Anyone and their mother could've made better decisions these past 3 years

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dannymac910, Nov 30, 2014.

1. dannymac910

dannymac910 Member

Before I go on this rant I'd like to list the good decisions we've made that I wanted myself and we actually got done.

Muhammed Wilkerson
    Sheldon Richardson
    Eric Decker
    Jace Amaro
    Damon Harrison (but really he came out of nowhere)

Everyone else sucks ass. Now I wanna list the guys we should've got that anyone and their mother would've known would be successful.

Will Hill - went to st peters prep with this dude, he's a beast but he does have his personality issues, but the fact that the jets not only didn't draft him, but watched him have success with the giants then become a FREE AGENT and not even thinking about giving him a chance and now he's playing solid in Baltimore. Would've been great for our D and we don't have to waste a pick on Pryor and coulda had a receiver or maybe a goddamn oline prospect.

Russell Wilson - it baffles me how this guy is not on the jets. Everyone could see this guy being successful and the way he handles the media would've immediately turned this franchise around. But without him we waste a pick on the useless Geno. Another pick that could've been used on Wr or oline. Wilson has practically become the Derek Jeter of the NFL.

Alshon Jeffrey - This one bugs me every week. We take the lanky unproven Stephen Hill over someone with an actual NFL ready body. Dude has anaquan boldin type body and we take some nobody. Like really whose making the decisions in this front office?

Now for our huge mistakes.

Kyle Wilson- garbage. Waste of a first rounder also could've went to oline or Wr , but nope

Dee Milliner- one of the worst decisions I've ever seen. We trade the best player on our team and best cb in the league at the time and we use the pick for...another cb to replace him. Why. Why god why. Definition of setting someone up for failure. If he doesn't play like revis he's automatically a bust.

Geno - nuff said. Not to be racist but we need a goddamn qb with a head on his shoulders and not from some hood school (lookin at you wvu) also mike Vick was a terrible decision. Tebow all over again (don't get me started) we couldn't sign Orton? McCown? Anybody?

The list could go on and on and I'll definitely add more players and points of mine to the thread. But looking back, anyone here and their mother could've built a better team. Now let's draft Winston or mariota without an oline and set our team back 5 years lol

TNJet and tomdeb like this.
  2. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

not my mother, shes a cunt

joe, RIPJimLeonhard and Pocket Jet like this.
  3. dannymac910

dannymac910 Member

Tre Mason. God I also wanted him. He was so obviously a great rb to take after the first. But I guess we'll stick to Rex and his "power running" of 2.3 ypc

4. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

The GM'S job was open Danny, where were you when we needed you.

Pocket Jet likes this.
  5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I don't believe for a second that you wanted Sheldon or Snacks.

DoubleDecker87, Axel3419 and Jets69 like this.
  6. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I can only agree with Gus on this one.

Pocket Jet likes this.
  7. dannymac910

dannymac910 Member

Yeah I have no idea how we got him or where he came from lol. But I put him up there cause he's one of the bright spots on this team. And yea I can't say I really wanted Sheldon at that pick, but I did want one of those dlineman available. It worked out in the end, Sheldon's a beast.

8. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

My mom passed away 3 years ago so whilst she was a sweetheart, not helping out in the decision making process.

_

9. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Hindsight is 50/50 - for posters like this one - it's 90/10

"our best player" was coming off a MAJOR knee injury. How long did he last at Tampa?

He's not the same player, nor will ever be. Milliner gets an injury as serious as 'our best corner'. So, that equates to both being busts,
    according to your logic.

CaneJet likes this.
  10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Its not racist to shit on Geno's performance.

chris5533 and jilozzo like this.
  11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

The sad part about idzik is that he went best player available and still failed. Most good teams target positiobs/holes, idzik didn't even gave to target certain positions yet he still failed.....

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

While my Mom is a Jet fan...she's terrible at personnel decisions.

Pocket Jet likes this.
  13. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

14. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Everyone will always bring up the guys they wanted that are doing well..but will never mention the guys that they wanted that didnt amount to much.

chris5533, The 1985er and Jets69 like this.
  15. dannymac910

dannymac910 Member

He looks pretty good right now against GB and he's on the goddamb pats. Yea, it was a great decision.

16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Need to see pics of the OP's mom before I can properly evaluate this thread.

JetsVilma28 and Pocket Jet like this.
  17. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

I agree with your points, but something tells me you're not an optometrist.

18. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Wilson isn't that great and if everyone could see him being a success why did no-one draft this sure thing QB prospect sooner than the late third round?

Stephen Hill was generally considered by all the experts and draftnics a first round talent and likely to go in the first round, he was generally considered a major steal at the time - sure it didn't work out but its wrong to say he was a nobody or that it was a crazy pick at the time. Hell, loads of draft sites I saw had the Jets taking him in the first round.

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

My question is did you try this in Madden?

20. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Would love to see your link on what people had him going in the first round because that's the first I've heard of that