Ozymandias 1st 2015 Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Ozymandias, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Let me preface this by saying I think we will go 3-13 at worst with the best case scenario being 4-12, either way I think Mariota is out of our reach. I'm not going to delve into FA/FO acquisitions or do trades in the draft, although I think it is very possible we put a first round tender on Harrison and a team like Cleveland takes it.

I will say that I think we will either be in on Jake Locker or RG3/Bradford when they both get released.

with that said, let's begin the mock.

ROUND 1 -- AMARI COOPER (WR, ALABAMA)
    - we are in prime position to finally land a coveted receiver. Cooper is ready for the NFL, he has the speed, he runs the best routes in the nation and he is just leaps and bounds the best receiver in the country. I think he's an immediate factor for the Jets, the number 1 receiver we have been looking for so long.

ROUND 2 -- TY SAMBRAILO (OT, COLORADO STATE)
    - we need to invest on an OL early. OT is a huge position of need and Sambrailo is the guy we should be looking at. He has the versatility to be a guard or a tackle which are both areas of need, I know I said no FA signings in the preface but I'm kind of hoping we go after Iupati. anyway, Sambrailo has done a fantastic job of protecting Grayson this year. he could be a first round pick, but I'm hoping he's there early second,

ROUND 3 -- DUKE JOHNSON (RB, MIAMI)
    - now before anyone says RB isn't an area of need, let me say that if we are in the market for an RB this is the draft to do so. a very deep class, I like a handful of them for us but no one stands out more than Duke Johnson. he is the perfect compliment to Chris Ivory. I think Chris Johnson has a chance of being cut, so an Ivory/Duke/Powell three headed beast intrigues me a lot. Duke is a speed back who can take it the distance on the ground and through the air. a versatile back and another much needed offensive weapon.

ROUND 4 -- JAKE RYAN (OLB/ILB, MICHIGAN)
    - Jake Ryan would most likely be an ILB in the NFL which I am fine with.I like this player a lot, I think we will move on from David Harris. Ryan is a leader on the field and is quickly returning to the form he had a couple years back. he's a tackling machine and he has a knack to create turnovers.

ROUND 5 -- KEVIN JOHNSON (CB, WAKE FOREST)
    - one of the most underrated corners in the country. he's been a top defender in the ACC and has the rangy size the Jets need at the corner position. if Idzik is still our GM this looks like a no-brainer pick.

ROUND 6 -- PERCY HARVIN

ROUND 7 -- TYLER VARGA (RB, YALE)
    - I would look for Varga to be our new FB. he's a very good runner, hard to bring down and a good blocker. a solid option to go to in the red zone.

thoughts?

2. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

I think Kevin Johnson goes middle of the second round, he's probably better regarded than you think. With that said if we got him in round five I'd do back flips.

3. tomz

tomz New Member

No FO movement? you are no fun.:mad:

It looks a strong draft but I had enough of Jets drafting oft-injury prospect. Still, it is only 4th rounder.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I think the Jets go CB earlier than the 5th. I see them targeting one in the 3rd round. Overall if the draft had to go your way - I'm on board though. Only other thing I would change is not to draft 2 backs - I would rather pick up another offensive lineman or linebacker

5. Ozymandias

The reason I didn't address CB earlier, because anybody who is familiar with my posting knows I'm holding out hope for a Revis reunion.

Kevin Johnson definitely could go much higher, not denying that.

6. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Really like those first three rounds. As others have said, seems like Kevin Johnson will go at least a couple rounds earlier at this point.

7. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

You and I are in total agreement with the needs with the 1st 2 picks , if a QB isn't an option.

I hate to use "sure thing", but Amari Cooper is the closest in the top NFL prospects.

8. Ozymandias

Cooper is can't miss. If he's on the board and we don't take him there will be rage.

9. Sloup

Sloup Active Member

Edit: Stupid question. Reading is hard.

10. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

If the Jets get Mariota, there won't be.

But if Mariota's gone, Cooper better be the pick.

11. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I like the 3rd round pick a lot.

12. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

I like Duke Johnson but not for us. We don't have the draft pick to afford it. Resign Powell and use him more often with Ivory. Other teams are making it happen at RB with very late rounders and even UFA.

13. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

You wouldn't take Duke Johnson in the 3rd round? I would. Cut CJ, and draft Duke.

14. Ozymandias

Resign Powell and cut CJ loose. Sets Duke up to be a starter for us in 2016 when Ivory in a FA.

I want to draft at least one RB in this draft, very deep.