Member

Your logic is literally INSANE. Your argument that he should keep his job is, "he turned the Jets in to such a laughingstock that they hit rock bottom on his watch. But hey, he is a genius because now we can draft a qb in the top 5 pick with question marks"….

Just please stop… I mean - you were successful in getting me to respond to it.. so congrats.. but I am not going to waste my time in this argument.

#25 fireidzik_billboard, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
    Ralebird likes this.
  6. Zombies

Zombies Member

This season might have been more of a writeoff than an honest attempt to compete with the cap rollover stuff. Drafting has looked really weak though.

7. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

Lol are you fucking with everyone with these posts? I hope so lol

8. fireidzik_billboard

fireidzik_billboard Active Member

there is no such thing as writing off a season in the NFL… even Woody said he "thought we were going to be really good this year… what do I know"… what a joke.. this team has no direction.. this wasn't some sort of genius plan… this was a collective failure.

9. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

If he was the GM of the Jaguars I would agree with you. But he took over a team with the most success starved fans in NFL. And in New York of all places. I find it unlikely that he worked in the league so long without this understanding. So. Boo hoo.

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

You do realize that you me or anyone on this board could have made
    just to be clear,,,,you me or a monkey could have come into this situation and made 3 or 4 cuts / restructures and we would have saved the team 15 to 20 million dollars in cap space !

grumpynyjetsfaninME likes this.
  11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I like the direction Idzik is going....building through the draft with young, cheap talent (well, trying at least) and avoiding cap crippling contracts to aged vets with name recognition. He's also not afraid to admit his draft miscues and cut his own dead wood or players that ain't playing well.

And to a man we all know Rex assured Idzik his Defense would be just fine fine with whatever bodies he's given back there. Perhaps Idzik's only mistake was believing a little bit too much in his HC's boastful personality. Hell, we all fell for it.

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Actually, the FireIdzik people know that the Fanbase IS on their side. Only a precious few fans are not.

13. LIJetsFan

LIJetsFan Active Member

I don't think it was a write-off as much as it was a roll of the dice that came up snake eyes:

1) If you include Sanders and his (hidden?) seizure disorder, that's 4 draftees that missed the season with injury.
    2) Figuring that either Geno or Vick would be serviceable was a reasonable bet at the time.
    3) Loosing Milliner and having Patterson self destruct was just bad luck.
    3) Anticipating that Rex and MM were capable of making the most out of what they had:

1. Rex:
    -using guys like Allen, Pryor, and Coples out of position
    -sticking with over the hill vets way too long
    -constant blitzing on 3rd down leaving his underskilled DBs exposed all season long
    2. MM:
    -sticking with Winters too long
    -not running the ball enough which is the strength of the team.
    -starting Cumby over Amaro
    -not using play action
    -keeping Geno in the shotgun 99% of the time, doing further harm the the run game.
    -worst red zone team in the league

Sure there is plenty to blame JI for but I do not believe for one minute that he was writing off the season.

#33 LIJetsFan, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  14. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Scapegoat? He sabotaged our team! It's not like it took any effort to figure out why our team is so bad.

15. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

What happened to the minimum post count before being able to start threads?

_

16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

You do realize we went into last offseason with 12 draft picks. How many of those picks are on this team right now?

That's just a drop in the bucket too. Scapegoat? We have no fuckin talent on this roster lmao

17. thatisjetsfootball

thatisjetsfootball Active Member

I've got to say that i agree and support your post

18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Here's my dilemma. I'm in the fuck Idzik camp and the fuck Fire Idzik camp.

YOYOYO and LIJetsFan like this.
  19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I would feel that way if I looked at Idzik the human but I refuse to. I see Idzik the GM because I am not interested in him as a human, I want a super bowl and don't care about anything else when it comes to the Jets. I don't wish ill on anyone expect Bellicheat and Brady. He shed cap dollars last year, but in the end, if you are a GM of an NFL team, you need to acquire NFL talent and for that he has failed miserably, and I don't mean bad , I am talking about screwing your team up for years. He drafted a QB not worth shit and wasted, wasted 12 picks in one draft. Who the hell keeps 12 picks and does not trade to move up or defer to the next year? And on top of that, 75% or more of them suck. We are in good shape cap wise but talent wise OMG, we are 2 or 3 good drafts from being a playoff team. We are in the worst shape I can remember since Parcells took over and unless there is another Vinnie lurking, we are screwed big time. We suck at almost every position and our so called elite front seven is 3 people in Wilkerson, Sheldon and Davis. The rest can suck an egg. No matter who comes in from GM to coach to QB, no matter how the Jets and the media portray it, we are gonna be in the bottom 3rd of the league for the next 2 years. And our owner, the same person who kept Rex and hired Idzik is going to decide who gets to run the football again. And he's worried about what the fans think. We are doomed

20. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I'm in your camp...other than the D-Line and our Running Backs we are toast. Our o-line is Mangold and everyone else, no QB's, half a WR corps, one OK LB'er, zero top talent in the secondary and only half a decent kicking crew...well...maybe I'll give us a pass in the kicking dept. Doesn't look good to me no matter how you slice it. at LEAST a 2 - 3 year uphill battle. Period.