Rex has known all season Idzik planned to fire him

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Nov 25, 2014.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Which is exactly my point. McDougle hasnt played, so essentially hes a rookie. And dee has yet to be healthy an entire season. Rex even called him out on it, when does Rex badmouth his played publicly. Im not jumping anywhere but theres a very low chance of the two playing great next season.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

While I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments, I'm afraid that isn't reality any more. About 15 years ago, I wrote one of the reporters from the Daily Snooze and blasted him for his sensationalism and constant disparagement of the Jets. I told him that it was his job to write objectively and report facts, not his opinions. He actually responded and said that is not what is being taught in journalism school or what his editor wanted. If writers wrote the way we think they should, they probably wouldn't have a job and the newspapers would all be out of business. Like it or not, our culture has devolved that far. It's like people slowing down and looking at a wreck on the highway. Most people are fascinated with morbidity, tragedy, and "dirt." It's why all the trashy "reality" TV shows are on, and so many different kinds of media have sprung up to report all the dirt. It's what sells. It's akin to ancient Romans in the Coliseum watching gladiators kill each other and lions devour Christians.

Red Menace likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

I hope not. A win would accomplish nothing but screwing draft position. It will be better for us fans if the Dolphins totally humiliate the Jets. That will enhance the odds that Woody will clean house and start over, hopefully the right way this time, by hiring a football man to run the show and then stepping aside himself from decision making.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  4. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Rex and Thurmond did a good job with Dee last season. They practiced tough love and benched the guy (just like he did with Pryor this season). Milliner looked real good at the end of last season and during training camp. They have potentially a good secondary for the future.

5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

which is what we agree on. the future.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm hoping for a typical Jets performance complete with the flashes of competency on defense followed by the usual inept offense MM dials up. This may sound bad but the last thing this team needs is another faux run to give Woody a false sense of security when it comes to this Leadership team. If 2014 isn't the end of the road for this FO or CS or both, then there's really not much of a future to hope for. Just more of the same circus we've grown accustomed to.

slimjasi and JetsNation06 like this.
  7. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

Sorry friend, I'm never a fan of tanking for draft position. This team has more problems than drafting to be concerned with. Call me old fashioned or any other derogatory term you like, but this fan, just wants a win over the dreaded fish...

pclfan likes this.
  8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I'm usally not for losing out but in this case I think its very important that we lose the next 5 games,winning any of them won't accomplish anything or get us any closer to where we need to be.Rex is gone even if we finish 7-9 so it really doesn't matter.We need to draft a qb either Winston or Mariota ,not to mention I want to see Idzik fired as well.Winning won't change anything or matter for the big picture of the franchise,a top 5 pick will make it easier to get the top coach we want if he is able to draft his qb for the future

9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Rex Ryan is smarter than we've given him credit for. Much smarter.

It's actually Ryan sabotaging Idzik's career to clear a path to be named King of Football for the NY Jets. Woody fires Idzik and names Rex Ryan President of Football Operations, GM, and HC....making Rex the next Bill Parcells, and giving him what Bob Kraft gave Bill Belicheck. Total control.

Idzik came to NY with limited player knowledge and relied heavily on Ryan's wisdom. Idzik's decisions were based on Rex whispering in his ear "Pssst....we don't need Cromartie, he's done". "Pssst....McDougle will be the next Darrell Revis". "Pssst....Pssst....Pssst". And Idzik fell for it.

Rex is a genius....he's doing this in a way that will get Idzik blamed. Billboards will go up. Articles will be written. Rex becomes the 'victim'. The lovable buffoon that no one suspected. Not in a millions years.

And to accomplish his fiendish task, Rex has limited the damage to just one area....his coveted defensive backfield. The one area Ryan knows he can turn around on a dime the moment he's named King.

Book it.

10. NCJetsfan

That's fine. I don't expect most fans to agree with me. For me, it goes much deeper than just draft position, although that is vitally important and underestimated by too many fans. More wins also could give Woody more false trust or hope in the CS, GM and/or FO, and I think that would be an unmitigated disaster. The only hope that we Jets fans have is for Woody to clean house completely. I'm for any and every thing that can help bring that about. Woody isn't that bright, so he needs a lot of help to see what it is that needs to be done. A victory over the Phish could totally undermine what needs to be done and could give him false trust in letting things stay as they are.

Red Menace likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

I'm at the point I don't even care about flashes of competency or player development. I just want this joke of a CS long gone and most likely Idzik and much of, if not all of the Scouting and Personnel Depts. too . We're in total agreement with regard to your last two sentences. The Jets' house must be swept clean and started anew.

Red Menace likes this.
  12. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

I equate Rex to when you have to put down your family dog. You don't want to and you love the dog, but when it's time, it's time.

Rex's teams have consistently been undisciplined and the lack of ability to develop anyone on offense is a major red flag in the current NFL.

gustoonarmy likes this.
  13. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I know I'm in the 1% here... but I still want Rex to stay, but when he leaves I hope he spills the beans on whats being going on here. The cap room, Idzik....f'n stinks. Any potential HC that may want to come here is going to take a good long hard look at this.

tbruner12 likes this.
  14. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Having 7,000 plus posts you should be smarter than this. Your logic here is flawed. Rex always would almost always play the veteran far past there peak rather than trying to play the young player (see Pace, Calvin, Thomas, Bryan, Cromartie, Antonio (last season)

15. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Look, Rex was all bent out of shape when the Ravens chose Harbaugh, someone from out of the organization over him to be head coach. Looks like a great decision on their part.

16. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I have been saying this for quite some time now, it's an indictment against Rex that Ozzie passed him over.

There was an interesting article at the time the jets hired Rex, MT asked Ozzie what should he know about Rex, Ozzie said "he needs his CBs."

I will trust Ozzie before I trust rex any day, and to think that the Ravens players wanted Rex to be the HC, shows how the FO should not let the players influence their decisions.

17. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The players didn't love playing for Shula so liking your head coach isn't a pre-requisite for winning. As for cornerbacks. That's an excuse for losing.

18. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I don't see a top NCAAF program like Florida hiring Rex mostly because of his losing record. They are even more cut throat than the NFL. Plus at Florida they probably hate Rex and blame him for destroying Tebow's career. I could see him going to a lesser program but in a good conference. He definitely has the personality and probably would like campus life, etc. Chances are he goes to TV at least that's what his leaks are saying.

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I suspect you may have missed the sarcasm in the post you quoted. At least I hope so...

PickSix likes this.
  20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said it better myself. Expounding media conspiracy theories is one form of denial behavior exhibited by the homer element in the posters here. It's not the only one, but it's certainly one that the homers are too fond of.

While beat writers may sometimes have an incentive to exagerate, they cannot long continue in their work if they simply make things up and have no credibility. Media hating homers do not understand the realities of the business. It's really that simple.

JetsNation06 likes this.