WW85'S 1st 2015 JET'S MOCK DRAFT (1.0)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Dec 2, 2014.

1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

My first Mock draft for the Jets. After last night's performance, it's clear the Jets need major help, especially on offense. The offensive line is going to need help for any QB to succeed in the passing game.

I'm predicting the Jets getting the 4th pick in the draft with 3 wins. Right now, the Jets are in the 5th spot with 2 wins. SOS doesn't favor the Jets with the other teams with 2 wins.

No predicted trades, it's just impossible to predict, it's difficult enough to put together a solid mock.

Jet lose out on Mariota, he goes in the top 3 picks, I would have taken Mariota if available, the Jets QB situation is a mess. JW isn't an option for the Jets, he's not the player you want in NY.

Jets sign a FA Vet QB for 2015. I have an idea who I want, (not Sanchez), I will keep it to myself for now. Jets also sign a FA OG.

ROUND 1) AMARI COOPER, WR, BAMA - Best player available, the Jets finally get a true #1 WR, it's been years since the Jets have addressed this position with the "right player" in the draft.

ROUND 2) RONNIE STANLEY, OT, NOTRE DAME - Not very well known to an average fan, but anyone who follows College Football, knows Stanley has been one of the best O-Line man in the nation. It's a gamble cause Stanley could stay for his last year, but since my mock is early, it's worth a shot.

ROUND 3) JALEN COLLINS, CB, LSU - I noticed him watching the SEC, he plays very aggressively and should be a borderline RD2/3 player. Could be an immediate starter.

ROUND 4) SHAWN CARDEN, QB, EAST CAROINA - Possible future QB for the Jets. Jets need to bring in a QB to develop and if 2015 is a bad year with the new coach we could get a solid QB in 2016's draft too. Carden is very smart and doesn't turn over the ball. Looked good against some better teams (Virginia Tech).

ROUND 5 ) MAX TUREK, OG/C. USC - Moved to center this year and has played well. Versatile player that is a OG and can play anywhere on the interior of the line. Another player that might declare early.

ROUND 6) PERCY HARVIN TRADE - no one knows the conditions of the trade yet, my guess since Percy hasn't done too much, it's a 6 th pick.

ROUND 7) TERRANCE PLUMMER, ILB, UCF - Solid player for UCF, we don't know if the new Coach will go with a 4-3 defense, it least a solid player that can play ILB or OLB in a 4-3.

Comments welcome. I will post another draft (2.0) in late Jan, when we have a new coach and get to see what players declared.

#1 WW85, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  2. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

At this point I'm starting to feel that Harvin might not be an ideal keep this offseason and that Cooper could be an option in the 1st, which I'd be fine with.

Do you think Stanley will declare and, if so, be available in the 2nd? It seems like he's very highly thought of, possibly to the point of being a higher first round pick. Could at least get someone like Ty Sambrailo there though.

Looks like a fine scenario for the Jets all in all, but CB is a position I'd like to see addressed with a big-time free agent as it's hard to trust Milliner and McDougle to play at a high level. Although I will say that Marcus Williams appears to be playing very well, further evidenced by the fact that he's usually on the field and I often don't notice him. If he and others like Walls and Adams show enough, I might be okay with just addressing the position in the draft, but as of now I'd at least want a free agent vet like Tramon Williams if not Chris Harris or Byron Maxwell.

Agree on Mariota over Winston too, if available. With a more QB-friendly coach and system and the opportunity to sit behind a veteran, I think Mariota could be a great player

WW85 likes this.
  3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

WW

Do you know if we will get any comp picks this year?

4. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Good comments JFIPA!!

You're right Stanley could go much higher, especially if he stays another year. If he declares, I say late RD 1/ early RD 2 right now.

Chris Harris is a FA I would love, he's playing at a high level and would command a lot of coin. Harris has out played Talib.

#4 WW85, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  5. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Doesn't look promising, we blew it with Idzik last year wasting those picks. We could get one at best, at the end of Rd 7. I believe if any comp picks are left over at the of rd 7, they start at the top of the draft to hand out any not used.

6. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

ugh i really want mariota bro...and i agree if we dont have a high enough pick to get him..i think we should let harvin go and draft cooper

and im guessing your FA qb is bradford

7. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

I'm not too sure. Assuming we lose out, all we need is TB to beat the Panthers or Saints and Jacksonville to beat the Titans and we will have the 2nd overall pick.

TNJet and nevbeats319 like this.
  8. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Although i wouldn't personally pass on Jameis Winston, if it were for Amari Cooper i couldn't be terribly upset. We most likely could be facing this exact situation come draft time because well probably finish with pick 4 or 5 when this season is over with, and well be faced with a choice of an ELITE Wr prospect or a potential franchise QB .At the end of the day a new regime will be in charge and i believe as do most that a great QB is more valuable than a great WR. Jameis although he has struggled this year is still in some eyes a superior passer to Mariota. Im impressed with both of them and would be fine with either as potential franchise QBs. Put a gun to my head i probably choose Winston, because he reminds me of McNabb/Big Ben type while i can't help to think Mariota is a Kaepernick clone. I like him but that Oregon offense makes QBs look elite look what its doing to Sanchez.

As far as the rest i like where your head is at although Ronnie Stanley and Jalen Collins might be first round picks come draft time

9. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

boom!

10. J_P_5

J_P_5 Member

If we have the chance to get Mariotta and take a wr I'm done with the Jets if he's in range you got to get him we don't need any wrs 1st quarterback 2nd Oline 3rd OLine

11. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Did you read my parameters of the mock?? I even said I'd take Mariota if available since the Jets QB situation is a cesspool. You "just don't get him", it doesn't work that way. Mariota is gone, Cooper next Best player available.

12. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Passing on Winston is a Jets type thing to do so you probably nailed the mock. Good job.

I swear, if we pass on Winston because "he's not the player you want in NY." I will lose my fucking mind. Screw that, he's the best QB in this draft and it's not even close. Passing on him would go down with the genius moves we didn't make in the past because of "off-field issues"

13. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I think he's a great athlete, and a very good QB, but I look at the entire picture and he's a nightmare waiting to happen and the New York Market is the wrong place for him. Off field issues are a big deal, especially with your QB. Very high risk/reward player, I'd take Mariota if available and then Cooper.

I'm not going to and hope others don't high jack this thread any longer and make it a JW thread.

14. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I understand, but we have historically not taken risks on players only to then watch them pan out else where. I would like us to take a risk and I think Winston can be an elite QB in the NFL.

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Cooper is the most QB friendly WR in the draft - dude is going to make a mediocre QB better. We should sign Hoyer or hope Bradford gets cut so we can acquire one of them. What's to say Bradford regains his health and has a resurgence? He's accurate and he can get the ball to Cooper. I'm DEF not sold on Harvin's long-term potential here and to be honest Decker should be a question-mark in later years too. Cooper is a 10 year starter in the NFL.

I like this draft. You get 2 versatile offensive lineman, and you increase the talent-base, you are acquiring players that can come in and play right away. It would be nice to find a RB that can pass-protect and catch passes out of the backfield though.

16. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

We don't have to go let go of Harvin if anything drafting Cooper would make more sense to keep Harvin. Cooper would be making less money than any free agent we would bring in because of the rookie scale. With 25 million in cap space I don't see any reason to have to choose between the two.

The Uniform Bomber and legler82 like this.
  17. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

im a big fan of jalen collins. not sure if he'll last to round 3

18. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Ronnie Stanley is such a great pick! I'm an ND fan and he's complely underrated. I expect he will get some buzz going forward.

If Mariota is gone, Cooper is the pick no doubt, I just hope our guys see it that way.

Jalen Collins may not make it to round 3, if we go corner in the third a guy I would look at is Kevin Johnson from Wake Forest. Perfect size, top corner in ACC and if Idzik is still around it makes sense.

19. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

The thought of that makes me extremely underwhelmed.

I'd also like to see a pass-rushing OLB added. I'm okay with Coples on one side and Babin and Pace are decent players, but each are in their mid 30's and none are impact guys. I'd be open to going in for Justin Houston in free agency, but if not I think they should draft another guy.

20. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I understand Stanley & Collins may not make it to Rd 2 & 3, I base my predictions if the draft was today not the end of April, things will change. I think it may be a long shot Stanley comes out, he probably will stay and hope to be a top 10 pick in 2016.

As far as Idzik, Woody knows the fan base wants him gone, I expect him to get rid of him. The Jets need a complete fresh start.