"Penalty Flag Day"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by fireidzik_billboard, Dec 4, 2014.

1. fireidzik_billboard

fireidzik_billboard Active Member

haha… if the Jets win the Super Bowl next February with John Idzik as our GM, I will voluntarily sleep on the street in Manhattan for a full week. Save this message. That is a legit bet.

2. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

if the Jets win the Superbowl within the next 10 years regardless of whom is the GM I'll run naked threw the entire state of NY in January

3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Yes let's follow the Browns example and followed the Browns lead. The Browns, awesome example.

4. displacedfan

How do we know he's not good at rebuilding? Here's thing about rebuilding, without a franchise QB it's real tough. Is it his job to get a franchise QB, yes. But you can't just get them. So you build the team as much as you can.

Right now, look at the offensive weapons we have. We haven't this type of offensive talent since 2010. So if we do try to find a QB or a placeholder, at least we have talent to try and help them out.

If you think someone can't rebuild after two years, you aren't really judging them on the rebuild in my opinion.

That's why I want Idzik to be around for this draft. He is building up to something and we should have a top pick. This pick is basically going to guide the Jets future. Miss, and Idizk is in trouble. Hit on it, the Idzik might be praised for a while. Brining in a new GM, well who knows how they'll view the Jets or the pick. Will the new GM want to make that big splash? Or if Woody wants to make a big spalsh, will the new GM feel pressured to do so?

I want Idzik for the 3rd year, but he's been spectacular, I agree.

Saying all this, watch us draft a bust this offseason and be stuck in this cycle all over again.

5. fireidzik_billboard

they are 7-5 and headed in the right direction… we are 2-10

6. fireidzik_billboard

I am completely confused as to what you are saying.. Do you honestly feel that we have a ton of offensive talent? And you want Idzik to be around for the draft? Why? 0-12 of his draft picks started in that game last week for a "rebuilding" 2-10 team. Do you understand how pathetic that is?

If Idzik is here for even one more year, it sets us back another 3-4… Think about it. Who will come here and take this coaching job? They will be on a 1 year audition because if we go 5-11 or 6-10 next year, Idzik is gone and we will have to fire that coach in order to get a different GM in place… This thing is a disaster and HAS to be blown up. The entire front office.

7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Deal!

[​IMG]

8. displacedfan

Let me clarfit, offensive skill position talent, yes we have it. Best talent we had since 2010 although 2011, 2012, and 2013 were pretty weak years so not too hard to top.

Decker, Harvin, Kerley
    Ivory
    Amaro

I think that's a great group. Some more depth would be nice because of Ivory and Harvin's past injury concerns, but talent wise, yeah I think that's great going forward.

The big question mark is the QB which I hope we get a chance to draft a certain Oregon player to fill that spot maybe not immediately next year but sometime next year.

See every year fans complain and complain saying "no x would ever come here" where x is free agent, coach, gm, coordinator, etc. The only thing you can say is no owner is coming here because Woody isn't selling. Everything else, it's a high paying job, they are going to hire people.

And yeah I want Idzik back for a 3rd year. I'm not going to be devastated if he's gone, but yeah I want him to keep on working on constructing this team. If he goes, he goes, but I don't think he's worth paying money out of my pocket to try to get him fired. He's done an okay job, not great, not terrible. But he has been working from a tough spot that the team was in. We will see how Bridgewater develops in Minny, but that's really going to guide our discussion about Idzik in the future.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I disagree with you strongly displaced.

10. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Percy Harvin alone - when with the vikings, there were days he was a better RB option than Peterson, while leading the team as a WR as well. If he can stay healthy and control whatever supposed attitude issues he has, he is one of the most electric players in the NFL. Ivory is a legitimate bruiser RB. He can carry a rushing attack for any team and is a better RB option than many teams have. Amaro is a rookie but has already displayed talent that is very promising as a franchise player. Decker is Decker. Are you denying his talent?

If you doubt that this offensive roster (WR, RB, TE) is better than any roster in years past, please explain why.

11. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

I love the fact that Bradway was added to that towel. I swear, if that @sshole finds a way to avoid accountability AGAIN, I might be printing my own towels next season with only his name on it. Worthless talent evaluator.

xxedge72x, Cman68 and Brook! like this.
  12. displacedfan

It seems lots of people do from what I'm reading on here.

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Wow. For a guy that throws around terms like "factual proof," "wild speculation," and "skewed opinion," you sure have a lot of work to do. When you are done learning what those terms mean, start in on "short-sightedness."

Three or four years from now when you aren't making a fool of yourself in public you'll thank me.

14. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Except, it is INSANE to keep an inept GM on the job just because it's only been 2 years when you will have a top 5 draft pick and need to hire a new HC. I am baffled why that doesn't seem to sink in for you.

Turbocharged23 and Brook! like this.
  15. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

The point is I am not convinced hes terrible after two years

16. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I've been out of the USA and just saw this now.

Love it.

I won't be at the game, get me a towel!

17. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Seems that if you're going to go to the trouble and expense of making these towels, the braintrust would have come up with something that didn't look like Pitts "terrible towel".

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Anything yellow with writing on it could be associated to the TT...

On another note, Fire John Idzik Billboard and I are collecting money for "Sell the Team to Vaynerchuk" limited edition Pinot Grigio. We anticipate it being robustly bitter and ignorant to conventional recipes.

19. GangGreenBlues

GangGreenBlues Well-Known Member

Don't worry about it too much, reasonable people are very often in the minority. It's amazing how all these Idzik haters can look at the way he has upgraded the offensive weapons in less than 2 years and still claim he has done nothing:

Shonn Greene -> Chris Ivory (and even Chris Johnson is looking better the last few games)
    Santonio Holmes -> Percy Harvin
    Stephen Hill -> Eric Decker
    Jeff Cumberland -> Jace Amaro

Then he also fixed up our cap, brought in one of our best players in Richardson, brought in decent starters in Aboushi, Bohannon, Pryor at SS, and this is all very early on.

20. fireidzik_billboard

They are yellow so that they aren't confused as a Jets sponsored giveaway. Yellow stands out and we liked the idea of making them look like penalty flags.

But if you want to call them "terrible towels" we are fine with that too... Our front office is definitely terrible.