You're Woody Johnson: Fix the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Nov 25, 2014.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

How do U known as U claim that I am delusional when you have never/ever met me? So far as U say my yada, yada posts that U mentioned have been totally ON THE MARK so maybe it is the other way around that just maybe the info I post on this board is just not accepted by others since it is info they do not wish to hear so they do not accept it. Also pls explain to me how one becomes a troll who have been a NYJ fan since 1965? :mad:

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

At some point? Champ is the longest tenured troll on this forum, by about a half a lifetime.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

remove this post and the mods should ban you :mad::mad:

4. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

how dare you

his dedication is impeccable :mad:

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I don't owe you anything Champ. I gave you some good advice and I strongly suggest you take it. Let me assure you that I'm not f'n around here. My time is valuable as are your fellow posters that come here for a good exchange of ideas regarding the Jets. Do us all a favor and give more thought to your posts because there are alternatives that will not be to your liking. Consider yourself warned.

#105 Cman68, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  6. Cman68

Yeah.. and Dierk, that's gonna come to an end PDQ.

7. Pavelboca

Pavelboca Active Member

Mindfucked. :mad:

8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I'm hearing more and more stuff about Hardbaugh,if you belive what people are saying it certainly sounds like he is not gonna be coaching the 49ers next season.If your Woody Johnson and you want to fix the Jets in one clean shot you throw the bank at Hardbaugh and fire John Idzik.Hardbaughs wife doesn't want to leave Californa witch puts the Raiders in the mix so if you really want to lure him to NY your gonna have to make him one of the highest paid coaches in the NFL.But landing Hardbaugh and having him pick our QB in the draft next year would be epic,Hardbaugh gives us instant credability and makes the break up from Rex feel a lot better

9. Cman68

I would be on board with this. It would be reminiscent of when Parcells was hired back in the day. It gave this franchise an adrenaline shot to the heart and like you said, gave it instant credability. Would Woody do something so out of character though is the question. I think Woody likes giving guys their first shot at everything. Must be an ego thing.

10. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I'd take Harbaugh but clarify his home life/situation. His wife is on the other side of the country and he is a family man and for that would pass on this.
    I'm also curious about this whole locker room thing....no smoke without fire and all that....

11. gustoonarmy

Ok this is fantasy football and I'm Woody:

I like Rex and so do the players and he is still one of the best football minds in the game, I retain him as DC and hire Bill Cowher as HC, a no nonsense HC that knows discipline with coaches and players alike.

Offensively I really like the way GB play and think their gameplan could transition even without an Aaron Rodgers...so I'd make a play for Tom Clements. If Hoyer becomes a FA, he could be a really good fit here.

GM; I want a person that just understands $$$s, if they happen to like football, that's a bonus. I say person because I'm sure there are members of the fair sex that could do a great job as well, raid the city and get a financially sound mind in.

fantasy.

12. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

I wouldn't put stock in bringing in an assistant from another team and thinking the offense would take on that personality. Still comes down to talent. Perfect example of that is the Packers QB coach becoming the OC for the Giants.

13. gustoonarmy

Very true, I'll bet you this though..the Giants bounce back quicker than we do.

14. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Wouldn't doubt it. They're in a tough spot though with Eli. If/when Coughlin is gone, on paper it's going to be a very attractive opportunity. But are the premier coaching candidates going to be thrilled about being tied to Eli?

15. gustoonarmy

Seems like a bogey on both NY teams

16. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

i like your ideas. makes no sense in a passing league to not sign revis at 11 million, yet pay harris 9 million to play ilb !

get a real gm, go with shanahan as hc or get joe lombardi. maybe even consider both shanahans, with dad as the gm and kyle as the hc.

Big Cat likes this.
  17. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

If I'm Woody I would pay $50 for every fan that even shows up for tonights game

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

It's perhaps easy for me to say seeing as how I do not have tickets. But I am virtually certain if I did I would not go to tonight's game. I would even consider what would otherwise be the unthinkable and try and sell them to fish fans, if I could.

I have not decided whether I will tune in to the game, either. I do want to watch the pregame stuff, though.

19. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Backwards.

A HC cannot manage the GM responsibilities, and Coach at the same time...but put the football mind in charge of the operation.

Let the HC shop for the GM, not the other way around.

Model the operation on collegiate programs where the man putting the product on the field runs the show.

The GM is only necessary for the financial ins and outs that college coaches don't need to worry about...

20. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

1. Trade 3rd rounder for Harbough
    2. Draft QB Marcus Mariota with our 1st
    3. Draft RB TJ Yeldon with our 2nd
    4. Sign CB Tramon Williams
    5. Sign OLB Justin Houston
    6. Re Sign DT Mo Wilkerson
    7. Draft OT/G/ILB 4th/5th/7th

That's a good start!!